He speaks the truth - youtube

LydMekk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please prove this statement.

other wise your just hyperbolizing your own BS...

Check the server population right now. ALL but one are light. 2-3 months, most (apart from the US servers) would be Standard. I don't need to prove anything - everyone in the game can see populations getting smaller. If you can't see it, you must be blind or all alone in your stronghold.

Ok, so lets just pretend everything in the game is perfect - opposite to what he is saying. What other reason can you conjure up in the rapid decline of player numbers?

OK, so let's pretend everything you say is true. So what? Doesn't alter the fact that if a player is not having fun, the best solution is to take a break. If a player is going to lament how awful the game is, yet still pay for it, why should they bother "fixing" it in ways he suggests?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Check the server population right now. ALL but one are light. 2-3 months, most (apart from the US servers) would be Standard. I don't need to prove anything - everyone in the game can see populations getting smaller. If you can't see it, you must be blind or all alone in your stronghold.

Nope at this time in morning always was light... unless your trying to say that pop levels during x-mass break right after a new expansion is somehow the norm.

So no you have not proved anything... you have a opinion that you can't back up with any hard figures...

The fact you can't prove it with any real number shows your just being a hyperbole troll.

Edited by Happy_Puppy

All those saying 'unsub if you are not having fun' are nothing short of selfish or stupid, or both. Why? You are missing his point.

Hundreds ARE leaving - thats his point. And Bioware are doing nothing to stop the dramatic decline.

3.0 wasn't tested, pushed out broken. No class balance, LOL Bolster broken, LOLowSlash, Ship components counting in PvP stats - and the game breaking SoR final battle being broken for 2 months - the list goes on with stupid game breaking bugs.

People like SWTOR and have hung on for so long but clearly Bioware are happy just to leave things be. The fact they have hardly said 2 words this week paints the picture - they have given up, so should you.

Please explain to me how it is selfish to encourage people to find something they enjoy if they're no longer enjoying this game. Selfishness would be if I had said something along the lines of "shut up and play, I like it the way it is." If you'll notice, words to that effect never appear in my post.

Of course I'm missing the video's point. I wasn't kidding when I said I stopped watching 15 seconds in. He lost all credibility when he said it was time to quit, yet still included his referral link. Even if that was a simple oversight on his behalf, it destroys his credibility in my mind, and the way I look at it, every word out of his mouth after that is dubious at best.

"Is it time to give up on SWTOR?"

Apparently not, considering EA just shut down all their other F2P games but not this one.

Please give it a few months before you go back to acting like this game is doomed, guy.

"Is it time to give up on SWTOR?"

Apparently not, considering EA just shut down all their other F2P games but not this one.

Please give it a few months before you go back to acting like this game is doomed, guy.

EA can't shut this down even if they wanted to. They have this game under licence agreement, so they must see out the distance, which I believe ends next year or 2017 or pay Disney a huge bailout fee, which wouldnt have looked appealing to Disney prior to signing away certain SW games to them.

Edited by GrimRita

Nope at this time in morning always was light... unless your trying to say that pop levels during x-mass break right after a new expansion is somehow the norm.

So no you have not proved anything... you have a opinion that you can't back up with any hard figures...

The fact you can't prove it with any real number shows your just being a hyperbole troll.

You're wasting your breath asking Rita to prove anything. She/He always makes BS claims and is never able to prove those claims when called on them.

All those saying 'unsub if you are not having fun' are nothing short of selfish or stupid, or both. Why? You are missing his point.

Hundreds ARE leaving - thats his point. And Bioware are doing nothing to stop the dramatic decline.

Agreed! But it's a lesson they'll learn soon enough at the rate we're currently going.

You think this game is somehow immune from closure?! LOL!

That isn't what I said, TUX.

Try again.

So where are you guys getting your numbers @ 'hundreds are leaving'?

Edited by Djiini

That isn't what I said, TUX.

Try again.

So where are you guys getting your numbers @ 'hundreds are leaving'?

Since Bioware doesn't publish or announce numbers any longer, I'm guessing that comes from observations...and an educated guess. It may be wrong, may be right...but it sounds like a number I'd agree with. Do you disagree with that guesstimate? If so, more or less...take your best guess?!

Not sure how it's stupid. Why would continue to waste money on something you don't like? There are plenty of fish in the sea. There are games fresh out there that you would get better value for your money.

It would be selfish of me to insist people to endure displeasure in order to populate my game.

I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. I don't expect anything to change that would satisfy the discontent. Even if they doubled the content, I doubt it would be enough to satisfy anyone because doubling the content still adds barely nothing that most MMO players won't steamroll through.

The closest to 'pvp' content is class balancing, which clearly alot of people are still not satisfied with. I'm not expecting much of anything for pvp content between a dwindling pvp player base and the coming of BF3 in december, which will surely cannabalize what remains.

/grimrant

Edited by Nickious

:eek:

EA can't shut this down even if they wanted to. They have this game under licence agreement, so they must see out the distance, which I believe ends next year or 2017 or pay Disney a huge bailout fee, which wouldnt have looked appealing to Disney prior to signing away certain SW games to them.

