The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

Now that Malachor is canon, I'm betting that the planet with the Sith temple, where Ezra finds the holocron, is Malachor. During the trailer we can see Sith statues (same ones found on Moraband during TCW) and odd looking humanoid mummies(?).

If true, I hope the episode explains what happened during the scourge of Malachor. I wonder if the holocron will canonize a Sith from the KotOR era (Nihilus pls)? Maybe this Sith teaches Ezra how to build the cross-guard lightsaber/shows him where to find one?

I've never been so pumped for a Rebels episode.

Considering the cross guard saber has a green blade, I doubt it'll be of Sith origin.

Am really curious though what Ezra will do with it, considering he already has his own lightsaber. Maybe they'll start having him dual wield. Dave Filoni really seems to like have force users dual wield.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the cross guard saber has a green blade, I doubt it'll be of Sith origin.

I thought about that. It's possible that the green crystal was added by Ezra. It's also possible that the previous Sith owner was a fallen Jedi and this was the saber he used when with the Jedi Order.

Or maybe the Sith didn't originally use red crystals?

Am really curious though what Ezra will do with it, considering he already has his own lightsaber. Maybe they'll start having him dual wield. Dave Filoni really seems to like have force users dual wield.

This kind of lightsaber doesn't look like the kind one would dual wield. Maybe Ezra's current saber is destroyed or lost and this is his replacement?

Edited by SlthBounteHuntah

I thought about that. It's possible that the green crystal was added by Ezra. It's also possible that the previous Sith owner was a fallen Jedi and this was the saber he used when with the Jedi Order.

Or maybe the Sith didn't originally use red crystals?

This kind of lightsaber doesn't look like the kind one would dual wield. Maybe Ezra's current saber is destroyed or lost and this is his replacement?

In the Star Wars Novel "Tarkin", quite early in the book, Tarkin ponder on who Vader might be and while doing so he's thoughts falls of the raids he'd done together with clone troopers and Jedi's; he describes the Jedi practicing and their different colors on their lightsabers, and here it is; "Seemingly the different fighting styles didn't match the color on their swords as some with matching fighting styles could have different colors on their sabers"(or somewhat rather). Which in turn makes me think that they just might scrap the old canon with fighting styles and force orientation with matching crystals!!??

If so, well, we really don't know the symbolic worth of a crossguard and what it represent. There is speculations that the Inquisitors origins from turned Temple guards, and in turn that the knight of Ren is a continuation of the Inquisitors, and as Kylo wields a crossguard saber and is a Knight of Ren, we know that the crossguard saber is significant in its importance. It would be nice to get a hint as of the origin with in Rebels and thus tie the cartoon closer to the movies.

Is it of Light or Dark origin? OR is the answer more complicated than that? One thing we could guess is that the origin is either pre PTs or post RotJ!!

Edited by t-darko

The new episode was fantastic, almost everything was very intriguing.

Yoda and Anakin where interesting, the models looks better then they did at first in the trailer IMO. The Grand inquisitor as temple guard was cool, totally saw that coming though. Also I think Kanan is now a Jedi knight and no longer a Padawan.

So Yoda pretty much wants the Jedi to find Maul, he knows they need to make an alliance with him if they are to have a chance.

Was a good episode, although it seems as if the GI is still above Kanan, but then again vision. Though one other thing, wasn't it said that the Temple could only be raised by a Jedi Master and Student? So why is it the 2 Inquisitors are able to raise it? Or am I misremembering?

Finding it rather bizarre though that the Rebels are going to Malachor apparently to find Maul to ally with him....which that seems kind of strange advice from Yoda to go ally with a Sith Lord(abit a former one but sill). But I guess we'll see what happens.

Kinda sucks we have to wait so long for the episodes though...

Was a good episode, although it seems as if the GI is still above Kanan, but then again vision. Though one other thing, wasn't it said that the Temple could only be raised by a Jedi Master and Student? So why is it the 2 Inquisitors are able to raise it? Or am I misremembering?

Finding it rather bizarre though that the Rebels are going to Malachor apparently to find Maul to ally with him....which that seems kind of strange advice from Yoda to go ally with a Sith Lord(abit a former one but sill). But I guess we'll see what happens.

Kinda sucks we have to wait so long for the episodes though...

Well the Jedi where already inside so that may have been why? Idk we never really seen how they exit out of the temple the first time.

Well I don't think none of the Jedi know who Maul really is, the Jedi probably kept his revival under the wraps a bit. Ahsoka may not even know.

Yeah there's a two week break now :p

Oh it was cool that we got some more info, so Anakin and Ahsoka did get reunited near the end of the war.

