The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Questions from a noob

Milandalorian

Since I have a VG i just know the name of rep abilities.

Shoulder cannon depletion time increased to 1,5 sec from 0,5 sec.

Slightly reduced damage of the shoulder cannon.

Removed full auto ability.

I think that's all since 3.0, this changes shot tactics dps to the ground. Hopefully we will get back something in 3.2

Since I have a VG i just know the name of rep abilities.

Shoulder cannon depletion time increased to 1,5 sec from 0,5 sec.

Slightly reduced damage of the shoulder cannon.

Removed full auto ability.

I think that's all since 3.0, this changes shot tactics dps to the ground. Hopefully we will get back something in 3.2

i cant even...

uh...

yeah...

Mate, if Tactics's DPS was shot to the ground by this, then everyone else who was nerfed (bar IO) is currently chilling in the plants core, while all tactics was doing pre-nerf was chilling 1m off the ground.

Anyway, the nerfs hit Plasmatech/Pyrotech. These were:

FLAMING FIST

Elemental damage reduced by 21.15%

IMMOLATE

Damage reduced by 5.4%

RAIN OF FIRE

+10% damage moved from Flaming Fist + Rail Shot to Flamethrower

FLAME BARRAGE

Free Flame Burst removed

3.2 is doing the following

RAIN OF FIRE

+10% Flamethrower damage moved to +5% Kinetic/Energy damage, as well as DoT spread for Incendiary Missile on Flamethrower

SUPERHEATED FLAMETHROWER

Stacks required dropped to 2 for max damage. Damage/Stack increased from 15% to 25%, and slow per stack increased from 30% to 45%.

BURNOUT

Makes Scorch use 5 less heat.

COMBAT TECH'S 6-PIECE SET BONUS

Properly consumed by Immolate

Overall, the changes make Pyro a better AoE spec, and the single target damage stays about the same IF you have the 6-piece set bonus, otherwise its a decent increase in DPS.

Edited by TACeMossie

Thanks for the responses guys! Appreciate it! :)

I was just wondering, people seem to keep saying that VG was nerfed hard recently, since they are mirror classes that must also apply to PT but not many seem to complain about PT or at least not as much...or am I just seeing things? xD

Edited by Milandalorian

Thanks for the responses guys! Appreciate it! :)

I was just wondering, people seem to keep saying that VG was nerfed hard recently, since they are mirror classes that must also apply to PT but not many seem to complain about PT or at least not as much...or am I just seeing thing? xD

Well I mean if you compare to pre-nerf when we could fire our shoulder cannon (level 51 ability) every 0.5 seconds and off the GCD to now then yeah we where nerfed "hard" but then again we where pretty much murdering everything pre-nerf.