Juggernauts are gimped

drastikxx

As a dps sith juggernaut or even as a tank the class is super squishy and does no damage. The threat gain on the class is terrible. Bounty Hunter and Assassin have such high damage their threat is great. The sith warriors have one skill that builts high threat which is on a long cd, along with their aoe taunt and single target taunt.

Something definately needs to be done about how terrible sith warrior is. Hopefully it's incoming have no word yet from the test server forums.

I've played a healing specd bh who does more dmg at lvl 20 than a lvl 50 dps specd juggernaut.

Juggernaut isn't just gimped Marauder is pretty terrible as well. The other 3 classes are mostly balanced aside from Sorcerror/Sage's shield that needs nerfed big time. The fact is a sorcerror with the shield is more tankier than a tank spec juggernaut. It's just dumb and there is no way this is intended.

Please tell me your working on some buffs or something soon. I would suggest trippling the threat output of the tank stance and maybe add 10-15% endurance to it as well for tank. It is pretty terrible in threat and survivablity.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a dps sith juggernaut or even as a tank the class is super squishy and does no damage. The threat gain on the class is terrible. Bounty Hunter and Assassin have such high damage their threat is great. The sith warriors have one skill that builts high threat which is on a long cd, along with their aoe taunt and single target taunt.

Something definately needs to be done about how terrible sith warrior is. Hopefully it's incoming have no word yet from the test server forums.

I've played a healing specd bh who does more dmg at lvl 20 than a lvl 50 dps specd juggernaut.

Juggernaut isn't just gimped Marauder is pretty terrible as well. The other 3 classes are mostly balanced aside from Sorcerror/Sage's shield that needs nerfed big time. The fact is a sorcerror with the shield is more tankier than a tank spec juggernaut. It's just dumb and there is no way this is intended.

Please tell me your working on some buffs or something soon. I would suggest trippling the threat output of the tank stance and maybe add 10-15% endurance to it as well for tank. It is pretty terrible in threat and survivablity.

Then you must be doing it wrong.

Tanking as SW is easy. Yes BH does AE better, but no one tanks elites as well as SW. BH is low defense, high mit... which means they always take damage. SW is more defense, and the bubble shouts mit the hits you do take... SW also has the most cooldowns.

Stop being terrible.

How do I know you're being terrible? Because there are MANY like you.

I grouped with a pair of you for Hammer Station last night. I was able to kill things faster than both the DPS specced Jugg and the Marauder... and I was the one tanking. I'm a TANK Juggernaut.

If you have trouble with this class it is not the class, it is YOU.

Same goes for any Marauders having problems. It's YOU, not the class. Upgrade your gear, figure out what your abilities do and THINK BEFORE YOU ACT.

are we playing the same class?

I got to 50 yesterday and have been doing heroic dungeons and doing guild groups for world pvp and warzones.... i am quite literally the bell of the ball....Jugg is an amazing class especially at tanking...god is it amazing at tanking...

Dunno what your talking about....

In a wz today I got 33 kills 3 deaths 250k protection and 8 valor medals

I was top in wz with most kills least deaths highest protection and highest valor.

Im a lvl 35 juggy immortal.

Juggy is prolly the most complicated class with the highest ability bloat and I love every bit of it. If you can't dps as a juggy or if you can't tank as a juggy...your doing it wrong.

I just wish these "juggy is broken" ppl would just ask for help or ask what they are doing is wrong before bashing the class.

If you want help...im sure a flood of juggy's would lend you their advice. Don't be shy or arrogant.

Edited by Torakenat

I was willing to listen to what you had to say until:

Really...?

I agree that some tanking aspects could receive some improvements, among a lot of dps aspects of the Juggernaut aswell. But that line just revealed the bright QQ seal on your thread.

Edited by Liberta

Yeah, riight.

keep healer guarded....jump in aoe taunt...single taunt anything touches the healer...smash...sunder everything throw in some retaliation and repeat...you'll get tons of protection.

it's mind boggling how many tanks go into wz and actually don't play their class.

If you play immortal or any tank class and go into a wz just to dps....ur doing it wrong.

I am only Lvl 15 but I feel I may be doing something wrong. I can't seem to hold Agro on anything. I usually play with a friend BH. As you said before, ask for help. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I don't seem to have anything to hold agro.

I go through spurts of this class sucks and this class is awesome. I think it depends on your level and build. The low 30s for me was a real breakthrough on it being great. What is up with no pommel strike in PvP though? Do other classes have restricted skills in PvP?

Lastly, 250K in protection? You're looking for the make-believe thread, my friend.

I am only Lvl 15 but I feel I may be doing something wrong. I can't seem to hold Agro on anything. I usually play with a friend BH. As you said before, ask for help. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I don't seem to have anything to hold agro.

You will get taunt and later an area wide scream that will aggro for you. Plus once you get into the 30s, the damage you do will certainly grab attention.