Oh it was cool that we got some more info, so Anakin and Ahsoka did get reunited near the end of the war.

made sense to me, I can't seem him letting her just dissapper even if he was supposed to (attachgment issues being a thing) I imagine he would have kept tabs on her to make sure she was settling into her civilian life

This whole episode was a good Star Wars moment, and the reason I keep watching.

Canon

Malachor

"Malachor was a hellish wasteland world where the Great Scourge of Malachor took place thousands of years prior to the First Order–Resistance conflict. In a vision to Ezra Bridger, Yoda urged him and his Jedi compatriots to seek answers to their questions on Malachor. After being questioned on its significance, Ahsoka Tano and Kanan Jarrus appeared apprehensive. Malachor Company, a group of mercenaries that operated during the Galactic Civil War, shared their name with the hellish world.

Its name was sometimes invoked as an expletive to express discontent, and Colonel Meebur Gascon of the Grand Army of the Republic and the crime lord Cikatro Vizago were known to use the expression.

Great Scourge of Malachor

The Great Scourge of Malachor was an event that occurred on Malachor some millennia before the First Order–Resistance conflict. At the time of the First Order–Resistance conflict, Kylo Ren, master of the Knights of Ren, crafted a lightsaber with a crossguard blade design dating back to the Great Scourge

Behind the scenes

"But there's no way in Malachor that I'm going to lead this pitiful squad on an assault of that landing zone."

―Meebur Gascon utters the first mention of Malachor in canon[src]

In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Malachor was another name for Malachor V, a planet that was first mentioned in the 2003 Legends role-playing video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The world became canon when it was mentioned in "Missing in Action," the twelfth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fifth season."

Legend

Malachor

"The early history of Malachor V remained largely unknown. Vague reports established that an ancient branch of the Sith—the True Sith—constructed a Sith academy on the planet's surface. In time the Academy, and Malachor itself, became a place of great power within the dark side of the Force. At some point in time the empire of the True Sith disintegrated, and they retreated further back into the Unknown Regions, seemingly abandoning and forgetting their stronghold on Malachor V.

Later, after the Old Sith Wars, a fallen Jedi named Kreia came across the ruins of the academy and began to use it as a training ground for the new army of the Sith Triumvirate.

It had been suggested by some that the Sith who populated the planet were members (or former members) of the Sith Empire. The hypothesis remained controversial among historians and had yet to be proven, however. The historical records clearly pointed out, though, that there was some connection between the mysterious True Sith and the Sith Empire. The extent and manner of that connection also had yet to be discovered. As it turned out, the True Sith was a remnant of the Sith Empire, led by the man who would become the Sith Emperor. Fleeing their defeat at the end of the Great Hyperspace War, they eventually came to the world of Dromund Kaas. At some point, they apparently came to Malachor V where they built the Trayus Academy. During their time on Malachor V, the Empire experienced an uprising led by Dakar Sol."

Yep this is going to be really interesting to follow!!!

So... Malachor... wonder where they are gonna go with this...

Indeed . . .

Edited by t-darko

Very good episode! I knew that the mysterious planet in the mid-season trailer was Malachor. I can not wait until that episode.

I believe all of the Inquisitors are former Temple Guards. It would explain why they all use double-bladed sabers. Makes me wonder if the Grand Inquisitor was the "Grand" Temple Guard. Was he in league with Sidious before Order 66? I wonder if this will be explained in detail.

Very good episode! I knew that the mysterious planet in the mid-season trailer was Malachor. I can not wait until that episode.

I believe all of the Inquisitors are former Temple Guards. It would explain why they all use double-bladed sabers. Makes me wonder if the Grand Inquisitor was the "Grand" Temple Guard. Was he in league with Sidious before Order 66? I wonder if this will be explained in detail.

Considering how poorly the Inquisitors fight, I think it's more likely only the Grand Inquisitor (and perhaps a handful of others) were Temple Guards. However, how does a Temple Guard fall to the Dark Side? If anything, I thought they would be the first to fall to Order 66, simply because of their role of guarding the Temple.

And Malachor really got me giddy this episode. I think we're going to see some serious Old Republic tie in. Yoda was giving Ezra a lecture on when it is wrong for Jedi to fight... And in my experience, I would say Malachor V was indeed the biggest blunder in that category.

Considering how poorly the Inquisitors fight, I think it's more likely only the Grand Inquisitor (and perhaps a handful of others) were Temple Guards. However, how does a Temple Guard fall to the Dark Side? If anything, I thought they would be the first to fall to Order 66, simply because of their role of guarding the Temple.

And Malachor really got me giddy this episode. I think we're going to see some serious Old Republic tie in. Yoda was giving Ezra a lecture on when it is wrong for Jedi to fight... And in my experience, I would say Malachor V was indeed the biggest blunder in that category.

