The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hypercrate Platinum Packs!

I'm pretty upset about the platinum set because I decide to buy a hypercrate just for the guentee of getting some rare armor or something
HAHAHA

There are no guarantees with a hypercrate.

Learn 2 RNG.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment and talk about a new and exciting feature we have recently added to our Hypercrates – Platinum Packs!

What is the Platinum Pack?

The Platinum Pack is a new pack found in addition to the 24 Packs already received within a Hypercrate – think of these as bonus packs! Each Platinum Pack contains a random Super Rare or better item from the pack contents. So for the Deep Core Pack, this could include the Armored Coastal Varactyl, a piece of the Dark Legionnaire’s Armor Set, or the Throne of Enlightenment!

So now that we know what this new pack is, let’s take a moment to discuss it some. The Platinum Pack is currently a test feature, and as such, it has not been determined if the Packs will exist past Shipment 7. While we feel it brings additional value to the Hypercrate purchasing experience, we also want to ensure this is something everyone finds value in and enjoys. Our continuation of these packs will be entirely up to you!

As we continue moving into the Mid Rim Packs, we will be tightening down on the contents of the Platinum Pack to only include select Super Rare or better items. This means that while the pack will have less items in it, the items should be more desirable. This update is being made based on the feedback we have already received from the Deep Core Platinum Pack, so we want to thank you for that!

We hope you enjoy this addition to the Hypercrate experience, and look forward to your feedback!

Whoopdy frackin god daumm doo! How about more CONTENT and less ways for you guys to try to suck money out of this dying game...Subscriber base continues to drop as cartel junk continues to rise I have 6000 CC from subbing that I rarely spend on anything other that XP boosts for leveling If I really want cc junk I will buy it off the GTN instead of spending 250 for a companion gift that I can get with crew skills, a social boost which is worthless, a small amount of worthless rep, some junk scrap(never drops jawa junk) and tycho randeens Velcro utility belt that there is 500 on the gtn for 10k...

such as pieces of the Primeval Stalker’s Armor Set

Spot on! I got the Primeval Stalkers Bracers. So pretty much the most useless item from the armor set since it is always covered by gloves anyway and can probably gotten for 10k on the GTN.

Given that this was my first Platinum Pack, I feel a little disappointed. I was looking forward to something like a mount or decoration that I could use for my character, not some piece from an armor set I'd never wear on any of my Republic characters.

My recommendation would be to always put in at least 2-3 pieces from the armor set, if not the full set, or just leave out armors completely unless they are some extremely popular armor (like Revan's or Satele Shan); average armors like this only interest a small portion of players.

Unlockable items like mounts or decorations (maybe even rare titles and emotes) are way more interesting than an armor piece. Please continue working on the drop rates for the next Platinum Pack because right now I feel like the Platinum Packs are not worth it.

Edited by Jerba

Spot on! I got the Primeval Stalkers Bracers. So pretty much the most useless item from the armor set since it is always covered by gloves anyway and can probably gotten for 10k on the GTN.

Given that this was my first Platinum Pack, I feel a little disappointed. I was looking forward to something like a mount or decoration that I could use for my character, not some piece from an armor set I'd never wear on any of my Republic characters.

My recommendation would be to always put in at least 2-3 pieces from the armor set, if not the full set, or just leave out armors completely unless they are some extremely popular armor (like Revan's or Satele Shan); average armors like this only interest a small portion of players.

Unlockable items like mounts or decorations (maybe even rare titles and emotes) are way more interesting than an armor piece. Please continue working on the drop rates for the next Platinum Pack because right now I feel like the Platinum Packs are not worth it.

my EXTRA free stuff wasn't good enough please make my free item even better. I paid real money for the 24 packs and got what i paid for but was extremely disappointed in the free extra item that i did get. How dare you give me free items that I don't want/cant use.

my EXTRA free stuff wasn't good enough please make my free item even better. I paid real money for the 24 packs and got what i paid for but was extremely disappointed in the free extra item that i did get. How dare you give me free items that I don't want/cant use.

Well, the dev was asking for feedback and I don't think I sounded very whiny.

Obviously, the intention of the Platinum Packs is to incentivise players to buy a hypercrate instead of individual packs. At least I now have the impression to not expect any special item in it, and if every player thinks like this (at least for the Deep Core Platinum Pack this appeared to be the case) then the whole work put into creating the Platinum Packs was useless. So I hope that they tweak the drop rates a little bit and give you something that you can always use no matter what you get, and I think mounts and decoration unlocks are better than armor sets for this.

Hi all!

Our Mid Rim Pack launches today, and with it comes another Platinum Pack for those who purchase a Mid Rim Hypercrate!

As mentioned previously, we continue to refine the contents of the Platinum Pack based on your feedback. This includes tightening the Pack contents into a more select list featuring the packs strongest offerings, such as pieces of the Primeval Stalker’s Armor Set, the Commemorative Statue of Revan, the Ridge Hunter Rancor, and more!