Juggernaut needs work. Supposedly Bioware are going to give Juggs a onceover within the next 30 days or so. Abilty Bloat and the myriad keybinds necessary to play Jugg effectively make it feel clunky to play next to any other class. For a melee class their damage output is mediocre. Cardinal principle of a warrior class is that no class should be able to stand toe to toe with a Warrior and eat his punishment. Can't be said about about the Juggernaut. Also given all the cc other clases have I think we're way to squishy. Having said that I like my Jugg I think he has potential. Unrealised but potential nevertheless. BW dress up this class the way it should be please. Thanks.

The sith warriors have one skill that builts high threat which is on a long cd, along with their aoe taunt and single target taunt.

If you're referring to Backhand, i'd like to point out that the "high threat" description is inaccurate. It used to stun, deal no damage, and generate high threat. They changed it to deal damage, but removed the high threat. They forgot to remove part of the description.

...either that or the extra threat it generates is lower than 100.

Juggernaught is pretty gimpy. It's not like I'm struggling, I frequently come top in PvP, I have no problems soloing, and no problems tanking.

Then again tanking in this game is a joke, so that's no surprise.

Thing is, I just don't see what we get over Assassin. They just seem to be a significantly better class. The fact that some of us, including myself, can do fine does not mean we're not gimped.

I grouped with a pair of you for Hammer Station last night. I was able to kill things faster than both the DPS specced Jugg and the Marauder... and I was the one tanking. I'm a TANK Juggernaut.

Cool story bro, but completely irrelevant. The fact that some people are doing OK doesn't mean the class isn't gimped. Any experienced MMO player would know this.

Ultimately it's all academic until we can start parsing DPS.

keep healer guarded....jump in aoe taunt...single taunt anything touches the healer...smash...sunder everything throw in some retaliation and repeat...you'll get tons of protection.

it's mind boggling how many tanks go into wz and actually don't play their class.

If you play immortal or any tank class and go into a wz just to dps....ur doing it wrong.

100% Agree usually when im in a warzone i come top 1-3 with most kills least deaths and my protection is always top by far compared to the other tanks!

Stop being terrible.

Same goes for any Marauders having problems. It's YOU, not the class. Upgrade your gear, figure out what your abilities do and THINK BEFORE YOU ACT.

This si such a steaming pile of *********. I've been tanking thru a lot of mmo's, I know the mechanics and SW:TOR's juggernaut has very easy mechanics to master. Tanking is ok, but the damageoutput is absolutely horrible compared to other classes in this game that can tank.

I think the biggest issue seems to stem from the fact that the Sith Warrior gets an epic ton of skills and tring to find the right rotation can take a bit.

The key to Sith war is refining the rotation. Mara or juggy its all about refining the rotation. You can easy fill your actions bars with all the skills a War gets and you can easy have a 12/15 button rotation. For DPS or tanking but you know what if you read the skills and understand your spec those 15 become 6 real fast.

This is not WoW. People need to get over it and understand this isnt a shell of an MMO it dosent do all the thinking for you by giving you 6 skills and saying theres your class. Sorry but playing this game and the classes effectively takes a bit of thinking and reading.

This is not WoW. People need to get over it and understand this isnt a shell of an MMO it dosent do all the thinking for you by giving you 6 skills and saying theres your class. Sorry but playing this game and the classes effectively takes a bit of thinking and reading.

Get over yourself. Playing an immortal jugg is easier than playing a blood-specced deathknight.

If sith Juggernaut gets buffed more, they be unbalanced for open world pvp(mostly so far haven't meet much in open world pvp we can't roll without much effort), and they not bad i have alot of survivability with mine and i am taking down elites without healer pets. If you die to easily, either you taking on to much or doing something wrong.

Edited by Barzarel

Honestly, Juggernaut will have trouble in the early levels. Things start getting better with Soresu form and as you gain more and more abilities and talents as well. At that point, you need to mark targets. Make sure everyone is targeting the same enemy. Not only will it be easier for you to tank, but it will kill them faster making things easier on the healer, too. Trust me I have a healer spec Merc and a tank spec Jugg and targeting enemies and killing them fast will make a huge difference.

For the most part, you just need to give it time. Gaining skills like Taunt, Guard, and Threatening Scream will work out in your favor. And I can't praise how well the talents work together enough. Lash Out, Guard Stance, Blade Barricade, Shield Specialization, Revenge, and Sonic Barrier. Those are perfect together. It literally turns defense into offense and back to defense.

You guys thinking juggernauts get some abnormal amount of skills... I'm here to bring you some information. I've played almost every character to 20, and my Operative to 44.

I tend to look at all of the abilities on the trainer. Here comes the information... Juggernaut has close to the lowest amount of abilities, if not the lowest.

The class isn't hard becuase it has a ton of abilties, it's hard because it sucks until later levels. It also needs some help, it's not quite as fleshed out as Marauder. I'm hoping they'll add a mechanic to compete with Marauder's Fury.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.