Merc leveling specs?

Seksi

Hey all. Having a tough time with Merc trying to level and looking for some tips. I am level 20 currently but don't feel I am doing as well as I could. All of the guidance I can find are from old guides when you actually spec'd into trees. Any help or pointing me to help would be appreciated. Just looking for a solo spec to get me through stories.

You level as Arsenal

Mechanics for all specs are borked until you gain enough levels for them to work so you use the simplest spec with the least mechanics.

You follow a 3.0 dps guide for arsenal... like the one at the top of this forum... and everything you haven't got yet you simply skip.

There is no fixed rotation for Arsenal just a short and simple priority list:

1) Get the Barrage proc by using Tracer Missile

2) Use the following abilities if they are available:

• Priming Shot
  • Heatseeker Missiles ONLY on a target with Heat Signature from Tracer Missile
  • Rail Shot ONLY with 5 stacks of Tracer Lock from using Tracer Missile
  • Electronet

3) Use the Barrage buffed Blazing Bolts

4) Use Tracer Missile if heat is available otherwise use Rapid Shots

You won't have Blazing Bolts at level 20 only Unload so you use that instead.

In fact all you really have is Tracer Missile and Unload. When you get the rest you use them as shown.

Edited by Gyronamics

You level as Arsenal

Mechanics for all specs are borked until you gain enough levels for them to work so you use the simplest spec with the least mechanics.

You follow a 3.0 dps guide for arsenal... like the one at the top of this forum... and everything you haven't got yet you simply skip.

You won't have Blazing Bolts at level 20 only Unload so you use that instead.

In fact all you really have is Tracer Missile and Unload. When you get the rest you use them as shown.

Thanks for the tip. Yea it's tough only having a couple of the skills in there.

Arsenal is pretty ezmode for leveling. Basically use DFA and sweeping blasters on the packs of standard mobs. And at lower levels mostly tracer missile, unload, rail shot and heatseeking missiles. companion wise, mostly just stick with Mako until you complete the forged alliances chain and get the pirate gear from Rishi, at that point you will have a spare set of heavy aim gear to give to Torian.