Marauders are saved finally! (Sortof)

Kaos_KidSWTOR

Ok, so. After doing some thinking. I've come to the conclusion that Marauders will now be VERY good in PvP now. Not quite Pre-nerf Lightning Sorc tier, but close to it...

Here's my theoretical concept for the "ideal" marauder for PvP.

Fury Spec

Skillful Utilities: Defensive Forms, Maiming Reach, Inexorable

Masterful Utilities: Phantom, Interceptor OR Displacement (Depending on if you want more control, or more Anti-control)

Heroic Utilities: Expunging Camoflage, New Undying

Why forsake the extra speed from the new Predation Changes? Because, with the new Undying, you can forego the need for Predation and instead utilize Phantom and Expunging Camo without any downsides. You can tank hits with Undying Rage at 6s duration on 2m 30s CD, and when you need to get out of a huge fight, just force camo. If you take Displacement, you can use CoP for anti-stun measures and the new Force Crush buff makes you the ideal CC counter class.

You could also theoretically try a Predation Carnage build with the new Relentless and Unbound, with Displacement and Subjugation and the same Skillful Utilities for some Anti-Ranged/Melee damage with huge mobility, though you can't Double Predation with the new Relentless, which I hope will be added. (Double Predation is awesome.)

Just some theory crafting here. Annihilation is still not useful without Berserk, and is still NOT fixed.

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

They get immunity on force charge, which is immediately before force crush in an opener. Additionally, they can use it a lot more due to the warmonger utility that everyone with a brain takes.

You're trading 2secs of CC immunity for a massive defensive arsenal.

OH damage does crap currently. You start fixing Marauder/Sentinel increase the OH damage to equal MH damage

Splitting damage between equal hits removes how easy for the player to tell gauge how much damage they have done, while personally I would much rather see a 10k Hit than two 5k Hits. I kind of like losing the offhand for that reason, it makes it easier to tell what damage you have done.

OH damage does crap currently. You start fixing Marauder/Sentinel increase the OH damage to equal MH damage

Are you serious? You realize how absurdly overpowered that would be right?

Marauder's mainhand damage is no different than any other single wielding class (barring class specific talents for specific abilities) however marauders get offhand damage as a bonus on top of their mainhand damage.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Are you serious? You realize how absurdly overpowered that would be right?

Marauder's mainhand damage is no different than any other single wielding class (barring class specific talents for specific abilities) however marauders get offhand damage as a bonus on top of their mainhand damage.

Ah nope, its the same for generators, focuses and such. The only difference is style :-P

Ah nope, its the same for generators, focuses and such. The only difference is style :-P

False again. Generators and Focus only give Tech and Force power respectively, which only effects tech and force attacks. Offhands give both offhand damage and give the same amount of Force power.

You do realize marauders have offhand damage right?

Juggernauts get a guaranteed damage increase through through Single Saber Mastery. Marauders get the possibility of an increase through the offhand strike.

Mathematically they're the same on average. But that only works out when you're looking at chances over time. The off hand missing is bad for burst.

Edited by DuckimusPrime