2 years? :rolleyes: Try 10. It's already been extended to include all Star Wars titles published by EA. This was all over the boards last year

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/ea-acquires-star-wars-game-license

Let's try to keep up shall we? ;)

2 years? :rolleyes: Try 10. It's already been extended to include all Star Wars titles published by EA. This was all over the boards last year

That doesn't mean they have to keep this game running for 10 years, though, or does it? Sounded to me like it specifically stated future game development license and nothing specific to swtor itself.

Rita is way behind the rest of us. She spouts off BS she can't prove and gives out information that is totally bogus like EA's contract for SW only lasting 2 years when they signed for 10.

That doesn't mean they have to keep this game running for 10 years, though, or does it? Sounded to me like it specifically stated future game development license and nothing specific to swtor itself.

So long as TOR keeps making them money (which it still does) they will keep it running.

Edited by Anaesha

So long as TOR keeps making them money (which it still does) they will keep it running.

Well, sure, but the context of that was that they had to either keep it running or pay a bailout fee for another year or two. So anyways, EA has the license to produce SW games for 10 years, that doesn't mean they signed an agreement to keep this game running 10 years, so if they wanted to shut the doors on it, it seems they can.

It doesn't mean that it has to keep running for 10 years. It will run as long as it makes money, and EA deems fit to keep it operating. What it DOES mean, opposed to what the other poster said, is that it won't be closed because it lost the LICENSE. EA owning the 10 year deal means that they can continue to develop and publish games under the Star Wars Brand name. That includes all current and future titles. So, TOR can't be closed due to "losing the license", as the publisher that owns BW, who is EA has the license for the next 10 years. Also, let's not forget, Disney isn't going to diddly squat about the development of this game. Period. Disney's interest is in the prime universe, which is canon movies and other media. They extended the license to EA, to develop and publish games, because they have a proven track record of making money.

Make no mistake, Disney is about making money, and they don't care how. Anyone who thinks they aren't selling out our children on dumbed down tv shows to sell merchandise is off their rocker. They wanted to cross market video games, and they wanted a proven commodity to do it. Hence the exclusive deal. Also, Disney isn't going to do anything about this IP because, technically, Bioware owns the IP. Reven and KoToR is a creation of the Bioware studio, and it doesn't interfere with what Disney will be doing with the movies and other merchandise. As long as they get their licensing fees, they're happy.

It doesn't mean that it has to keep running for 10 years. It will run as long as it makes money, and EA deems fit to keep it operating. What it DOES mean, opposed to what the other poster said, is that it won't be closed because it lost the LICENSE. EA owning the 10 year deal means that they can continue to develop and publish games under the Star Wars Brand name. That includes all current and future titles. So, TOR can't be closed due to "losing the license", as the publisher that owns BW, who is EA has the license for the next 10 years. Also, let's not forget, Disney isn't going to diddly squat about the development of this game. Period. Disney's interest is in the prime universe, which is canon movies and other media. They extended the license to EA, to develop and publish games, because they have a proven track record of making money.

Make no mistake, Disney is about making money, and they don't care how. Anyone who thinks they aren't selling out our children on dumbed down tv shows to sell merchandise is off their rocker. They wanted to cross market video games, and they wanted a proven commodity to do it. Hence the exclusive deal. Also, Disney isn't going to do anything about this IP because, technically, Bioware owns the IP. Reven and KoToR is a creation of the Bioware studio, and it doesn't interfere with what Disney will be doing with the movies and other merchandise. As long as they get their licensing fees, they're happy.

But he (the person you quoted) didn't say that. He said they can't close it, even if they wanted to without paying a huge bailout fee. Im not seeing where he's saying what you say he is. I guess that's where the confusion is.

But he (the person you quoted) didn't say that. He said they can't close it, even if they wanted to without paying a huge bailout fee. Im not seeing where he's saying what you say he is. I guess that's where the confusion is.

A licensing agreement in no way indicates how long a game must stay open. A licensing agreement only dictates what can and can't be published under the IP's name, nothing else. Disney gets licensing fees, and probably some type of dividends or royalties for the game being allowed to have the Star Wars name on it. As far as whether the game HAS to stay open or not, is up to the publisher. The end of the licensing agreement would mean, that EA would no longer be able to officially put the Star Wars name on the title of this, and by virtue would have to close down since they'd be infringing on the IP illegally since they have Jedi, Sith, BHs, and all things existing in the Star Wars universe. The first licensing agreement was probably with LA, which if there WAS a bailout fee, would have to be extended to them. Otherwise, they could be sued if they continued to make a game with the Star Wars name on it without a license.

A licensing agreement in no way indicates how long a game must stay open. A licensing agreement only dictates what can and can't be published under the IP's name, nothing else. Disney gets licensing fees, and probably some type of dividends or royalties for the game being allowed to have the Star Wars name on it. As far as whether the game HAS to stay open or not, is up to the publisher. The end of the licensing agreement would mean, that EA would no longer be able to officially put the Star Wars name on the title of this, and by virtue would have to close down since they'd be infringing on the IP illegally since they have Jedi, Sith, BHs, and all things existing in the Star Wars universe. The first licensing agreement was probably with LA, which if there WAS a bailout fee, would have to be extended to them. Otherwise, they could be sued if they continued to make a game with the Star Wars name on it without a license.

^This.

The long and short of it is Rita hasn't a clue what She/He is talking about regarding a license agreement.