Make Crafting Mats stack to 999

MaximusRex

With the numerous different types of mats used across the various professions, the uneven drops rates between Green/Blue/Purple quality mats compared to ratios of each needed for high end crafting, and add in many crafted item taking 3-6 different mats in quantities of 3 each to 16 each, it isn't unrealistic to expect a crafter to keep or have multiple stacks of each mat at each tier for all professions on hand.

What is unrealistic is to have mats stack so shallowly when their usage is so deep, especially with Conquest.

With all this considered I'd like to request that Crafting Mats be made to stack to 999 from the current 99.

Going a bit further, how about anything that can be stackable be stackable to 65536. That means materials, grenades, stims, etc.

I could get on board with this. Larger stacks is good

A thought I had would be 1 more tab added to the legacy storage and instead of item slots like the other tabs this one is dedicated to mats. It tracks a list and total of mats so you would see something like

<Mat 1> x <quantity>

Desh x 88

I suggest legacy storage so that all chars can feed into it and I imagine it would be lighter on database usage just having to track quantity rather then location item and quantity

Amen! Amen, Amen!

I didn't realize how crafter friendly a game could be until I played Guild Wars Two. It's a Server-Wide System that one can deposit Crafting Material into from anywhere, at anytime: open bags and right-click deposit collectables. It was kind of shocking to think that crafting-material management could be so easy.

Wouldn't it be nice if other MMOs (hint SWtOR!) could follow suit.

I've burnt through multiple stacks of Crafting Materials just updating one character's gear. Three vaults of my Legacy storage is nothing but Crafting materials, and then each character has a vault committed to it as well. What a pain it is to find the rare stuff for crafting.

I guess SWtOR would rather make the creds off of us buying storage then help out crafters.