Huttball: Disable roll & force jump for the ball carriers

RaithHarth

Overrides is not gonna get u over the fire/acid while roll goes right through them, how is Overrides a bigger issue?

I've seem them get through with overrides so that point is moot. But none of them are an issue this thread is daft. Some people just want everything disabled to make it easier for them. This game is easy enough as it is.

Scrapper/concealment scouperative takes zero damage, thanks to the spec talent to resist all damage during the GCD of a roll.

That's actually not why, because it's baseline for snipers to have full immunity during roll as well, learn class abilities before you post pls? The real reason is positioning before rolling, too far out you take damage but if you stand right on the edge, and roll on both classes, you won't take damage. It's weird but the reason why most snipers take damage is because they have the 4m extra and they think they don't need to be right ontop of it

Overrides is not gonna get u over the fire/acid while roll goes right through them, how is Overrides a bigger issue?

But you have 10 seconds at 175% speed where you can't be pulled, knocked back, slowed, or rooted. Meanwhile Operatives are prone to all these things, so rolling through traps is the only advantage they have.

Why not just, you know, pull them back right into the trap after they rolled? Because that has happened to me many times.

Remember unlimited roll prior to 2.7 I think it was. That was probably OP in Huttball lol. Not really sure if this is a serious thread or not, considering sins can get 12 sec stun immunity and 5 sec of shroud plus root breaker with force speed. Also they did change it so dcd's no longer work in the fire and acid traps in Huttball for level 55+ I believe, so thats why some of you may still be experiencing damage when before you didnt.

Teams that get beat soundly by leapers and rollers would still lose if their opponents weren't doing those things.

Quit complaining and waiting for someone else to stop the rollers. Quit standing in useful places for leapers.

But 7/10 for making me reply OP, when you can lolscore just as easily as a sin.

Edited by Joesixxpack

But you have 10 seconds at 175% speed where you can't be pulled, knocked back, slowed, or rooted. Meanwhile Operatives are prone to all these things, so rolling through traps is the only advantage they have.

Why not just, you know, pull them back right into the trap after they rolled? Because that has happened to me many times.

you know u can stun/mezz during HO right?

If you disable movement abilites make it where the player holding the ball takes reduced damage, increase dodge chance or something to offset the obvious weakness without it. Make me a tank while holding the ball but make me slow.

If you disable movement abilites make it where the player holding the ball takes reduced damage, increase dodge chance or something to offset the obvious weakness without it. Make me a tank while holding the ball but make me slow.
and what about tanks? it is bothersome enough when a team has a tank ballcarrier that is guarded by a 2nd tank or skank and have 1 or multiple healers, it`s already a brick wall esp in regs where it almost a sure 6-0 loss with too many bads on the other side and even in ranked who managed to get the ball 1st was more then likely to score. Though personally I like to aoe mezz/stun healer(s) if a sage/sorc is involved and pull/knock the carrier in the fire/acid. Edited by iDraxter

I love that you are talking about phase walk while ignoring force speed, but that is different right?

force speed only lasts only two seconds and it doesn't travel as far as roll or force jump/leap

Edited by RaithHarth

Scrapper/concealment scouperative takes zero damage, thanks to the spec talent to resist all damage during the GCD of a roll.

This is actually not true, despite the 100% immunity, I will often get hit with a good 30-40% of my HP from the fire pit.

It's really weird though, as sometimes I'll roll through and take 0 damage, and other times I'll roll through and take 1-2 ticks. And yes, I'm rolling from before the pit starts, so it's not like I'm stepping into it first.

In Queshball, it's like a 50/50 chance that I'll get hit with acid or not. Additionally, the Queshball acid pits also apply the "hindered" debuff (although I though Musco confirmed that they weren't supposed to do that?), so if you get stuck halfway through, you're probably dead. You can't roll through the bottom one, but you can just barely roll through the one near the endzone.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

This is actually not true, despite the 100% immunity, I will often get hit with a good 30-40% of my HP from the fire pit.

It's really weird though, as sometimes I'll roll through and take 0 damage, and other times I'll roll through and take 1-2 ticks. And yes, I'm rolling from before the pit starts, so it's not like I'm stepping into it first.

In Queshball, it's like a 50/50 chance that I'll get hit with acid or not. Additionally, the Queshball acid pits also apply the "hindered" debuff (although I though Musco confirmed that they weren't supposed to do that?), so if you get stuck halfway through, you're probably dead. You can't roll through the bottom one, but you can just barely roll through the one near the endzone.

The acid pits are so broken and inconsistent they aren't worth bringing up until they are either fixed or BW confirms they function that way by design.

force speed only lasts only two seconds and it doesn't travel as far as roll or force jump/leap

If a sorc runs away with force speed in a straight line I have to use both of my rolls to get to the same spot. Basically, force speed goes twice the distance of a roll.

and what about tanks? it is bothersome enough when a team has a tank ballcarrier that is guarded by a 2nd tank or skank and have 1 or multiple healers, it`s already a brick wall esp in regs where it almost a sure 6-0 loss with too many bads on the other side and even in ranked who managed to get the ball 1st was more then likely to score. Though personally I like to aoe mezz/stun healer(s) if a sage/sorc is involved and pull/knock the carrier in the fire/acid.

All I have to say about this, is that if half the opposing team wants to follow and support their tank ballhandler, I say let them go for it. All you need is 2 - 3 people to continue to harass the ballhandler while everyone else stays in mid. If 2/3 of your team in mid can't get the ball back after the score, then the group truly is bad and is going to lose regardless.

Edited by ForceWelder