Crafting window bug

kmufc

When opening the crafting window all the items that can be crafted are always closed now, meaning you have to click the + every time to display the items that are avaliable, not game breaking but annoying

Having all categories collapsed by default is something people have been asking for since launch and a nice quality of life feature.

I like it, it's much easier to go to the desired category now.

Edited by Glzmo

Another "bug" I found is that hovering over the item in the craft window does not show the extra attributes an item gains for blue and purple level (if you hover over a purple item, it gives you the stats for the regular green recipe). At least for Armormech.

Another "bug" I found is that hovering over the item in the craft window does not show the extra attributes an item gains for blue and purple level (if you hover over a purple item, it gives you the stats for the regular green recipe). At least for Armormech.

yup this is also broke for armstech, great lol

Having all categories collapsed by default is something people have been asking for since launch and a nice quality of life feature.

I like it, it's much easier to go to the desired category now.

I agree that having all categories collapsed by default is a QoL improvement, documented or not, but the implementation is buggy, as others have mentioned. (Add the "Wieldable" offhands from Artifice to the list of bugged tooltips while hovering.)

In addition to the bugged tooltips, it is now required to relocate the last schematic that was queued for crafting after closing and reopening the crafting window. Painful. I hope this is merely a bug that will also get sorted out.

In addition to the bugged tooltips, it is now required to relocate the last schematic that was queued for crafting after closing and reopening the crafting window. Painful. I hope this is merely a bug that will also get sorted out.

painful indeed. in addition to that, when you craft something with one companion and then click on the crafting-profession-icon on another companion in that window that opens by pressing N, the whole client freezes for 10-20 seconds. note there are two ways of selecting the companion you want to craft something. one way is by clicking on that crafting skill in that window that opens with the N button. the other way is a drop-down menu inside that window that opens when klicking on the crafting skill icon on one of your companions. the drop-down thing works fine, the other does not.

When opening the crafting window all the items that can be crafted are always closed now, meaning you have to click the + every time to display the items that are avaliable, not game breaking but annoying

Not having to minimize all of the tabs is a huge convenience. It's way faster to navigate.

While I personally like the change to having all the tabs closed by default, as a lot of other folks do, I'm sure there are also plenty who would prefer to have it as it was, with all tabs open. I don't know why they wouldn't have just added an "expand all/collapse all" button like most interfaces that use this type of collapsible tab system have.

One minor feature that I do miss already that was removed by this change was having a freshly RE'd schematic be pre-selected when you opened the crafting window after learning it.

It would also be nice if it would save its state, at least during the current login session. When you close the window to, say, interact with storage or an NPC or something, and come back to it, all tabs are once again fully collapsed.

I think this was a great QoL improvement - but whatever else they did, my entire game client freezes if my crafting window is open and I then click on a different companion (in the 'N' panel) to craft items. 3 to 10 seconds, if I'm lucky and it doesn't choke my client out completely. I have never before, since the launch of the game, experienced this problem, and it happens every. single. time. I've checked it with both of my main crafters (artifice and cybertech). It's rather painful.

It doesn't happen when using the drop-down to change which companion will be crafting. They must have broken something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also find the numbers in the window bugged. Often, 0 will showeven when I actually have enough mats to make several of that item. The opposite sometimes occurs as well.

• 4 months later...
painful indeed. in addition to that, when you craft something with one companion and then click on the crafting-profession-icon on another companion in that window that opens by pressing N, the whole client freezes for 10-20 seconds. note there are two ways of selecting the companion you want to craft something. one way is by clicking on that crafting skill in that window that opens with the N button. the other way is a drop-down menu inside that window that opens when klicking on the crafting skill icon on one of your companions. the drop-down thing works fine, the other does not.

thanks for fixing the freeze bug BW :)

• 1 month later...
Not sure if serious or sarcastic here - because they definitely haven't fixed this bug. I was experiencing it in full bloom this morning.

More work to be done.

This was meant serious because it seemed to be fixed. But this morning my client happens to freeze again.

Edited by johnbgood