Bugged animations and combat lag should be higher than new flashpoints.

Neverdyne

The core mechanics of the game should be in a higher position on the dev's priority list instead of new flashpoints, warzones, and operations. People are underestimating the importance of a fluid and smooth combat in an MMO. It is, in my opinion, one of the biggest reasons why Warhammer Online and other similar MMOs failed; and why WoW because such a huge success. Don't forsake gameplay because of concentrating on story.

A fluid and responsive combat should be NO. 1 in the developer's priority list. Please, fix it. After that you can add more straight up content. Right now many people are underestimating the issue because of the "newness" of the game, but trust me it'll have a very negative impact on SWTOR if it's not fixed in at least a month.

Edited by Neverdyne

Pretty sure a sneak peek is not telling you everything that is happening in a patch. BioWare also has to rule out that this... unresponsiveness is not a server issue, but just a player lag issue.

How can it be a "player lag issue" when every post you see here is people asking to fix this game, people who post their specs and latency and have very low latency and a good machine and still get it.

Plus my internet is ok-to-fast, maintaining 100-105 latency at all times, yet I get this damned clunky, slow combat on and off, sometimes its unplayable and sometimes the animations/cast time is mostly fluid though not entirely. I am 99% sure the problem is in Bioware's end.

I agree with the OP. I play a smuggler and it can be quite difficult to get in cover even after pressing the corresponding button repeatedly but then all of a sudden 5 seconds later I'm in cover when I am no longer trying to do so and am keying another ability. Also the lack of a combat log is quite ridiculous, that should be top priority for BioWare, along with the bugs, I haven't even seen a patch trying to rectify the numerous bugs going on?

How can it be a "player lag issue" when every post you see here is people asking to fix this game, people who post their specs and latency and have very low latency and a good machine and still get it.

Plus my internet is ok-to-fast, maintaining 100-105 latency at all times, yet I get this damned clunky, slow combat on and off, sometimes its unplayable and sometimes the animations/cast time is mostly fluid though not entirely. I am 99% sure the problem is in Bioware's end.

I haven't seen any of those and haven't had any issues myself. I start to ignore a lot of the compliant threads, and they're starting to get annoying and a lot are basically about twisting this game into a WoW clone completely.

I haven't seen any of those and haven't had any issues myself. I start to ignore a lot of the compliant threads, and they're starting to get annoying and a lot are basically about twisting this game into a WoW clone completely.

How is asking for a fluid and smooth combat the same as asking for this game to become a WoW clone? When someone asks an athlete to better it's stamina because they need it in order to perform a race, they aren't asking him to become a copy of another athlete. It's just something every athlete should have. The same goes with this.

And this IS a game's fault. People have even made videos showing the problem. Seriously, being a complacent "rainbows and sunshine everywhere" fanboys are only detrimental to the game's long term success and growth.

Edited by Neverdyne

How is asking for a fluid and smooth combat the same as asking for this game to become a WoW clone? When someone asks an athlete to better it's stamina because they need it in order to perform a race, they aren't asking him to become a copy of another athlete. It's just something every athlete should have. The same goes with this.

And this IS a game's fault. People have even made videos showing the problem. Seriously, being a complacent "rainbows and sunshine everywhere" fanboys are only detrimental to the game's long term success and growth.

He was probably referring to the no "LFG tool", "cross server", and "dual spec" complaints.