Dot duration length change....

DanaMarschz

How does this make things better? I feel like this will not only take away dps, but make an already fairly difficult rotation more difficult. Can someone please explain?

It doesn't.

Its purpose is to rewind time repeatedly until we hit 2.9 watchman with Force Melt being a force leap replacement

maybe

Wait, nvm this is how i'm playing it now anyway. Good maths to you devs. I will happily accept the additional damage though. If you want to make things easier add it to merciless slash. If you want to make it difficult add it to regular slash. Edited by DanaMarschz

Nvm again I was thinking about GCDs. I'm back to not liking this. Does this mean that instead of two groups of three six second blocks we'll have six groups of five three second blocks? I'm no theory crafter. Let me know if I'm wrong. Edited by DanaMarschz

It doesn't.

Its purpose is to rewind time repeatedly until we hit 2.9 watchman with Force Melt being a force leap replacement

maybe

I'd rather just see force melt replace cauterize like other abilities currently do in 3.0. Make force melt 6s with increased damage. Boom we have pre 3.0 rotation back.

I'd rather just see force melt replace cauterize like other abilities currently do in 3.0. Make force melt 6s with increased damage. Boom we have pre 3.0 rotation back.

It seems redundant to have a replacement ability for an ability that is already in the tree. Personally I would also like to keep both the Cauterize and Force Melt animations.

It seems redundant to have a replacement ability for an ability that is already in the tree. Personally I would also like to keep both the Cauterize and Force Melt animations.

You mean like how redundant other abilities replaced an ability to serve the same function in the name of saying "hey look we gave you new abilities!"

At this point I don't care. I just want watchman to actually function again and not have the clunky mess that we have right now. It was a melee spec that had dots mixed in. Them trying to turn it into pure dot management was dumb. The way the spec played prior to 3.0 was perfect and they ****ed it up when there was no reason to change it.

At this point I don't care. I just want watchman to actually function again and not have the clunky mess that we have right now. It was a melee spec that had dots mixed in. Them trying to turn it into pure dot management was dumb. The way the spec played prior to 3.0 was perfect and they ****ed it up when there was no reason to change it.

While I wouldn't use your exact words ;-) I tend to agree with what you are saying.

Though I don't think it's a case of "no reason". It's just that the reason they had in mind for doing so was/is absolutely not worth the problems it created...

While I wouldn't use your exact words ;-) I tend to agree with what you are saying.

Though I don't think it's a case of "no reason". It's just that the reason they had in mind for doing so was/is absolutely not worth the problems it created...

I'd probably be less pissed if they listened to us during the closed testing prior to 3.0 launch. Why have us test this stuff and then completely ignore us? Every single sentinel in the beta said this was terrible and not a single person in the thread liked the changes, not one. Why they continued with it is beyond me. Now that they see practically everyone dropped the class and are trying to fix things. Doing it poorly but at least its some effort I guess.