Guardian or Sentinel? - Injured Hand!

Victros

Hello,

I'm just coming back to SWTOR. I'd like to play a Jedi Knight. However, my left hand is injured at this time, limiting how much movement I can do during combat and the number of keys I can bash. I need to be somewhat stationary and have a simple rotation. That being the case, which is better for me, Guardian or Sentinel? Also, which tree should I spec in once I choose? I mainly play solo PvE. No PvP.

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

I'm just coming back to SWTOR. I'd like to play a Jedi Knight. However, my left hand is injured at this time, limiting how much movement I can do during combat and the number of keys I can bash. I need to be somewhat stationary and have a simple rotation. That being the case, which is better for me, Guardian or Sentinel? Also, which tree should I spec in once I choose? I mainly play solo PvE. No PvP.

Thanks for any help!

Neither both require you to move around as the situation calls for even choosing a guardian and tanking. Best bet for staying stationary would be a ranged class like Sniper or Gunslinger.

Man, I was really set on a force-user. I guess I can move around, if I keep the rotation simple. Which of the two, and which tree, has the simplest rotation?

Best bet would be to go to Dulfy's site and look at their builds they give a rotation difficulty rating on most builds.

I recommend Vigilance Guardian. If you're focusing on solo PVE you won't really have to move that much no matter what you pick, but I think that spec has the most easiest rotation and is in the best place right now.

Man, I was really set on a force-user. I guess I can move around, if I keep the rotation simple. Which of the two, and which tree, has the simplest rotation?

Don't roll sentinel unless they undo the most recent changes to the class.

Best bet would be to go to Dulfy's site and look at their builds they give a rotation difficulty rating on most builds.

Good Lord, some of these Guardian/Sentinel specs have 18+ keystrokes just as an opener...

Combat Sentinel doesn't look too terrible. Guy who wrote the guide said it was OK for beginners.

Still, maybe I should stick with a Gunslinger. Is Sharpshooter the one that drops those portable shields to hide behind?

Combat Sentinel doesn't look too terrible. Guy who wrote the guide said it was OK for beginners.

Still, maybe I should stick with a Gunslinger. Is Sharpshooter the one that drops those portable shields to hide behind?

iirc yes.

If you're willing to put the money onto it, you could get a MMO mouse like the Logitech G600 or a Razer.

I have 24 abilities I can use with just the mouse and I organised my quickbars in 3x4 blocks like on the mouse.

That way you'd use the keyboard only for movements as I do.

Currently leveling my Combat Sentinel. The rotation is rather simple, especially if you can hotkey the small number of proccable abilities the discipline uses. I would still advise against choosing Sentinel though, the AC feels like it's in a terrible place compared to the other characters I've leveled recently.

Both of those classes require some keybinds from my experience, the only spec that i have found to not require them to the same extent is lightning sorc, so I would recommend you look into that :) good luck Edited by Sharkii_boy

Okay, wait a minute...

Can you click a mouse button? Can you click the W key? If you can, you can play TOR and pretty damned well. The game is easy mode. Enjoy it.

And NEITHER of these classes require a keybind. How do I know...I play both.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

He's asking for a leveling/solo PvE build, really no point in refering him to endgame Raid guides with strict rotations.

As someone else already said, if you're really set on playing a JK, go with the Vigilance Guardian.

Edited by jupezz

I agree with the people suggesting vigilance guardian.

My main is a vigilance guardian, I find it very easy to use in my opinion to a lot of other classes, and if youre like me, and dont use keybinds but hit the abilities with a mouse its still pretty easy :)

He's asking for a leveling/solo PvE build, really no point in refering him to endgame Raid guides with strict rotations.

As someone else already said, if you're really set on playing a JK, go with the Vigilance Guardian.

Yes well sadly there are no guides that give you step by step builds from lvl 1 to endgame. They are ALL for endgame so you take what you can get and improvise.

Sage/Sorc DPS is fairly stationary. Mobility has gotten better in 3.0, but prior to that, you pretty much stayed still the entire time as movement would kill cast times and channeled abilities. So there's a force user option.

Yes well sadly there are no guides that give you step by step builds from lvl 1 to endgame. They are ALL for endgame so you take what you can get and improvise.

You don't need guides for the leveling phase, like at all. That was what I was trying to say - so sending someone endgame rotation and priority guides will only make them think that the class is way harder than it actually is.

So again, if I had to rank the 3 easiest force-using classes/specs for the leveling phase, I'd say:

Telekinetics Sage > Balance Sage > Vigilance Guardian

Seer Sage and Defense Guardian are pretty easy as well, but modding properly is a little bit more important - for both yourself and your companion/s.

Edited by jupezz

You don't need guides for the leveling phase, like at all. That was what I was trying to say - so sending someone endgame rotation and priority guides will only make them think that the class is way harder than it actually is.

So again, if I had to rank the 3 easiest force-using classes/specs for the leveling phase, I'd say:

Telekinetics Sage > Balance Sage > Vigilance Guardian

Seer Sage and Defense Guardian are pretty easy as well, but modding properly is a little bit more important - for both yourself and your companion/s.

I only sent him there to look at the rotation difficulty rating that Dulfy's guides almost always has I never said for him to use the guide beyond that. HOWEVER, I also am considering that with x12 xp he can be at end game in roughly 3 days so the guide will still be useful in the end.

I only sent him there to look at the rotation difficulty rating that Dulfy's guides almost always has I never said for him to use the guide beyond that. HOWEVER, I also am considering that with x12 xp he can be at end game in roughly 3 days so the guide will still be useful in the end.

Yeah, I get that. I just thought that since he's mainly interested in Solo PvE, he won't be using 12x EXP. I could be wrong, though.

OK, so a few votes for Vigilance Guardian. I'm a little concerned that I'll roll one now, and they'll change it in the future to be much more complex. Do they have a history of doing that sort of thing?

Thanks again!

OK, so a few votes for Vigilance Guardian. I'm a little concerned that I'll roll one now, and they'll change it in the future to be much more complex. Do they have a history of doing that sort of thing?

Thanks again!

No, the chances of that happening are almost nonexistent. Class and spec changes are a given but they usually don't effect the overall difficulty in a PvE environment. And truth be told, as long as you're not into PvP and "hardcore" endgame raiding, you will easily get by with just a few keybinds (or even clicking everything) and using your abilties as you see fit.