Question: Can Trandoshans become a playable race in the future.

I'm most likely not the only person who thought Bosk was a ****** in the Starwars movies, and me and a couple buddies would love the chance to play a Trandoshan like we did in Star Wars Galaxies, any Devs that might be watching the threads, I'd love a response.

Kavorian Thetes, Jung Ma Server.

"It is not the Blade you nedd to watch, it's the man that Grasps it."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still want the Kel'dor to be the next playable race, after the Togruta.

The problem with Trandoshans, is that they don't speak Galactic Basic i.e. English, so it wouldn't really work...At least the Kel'dor do speak Basic, so it's not unreasonable.

I'm most likely not the only person who thought Bosk was a ****** in the Starwars movies, and me and a couple buddies would love the chance to play a Trandoshan like we did in Star Wars Galaxies, any Devs that might be watching the threads, I'd love a response.

Yeah, I want to be Kephess!! :rak_03:

No, it is not.

Because of several reasons:

1: Their size. They are larger than a normal human, and thus would require a new set of animations and the camera angles would have to be reworked/rechecked on ALL the cutscenes in the game.

2: Their looks. It would be very very hard to get a believable romance going for them... also, the kissing animations wouldn't work.

3: Armour. Hands, feet and head wouldn't work with most armour parts, so those would be bare. Not the biggest concern, but it would mean making 3/7th of all armour models invisible. And for a game where people pay for armour with real money in some cases, that's a bad thing.

they said the only chance of species like trandos becoming playable is that they would be a unique class like trando hunter cant find the source but ill put it up if i find it.

They've also said they're never adding new classes because of the astronomical cost associated with it. They were pretty much giving a fancy way of saying "we won't do it."

being as the dev team is too lazy to make it so the cloak hoods dont cover twilek heads.it just clips... they said they werent gonna add anymore non regular headed speices... which is redarculous , want the targrutas and the shak ti species , , bothans. and ithorians. . trandosians too.... that would rool

They've also said they're never adding new classes because of the astronomical cost associated with it. They were pretty much giving a fancy way of saying "we won't do it."

New classes would be fine, but what he said....^^^^

Trandoshans, wookies, and other weird alien lifeforms that would require a boatload of work for armor, cutscenes, dialogue, etc. probably ain't gonna happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see new classes with new class stories, I just doubt it is something we'll ever see.

No, it is not.

Because of several reasons:

1: Their size. They are larger than a normal human, and thus would require a new set of animations and the camera angles would have to be reworked/rechecked on ALL the cutscenes in the game.

2: Their looks. It would be very very hard to get a believable romance going for them... also, the kissing animations wouldn't work.

3: Armour. Hands, feet and head wouldn't work with most armour parts, so those would be bare. Not the biggest concern, but it would mean making 3/7th of all armour models invisible. And for a game where people pay for armour with real money in some cases, that's a bad thing.

For trandoshans I just figured they would do the armor similar to what they did for Qyzen Fess by just having the chest, belt and bracers slots visible. Trandos don't need shoes.

well bossk was only in the movies for very short clips... it was his EU storys you liked.... and the stuff that was wrote about him after the fact... just like boba fett. he had sucha small part in the movies but was so loved my the audience they made him iconic,,,, there basically the equivilant to IG 88 , but people like them

For trandoshans I just figured they would do the armor similar to what they did for Qyzen Fess by just having the chest, belt and bracers slots visible. Trandos don't need shoes.
thats how they had them in Star wars galaxies... you could equipe boots... and gloves. but you dont see them... , but ithorians and wookiees have there own armor that the other species , aka Human. Zabrak, Sullustan , Twilek , Bothans there armor had to be specially crafted. compaired to them,

if they did add Trandos . wookiees or ithorians... it would be just like qyzen.... you would put the armor on but it would show up different

thats how they had them in Star wars galaxies... you could equipe boots... and gloves. but you dont see them... , but ithorians and wookiees have there own armor that the other species , aka Human. Zabrak, Sullustan , Twilek , Bothans there armor had to be specially crafted. compaired to them,

if they did add Trandos . wookiees or ithorians... it would be just like qyzen.... you would put the armor on but it would show up different

Well the armor problem is solved. As for cutscenes, I'm pretty sure trandos would work given the fact that they are roughly the size of a type 3 male body. They do speak basic so that wouldn't be a problem, though modulating the voices would be necessary. Romanes? It can work.

Well the armor problem is solved. As for cutscenes, I'm pretty sure trandos would work given the fact that they are roughly the size of a type 3 male body. They do speak basic so that wouldn't be a problem, though modulating the voices would be necessary. Romanes? It can work.

yea i they could add wookiees and trandos ... there body styles are basically type 3... and theres even a type 4 trando npc.... butt yea your right:)

yea i they could add wookiees and trandos ... there body styles are basically type 3... and theres even a type 4 trando npc.... butt yea your right:)

I could think of a few more species that they could add too by just doing these things. Instead they like to go with aliens with head tails that clip which will lead to people not liking it and then to people complaining on the forums for he next three months.

We've got two possible things going on here. First possibility, "Wouldn't it be great if Transdoshains were a playable race?" musing. That's fantasizing, so go ahead and fantasize. Second possibility, it's a request to have Transdosians added as a player race. At this point, requests for overtly non-human-looking aliens as player races are pretty much trolling, because everyone knows that this game is not SWG and never will be, and the romance option precludes races like Transdoshian, Wookiees, etc., whether they are capable of speaking Basic or not.

Even if the supposed "Princess Leia kiss test" is not an actual thing, it might as well be (although I don't think shark-genital-faced Sith PB would pass it).

Edited by branmakmuffin

I appreciate the feedback, but the Sage/shadow has a Trandoshan as a companion so the animations are already there, as for the armor, the boots, gloves and helmet can easily be hidden like Qyzen fess's gear is, so that's why I posed the question, the Togruta will become a playable race, so can the Trandoshan become a playable race as well.

I suspect Bioware chooses their player species by whether or not an overly hormonal teenager can rub one off to it. If not, no dice.

Secondly how little work the can get away with implementing it. If more than a minimal effort, then no dice.

I can see male wookiee smuggler romancing a very adorable Bowdarr. The only problem I would see there is the moaning and groaning could be either conversation or climax. Edited by dlcman

being as the dev team is too lazy to make it so the cloak hoods dont cover twilek heads.it just clips... they said they werent gonna add anymore non regular headed speices... which is redarculous , want the targrutas and the shak ti species , , bothans. and ithorians. . trandosians too.... that would rool

1. I'm assuming targrutas = togruta, which we are getting sometime this year.

2. shaak ti IS a togruta, not sure what you mean by and her species...

3. Bothans: Highly unlikely maybe, bit problematic on romances but not too bad.

Ithorians: will never happen

Trandoshans: will never happen

Man I hope not...I put Qyzen Fess in the deepest depths of my ship so I never have to see him again, or listen to his guttural whining about how Trandoshans are treated unfairly and how he lost his high score.

I appreciate the feedback, but the Sage/shadow has a Trandoshan as a companion so the animations are already there, as for the armor, the boots, gloves and helmet can easily be hidden like Qyzen fess's gear is, so that's why I posed the question, the Togruta will become a playable race, so can the Trandoshan become a playable race as well.

Animation is there for his animations, sure... but there are a ton of other animations that he never does. Especially in cutscenes. For example, kissing :rolleyes:

I'm not saying the armour pieces can't be hidden... look at my post again.

And no, the trandoshians won't be a playable race for the reasons I mentioned.