Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Taking Down a Credit Selling Ring

EricMusco

They wouldn't be there if no one was buying from them. So there must be people buying from them enough that they keep doing this.

My solution to try and stopping them is a in game system where when a set number of players like most of us click on the report spam tab on them it puts a day block on them to use any chat or mail in game and repeat violations would permanent ban them. And if we happen to see a credit collecting bot running around there should be a tab to report them for being a credit collecting bot with a set number of users that would have to report it as well.

But even I know that some of us maybe just standing in one spot grabbing the materials every 5 minutes as we sit and watch tv too and may not even notice if someone came up to us so it isn't full proof and bot collecting.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't be there if no one was buying from them. So there must be people buying from them enough that they keep doing this.

My solution to try and stopping them is a in game system where when a set number of players like most of us click on the report spam tab on them it puts a day block on them to use any chat or mail in game and repeat violations would permanent ban them. And if we happen to see a credit collecting bot running around there should be a tab to report them for being a credit collecting bot with a set number of users that would have to report it as well.

But even I know that some of us maybe just standing in one spot grabbing the materials every 5 minutes as we sit and watch tv too and may not even notice if someone came up to us so it isn't full proof and bot collecting.

Sigh. People are so utterly clueless when it comes to cred spammers.

THE SPAMMERS DON'T MAIL CREDITS, THEY DON'T HOLD CREDITS, AND THEY DON'T RECEIVE CREDITS. THEY SPAM. THAT'S IT. Do you seriously think that the solution is that simple, and BW's just missed it the whole time? Lmao. :rolleyes:

Edited by idnewton

• 4 weeks later...

The same one spam mailed me 3 days in a row on the same character... First two I reported third time was ignore.

You should at least check these reports daily if you're serious. It doesn't only show their idiocy as I only become less likely to visit their sites which can only be expected to be littered with viruses/malware. It shows me BW only on occasion does something or just saying they do to make a point and then giving them free roam again.

The same one spam mailed me 3 days in a row on the same character... First two I reported third time was ignore.

You should at least check these reports daily if you're serious. It doesn't only show their idiocy as I only become less likely to visit their sites which can only be expected to be littered with viruses/malware. It shows me BW only on occasion does something or just saying they do to make a point and then giving them free roam again.

Is the sky falling also? This is so sad.

Have you even noticed how dramatically cut-down the chat-spam has been? The last month+ has been AWESOME. Right now I'm seeing maybe 2 sellers/evening/faction but most nights I don't see any. I get a few email spams/week and that's it.

Yet here you are getting so upset cuz they haven't taken care of the problem 100% and 99.85% just isn't good enough for you. I find the fact that you don't seem to appreciate all they've done cuz you seem to have an isolated problem with in-game mail spam and feel it's so heinous that you have to rage about it here.

TL;DR - The credit farmers have been virtually eliminated and are on the ropes so raging over the occasional one you get really seems unfair and selfish. The system is working great now. Thank-you!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a necro-update question thing. I am starting to see some messages pop up about this and was hoping to get a Dev/Community Team response. Chests no longer have credits in them. Is this as I suspect a method of killing off gold farmers or an oversight in the loot drop table for chests?

Some other posts about this are:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824659

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824913

All I have to say is I'm getting to the point where I want sending in game mail to work towards being blocked for FTP. It is starting to get annoying. Or at least require some sort of double opt in confirmation/CAPTCHA/RECAPTCHA to make an account.

Or if FTP account is not on the receiver's (not sender's) friend/guild list, they can't send the mail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.