PoT5 = Dead > Need Merge ASAP

exodusdm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly welcome a server merge, but if it came at the cost of losing my characters and/or names (which is essentially your entire identity in an MMO) I would much rather just wait the few extra minutes for warzones.

If they would reform the naming system so we could actually have/keep the names we want, and implement a better surname system, I wouldn't feel so cheated out of my characters' identities. I could then support server mergings, at that point. In fact, make it all one massive server, and my 42+/- characters would be happy to play.

Merge with Jung Ma, please.

Thanks

People who say this don't know what they're talking about.

1) Jung Ma is an RP server.

2) Jung Ma has ranked popping like 1-2 hours a day. Even if you did merge POT5 with JM, you'd be back here complaining about your dead server the very next day.

Edited by HaoZhao

People who say this don't know what they're talking about.

1) Jung Ma is an RP server.

2) Jung Ma has ranked popping like 1-2 hours a day. Even if you did merge POT5 with JM, you'd be back here complaining about your dead server the very next day.

Yes but jung ma is really the only server to merge it with.

1. You can merge Jung ma with pot5 because the RP/PVP however you cant merge JM with Pot5 since its a pvp only. Get it?

2. Both servers are lacking in population only reason ranked pops is cause people ask in ranked channel and most (who are normally doingn nothing) will que.

Yes but jung ma is really the only server to merge it with.

1. You can merge Jung ma with pot5 because the RP/PVP however you cant merge JM with Pot5 since its a pvp only. Get it?

2. Both servers are lacking in population only reason ranked pops is cause people ask in ranked channel and most (who are normally doingn nothing) will que.

Jung Ma isn't a server you can merge it with and the developers have already right out said that any changes going forward will respect the current community divides, with RP-PVP being specifically mentioned something that will remain distinct. Asking for POT5 and JM to be merged is a waste of time because the developers have more or less already said no.

PVP and RP-PVP aren't the same thing. The RPers would just get trolled into oblivion by the awful POT5 community and most of them would probably move to Ebon Hawk, leaving the merged server in the same state as the current POT5. Once again, there's barely any ranked at all on Jung Ma. Merging these two servers would barely affect queue times for POT5 at all.

I'm thinking they should merge all PvE and PvP servers on the East Coast. This would take care of hurting any RP'ers feelings

Or just move it into jung ma. It would leave RPers alone as well as bring more pvpers to jung ma. Win win

Edited by Darth__Reaver

Jung Ma isn't a server you can merge it with and the developers have already right out said that any changes going forward will respect the current community divides, with RP-PVP being specifically mentioned something that will remain distinct. Asking for POT5 and JM to be merged is a waste of time because the developers have more or less already said no.

PVP and RP-PVP aren't the same thing. The RPers would just get trolled into oblivion by the awful POT5 community and most of them would probably move to Ebon Hawk, leaving the merged server in the same state as the current POT5. Once again, there's barely any ranked at all on Jung Ma. Merging these two servers would barely affect queue times for POT5 at all.

You're reading too much into BW's cryptic BS. No dev has said anything resembling a "no" (or "yes" for that matter) to any merges or any specific merges. Please stop interpreting their notes as if they are profound scriptures set in stone or assuming your interpretation of said scriptures are something resembling facts. If any server needs a merge right now, JM is it. While it is true that some people like playing on a low pop server or even having a server all to themselves (I still remember the screams from people tryiing to log into Ven Zallow after that got merged with Jung Ma way back when), I am fairly sure that JM & POT5 will not exist in their current forms 1 year from now. But there is no hard info on any of BW's plans at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Or just move it into jung ma. It would leave RPers alone as well as bring more pvpers to jung ma. Win win

Jung Ma and POT5 are both so dead at this point merging the two would do nothing. They need to fold the servers.

Stop allowing new toons to roll on Jung Ma/POT5, give every current toon on these servers a free server xfer and the problem will take care of itself.

Wish they'd do it already.... ive made topics like this previously in here and in the pot5 forums, my guess is theyre trying to squeeze as many coins out of people as they can from transfers.

(Without realizing they are actually losing more money in respect to how many subscribers are leaving the game over it).

With previous server merges, how were instances of characters with the same name handled? Were you also given more character slots?

If memory serves, the people on the destination server kept what they had. If any changes needed to be made it came from those being moved.

In other words, if they moved everyone on Pot5 over to Jung Ma, then every character on Pot5 with a name a character on Jung Ma already has would have to be renamed.

They allow you to buy a server transfer if you wish, and you can always roll new characters on a different server, so shutting anything further down would be an absolute last resort.

If you wish to move but keeping your character names is a priority, roll characters with those names on potential destination servers to see what is available there.

I wonder, though, who is to blame for the so-called "toxic behavior" I keep reading about?

Is the blame more in the camp of subscribers, F2Pers, or are both more-or-less equally to blame?

Edited by Mithros

merge with Jung Ma!!! We are dying here as well

Merging two dying servers helps nothing; you need to merge a dying server into a healthy server: add those that want to play with others into another that has others playing, not two servers with no one playing into a bigger server with no one playing.

Edited for grammatical errors.

Edited by ConstantineS

• 2 weeks later...
Please Bioware read this Thread and understand your PAYING customer are requesting POT5 merge or Transfer everyone to another server to help us enjoy faster Ques. Sitting there waiting for a Que is not enjoyable.:rolleyes: