The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

I actually like the new Vader voice, and his casual soloing a fleet in a tie fighter was ******.

I think that female inquisitor is Barris Offee, calling it right now. I also think we'll see Ahsoka's death, though maybe not this season...

Hmm, interesting, not an entirely impossible guess conidering this.

And Vader do look cool turning on his Tie fighters Blaster 'fossett' and causing some mayhem . .. ... Still not liking the voice tho;)

More

Edited by t-darko

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I'm getting sick of TCW characters. I get it, the TCW crew is working on the Rebels crew so naturally they wanna bring in some TCW but already we have....5 TCW characters and more than likely a 6th if that female Inquisitor is who the speculations are pointing to...which I wouldn't doubt it and it's kinda obvious.

I mean who's next? Is Darth Maul gonna show up at some point?...

I don't hate TCW or the characters, but they are pushing all these old characters in and it just seems kinda like a cluster*** when the Rebels show is suppose to be about new characters, enemies and so forth.

I liked the Season 2 trailer and I'm looking forward to it greatly, I just don't want this show to become a hidden TCW show within the Rebels show. It wouldn't be so bad, if this was all stretched out, but they just dumped 5 possibly 6 TCW characters within one season and that is kinda overloading a little...

I mean unless in this season some of them are gonna die.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I totally agree Wolf, and if the female Inquisitor turned out to be Bariss, I'd be disappointed. Rebels needs to stand on it's own too feet with it's own cast. Continuity for TCW characters is great but that should be done outside of Rebels. And if in Rebels, in a very limited way, I think they should have just stuck with Ahsoka, then let a select few trickle in.

Heck they even said they didn't want to overload the show with TCW in the Rebels panel at Celebration, but I feel like they've already done that. Then again a trailer is kind of a cluster-****, so maybe it won't feel that way in the show itself.

But yeah, no Bariss, resolve her story somewhere else, give us a new, strong female characters please.

Edited by Beniboybling

I totally agree Wolf, and if the female Inquisitor turned out to be Bariss, I'd be disappointed. Rebels needs to stand on it's own too feet with it's own cast. Continuity for TCW characters is great but that should be done outside of Rebels. And if in Rebels, in a very limited way, I think they should have just stuck with Ahsoka, then let a select few trickle in.

Heck they even said they didn't want to overload the show with TCW in the Rebels panel at Celebration, but I feel like they've already done that. Then again a trailer is kind of a cluster-****, so maybe it won't feel that way in the show itself.

But yeah, no Bariss, resolve her story somewhere else, give us a new, strong female characters please.

I mean...the only way I see it with them dumping all these characters into 1 season, is that the show itself won't go on for more than 4 seasons at most or they just wanna try and conclude all these stories about characters from TCW, or both.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What the **** happened to Rex and the clones?

Also while Vader was cool, it sadly still looks like every other Imperial character has maintained his/her incompetence.

Edit: Oh you mean the other ones...eh, not so much so, the two Inquisitors look interesting enough.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

uh, a male and female inquisitor

constant dodging on the fate of Ezra's parents

hmmmm

Also, to those who don't like Vader's voice, it's James Earl Jones, you can't get more legit than that, though the intervening years probably changed his voice a bit.

uh, a male and female inquisitor

constant dodging on the fate of Ezra's parents

hmmmm

Also, to those who don't like Vader's voice, it's James Earl Jones, you can't get more legit than that, though the intervening years probably changed his voice a bit.

Eh, neither the male nor the female look that human - admittedly the female pic is just concept art, but they made an oblique reference Mirialans, so seems like she really is supposed to have green skin.

Edited by DarthDymond

Edit V: I am abit disappointed about Vaders Voice - to sharp "R"'s compared with James Earls OT voice over. The other darkside villains - got me thinking - doesn't seem like the cool awesomeness of the Inquisitor, -but hey I've been wrong before . . .

But overall it, the trailer, makes me want to have more, so they are doing something right . . .

It's my understand that James Earl Jones is voicing Vader in Season 2 of Rebels so it's more an evolution of Mr. James' voice rather than a bad knock off.

It might be intentional too. Showing a character evolution of Anakin's speaking style as he gets more accustomed to the suit/breathing apparatus. /shrug

Looks like Ahsoka is on either part time or full time to season 2, i always wondered what happened to Captain Rex, i knew is personal honor code would be enough to beat back the order 66, at least that is what ive always thought, but judging by some of the trailer it looks like he got away from it unlike Commander Cody who didn't. Edited by Celise

• 8 months later...
Season 2 returns on the 20th.

Preview for the next episode:

Leia is in it and those look like ships in KOTOR/ SWTOR

what the hell, Ezra is supposed to be ~5 inches TALLER than Leia.

And they managed to make her even more of a ***** than in ANH, which considering she's 15 makes sense.

they're hammerhead class cruisers no bones about it, differant model though given their engine assemblies are differnt, still waaaaay too close to be a coincidance.

Much like the episodes with the Jedi Younglings and building their lightsabers in TCW, when they're on a larger version of the Defender Corvette Knights and Consulars get.

They really do love drawing designs from this game.

Season 2 returns on the 20th.

Preview for the next episode:

Leia is in it and those look like ships in KOTOR/ SWTOR

Well, this is building up nicely, even tho it's nice to see the swtor connection in the ships, which indicates that the writers and developers of SW:Rebels have their ears to these forums as well, I think the second teaser promise more . . .

The starter of season 2, Siege of Lothal, was really good, even the best yet maybe, and some episodes with Rex and Ahsoka hit a tone that were nice, but there were some that felt like fillers only. Though character in depth episode might serve there purpose I most often feel that they follow a too strict concept and the depth that should be offered often is rather shallow.

The 2d teaser tho seem to be suggesting that we will see what we really want and answer the questions we really want answered. Rebels I feel still doesn't have found the solid ground to create its own platform of story building. What have been successful so far is the obvious nods to, and participation of, TCW characters and the Anakin/Vader - Ahsoka story line is most interesting, for me, its kinda my viewing focus atm, as well as to what answers Rebels can give to the status and state of the Galaxy in TFA.

There seem to be a more focus on the Force, the growth of Ezra, in the coming part of Season 2 which look promising . . .

Edited by t-darko

Well, this is building up nicely, even tho it's nice to see the swtor connection in the ships, which indicates that the writers and developers of SW:Rebels have their ears to these forums as well, I think the second teaser promise more . . .

Looks like TFA influence is in too... "cross-guard" 'saber that looks more stable and actually complete.

Looks like TFA influence is in too... "cross-guard" 'saber that looks more stable and actually complete.

To think I didn't noticed that!!! As the third inquisitor!!!

The "Old Master" character certainly raises some interesting questions?! "This figure was obviously meant to stir the imaginations of fans, but if you peer deeply into those shadows you can see some markings on the face of “Old Master” that clearly reveal his identity."

Who?!

As the places shown in the trailer and the appearance of the Temple Guards!! Ezra being tempted by the Dark side is a given! But, really, whats up with the green crossguard!?

The major question though is the one of the last Jedi!? In TFA it's rather clear that Luke indeed is the last of his kind, even though the knowledge of the Force and the Jedis seem to exist in seemingly non Jedi characters. Will, Kaanan, Ezra and Ahsoka be apart of the Jedi order Luke tries and fail to rebuild!?

The Fate of Ahsoka!? Some might claim that Filoni won't kill of his darlings or will they really die of old age?

Who exactly is that deep voice warning about Ezra being drawn to the Dark Side?

Edited by t-darko

To think I didn't noticed that!!! As the third inquisitor!!!

The "Old Master" character certainly raises some interesting questions?! Who?!

It's Old Maul.

The facial markings and the one visible eye are all Maul.

Which implies (at this stage anyway) that whatever he's doing there is probably something to do with papa-Palpatine.