We hope you enjoy this new addition to the Hypercrate experience, and welcome your continued feedback!

I got a pair of Primeval Bracers from my platinum pack.

A fairly rubbish item that I doubt anyone would want to be honest.

Edited by micnevv

Yes I agree.. if its a "Special" pack then having bits and pieces of armor sets is a complete joke. That's bad enough we have to play Where is Waldo in the 24 pack Hyper Crate and then hope GTN has missing pieces to get whole set.

That brings up the whole collections thing being annoying. Having to COMPLETE the armor set in order to share say only the chest piece is a tad annoying. If we can get that fixed it would be nice as well. :)

Yes I agree.. if its a "Special" pack then having bits and pieces of armor sets is a complete joke. That's bad enough we have to play Where is Waldo in the 24 pack Hyper Crate and then hope GTN has missing pieces to get whole set.

That brings up the whole collections thing being annoying. Having to COMPLETE the armor set in order to share say only the chest piece is a tad annoying. If we can get that fixed it would be nice as well. :)

collections require the entire set simply for performance and space issues. you can easily identify if the entire set is unlocked or not. If you were to have to identify if any piece is unlocked every time the collections is active or if any piece of equipment that is equipped needs to be added to the collection it can be quite draining on the system and effect performance. As it is, you need to equip all pieces at the same time and the entire set is added to the collection at that time. It will not likely change ever.

and welcome your continued feedback!

The low droprate of decorations in a hypercrate is frustrating :tran_frown:

I am not happy with this pack, I got mostly useless items for that much cash.

I got a bracer I will never use from the platinum pack, so that was no use for me either.

Edited by Icestar

Hi all!

Our Mid Rim Pack launches today, and with it comes another Platinum Pack for those who purchase a Mid Rim Hypercrate!

As mentioned previously, we continue to refine the contents of the Platinum Pack based on your feedback. This includes tightening the Pack contents into a more select list featuring the packs strongest offerings, such as pieces of the Primeval Stalker’s Armor Set, the Commemorative Statue of Revan, the Ridge Hunter Rancor, and more!

We hope you enjoy this new addition to the Hypercrate experience, and welcome your continued feedback!

I was much happier with today's Platinum Pack. I got myself a sweet little Revanite Planning Tent.

I'm not sure how rare those will turn out to be, but it's an item I wanted. So it's all good. :)

I buy one hypercrate with every release of new packs.

So, last month's platinum pack gave me a pair of boots to an armor set that was not very rare.

This month they said the loot tables had been improved to "feature the pack's strongest offerings" so I was pretty excited to see what I got this time. It was a pair of Revered Huntsmaster boots...

It's not complaining about free stuff so much as giving feedback. I was pretty disappointed.

And for what it's worth I definitely agree decorations are too rare. Unlike armor which is a "one and done" thing, meaning less people need to buy it, people need multiple decorations of each type to decorate the way they want, so it becomes really hard to find decorations once the packs aren't brand new. Out of a hypercrate I only got 5 decorations. It would be nice if you were guaranteed one decoration per pack like the first stronghold packs.

Edited by Beltane

I think you need to tighten up the loot table for the Platinum crate a little more. While one extra piece of armor is nice, it's a bit depressing when it turns out to be boots for a set you already have. It's especially awful when you open two hypercrates and get the same item from both Platinum packs.

Well I got the Commemorative Statue of Revan in the one hypercrate I bought. I don't know if that's better or worse than armor boots. Guess we'll see once people start putting things up on the GTN (I have no interest in the item myself).

Well I got the Commemorative Statue of Revan in the one hypercrate I bought. I don't know if that's better or worse than armor boots. Guess we'll see once people start putting things up on the GTN (I have no interest in the item myself).

wow another statue of revan, don't we already have to many now lol

I also simply got a pair of boots from this, nothing exciting at all. It's a good idea, but it needs to be something more interesting than a simple cosmetic, particularly boots/bracers/belts/etc. And it certainly doesn't feel like a "super-rare" or valuable object.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

Limit the items to Ultra rare decorations, Head or chest piece of the most sought after armor, Ultra rare mount, and that's it. Getting BRACERS or something to that level is really disappointing for those willing to spend a lot for those packs.

Bought one to check this out. Have to agree, the platinum pack idea is good, the execution, not so much. :p

A thought I had was, give a list to choose from and just make it bind on pickup. People can get that one item they want and they can't sell it on the market.

Last 3 Hypercrates that I opened, all I got was from 2 of them was a belt, that when sold on the GTN was worth about 4,900 credits and 900 credits. I got a crystal that I think sold for about 22k. I hardly think these are rare or super rare. Just seems like extra junk to me. More like booby prizes. : (