Good point. Unless many of them fell before Order 66? I hope this is all explained one day.

About Malachor. Yoda sending Ezra there for a lesson on fighting reminds me of Revan disobeying the Jedi Council to fight. He fell to the dark side because of this. Or was that retconned and changed that he only fell because of the Emperor?

Good point. Unless many of them fell before Order 66? I hope this is all explained one day.

About Malachor. Yoda sending Ezra there for a lesson on fighting reminds me of Revan disobeying the Jedi Council to fight. He fell to the dark side because of this. Or was that retconned and changed that he only fell because of the Emperor?

He was treading close to darkness before meeting the Emperor, it wasn't until they met that he went off the deep end.

He was treading close to darkness before meeting the Emperor, it wasn't until they met that he went off the deep end.

Awesome. I do like that. I was afraid that TOR changed it. I hope they bring Revan into the new canon without making TOR canon.

Edited by SlthBounteHuntah

So had me a second watching of episode 17, it really grows. On the topic of who can open the temple; Ahsoka is reluctant to try, her excuse being that she isn't/weren't a part of the Jedi order. This could be seen as Ahsoka having doubt of 1) her powers 2) a respect for the temple, that shouldn't be open of a unworthy or a combination of both. Clearly "any" Force user with a confident ability in the Force was/is able to open the temple . . .

One of the important themes of Star Wars, from my point of view, is the emotional challenges, all from Luke realizing that Vader is his Father, to now when Ahsoka is faced with the fact that Vader is Anakin, only when Kanaan admits his limitations can he be knighted a Jedi Knight. And Ezra, well, his conflict is just starting . . .

On the topic of character growth; it took only one episode to make Agent Kallus into the Series most interesting character, just by introducing him into his own conflict.

"Sometimes it's better not to know . . ." is Heras words as they, she and Sabine, watches their three Jedi friends fly of in the distance; "A life long challenge it is not bending Fear into Anger . . . ". I think we got the themes for our future Star Wars right there and in that sense it looks real good.

I love this show!! Shroud of Darkness is my new fave episode. The wave and smile from Yoda to Ahsoka at the end was so sweet. :csw_yoda:

Awesome. I do like that. I was afraid that TOR changed it. I hope they bring Revan into the new canon without canonizing TOR.

Filoni wanted to make Revan canon with an appearance in TCW...but Lucas pulled it (IIRC). With GL not having any say now...Filoni and his KOTOR lovin' staff may have a serious opportunity to do just that. :D

Plus Revan winning the Hasbro Black Series figure fan contest...Disney is probably seeing the marketing potential for his character .

I was pleased by the episode, and I was also thrilled with joy to see the Imperial carrier make it into canon. I always liked that ship in the ships source book, glad it made it into the show and the rebels are now using it.

Still can't wait to see the Mon Calimari show up into the fleet. hopefully that happens end of this season or next season.

Filoni wanted to make Revan canon with an appearance in TCW...but Lucas pulled it (IIRC). With GL not having any say now...Filoni and his KOTOR lovin' staff may have a serious opportunity to do just that. :D

Plus Revan winning the Hasbro Black Series figure fan contest...Disney is probably seeing the marketing potential for his character .

Indeed.

I love this show!! Shroud of Darkness is my new fave episode. The wave and smile from Yoda to Ahsoka at the end was so sweet. :csw_yoda:

HK-47 is also a character in the mobile game released last November called "Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes" he's the only "non-canon" character in the game. So KOTOR is getting more recognition now :D

So had me a second watching of episode 17, it really grows. On the topic of who can open the temple; Ahsoka is reluctant to try, her excuse being that she isn't/weren't a part of the Jedi order. This could be seen as Ahsoka having doubt of 1) her powers 2) a respect for the temple, that shouldn't be open of a unworthy or a combination of both. Clearly "any" Force user with a confident ability in the Force was/is able to open the temple . . .

I think it's took the inquisitors quite a bit more effort to open the temple, remembering back to season 1 the temple was designed as a trial for Masters and there padawans.

Wouldn't this mean the fact that Ahsoka said she couldn't open it, be complete ******** then? I mean the Inquisitors certainly aren't Jedi, so it shouldn't have mattered who really opened it.

But then again I guess it doesn't really matter, but still though.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Wouldn't this mean the fact that Ahsoka said she couldn't open it, be complete ******** then? I mean the Inquisitors certainly aren't Jedi, so it shouldn't have mattered who really opened it.

But then again I guess it doesn't really matter, but still though.

She says she shouldn't open it, because she's not a Jedi. Unlike the Inquisitors she respected the sanctity of the place. Edited by Beniboybling