Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Collections

tjmck

You've spent real world cash to buy cartel coins to buy armour/weapons etc for your toons, so why should we have to spend more rw cash to buy cartel coins to unlock what you've already purchased for other members of your legacy to use. My suggestion is do away with the need to unlock the items you've already paid for once so your other toons on your legacy can use them also.

You've spent real world cash to buy cartel coins to buy armour/weapons etc for your toons, so why should we have to spend more rw cash to buy cartel coins to unlock what you've already purchased for other members of your legacy to use. My suggestion is do away with the need to unlock the items you've already paid for once so your other toons on your legacy can use them also.

You're free to buy additional copies off the GTN for each character if you find that easier. Given that our sub fees include at least 500 CC per month, the collections unlocks costs are hardly an issue.

Some games make you pay the fee all up front and everything comes legacy unlocked, but SWTOR does it better and gives you the options of not paying legacy unlock prices and choosing the lesser price per character. I appreciate having the option not to have to pay for what I don't want, and can chose to only buy the item per character when that's all I want it for, and also having the option to pay the full price for an unlock if I want it on everyone. That's great, options are good, don't tell them to take away our options.

sure, how would you feel if there were no collections and that 1500CC item that instead costs 450CC for every additional char instead cost 1500cc or all of them. I suppose they could drop the price and just leave it at around 600cc for everyone raise the cost on additional copies, but reduce the initial price. But instead you would rather have it at one price (which you probably think is too high anyway) and then free on everything else.

as an aside. You can buy the items off the GTN for FREE and thus only unlock for CC or buy off GTN for FREE for every account and not spend a dime.

Its called options.

I wish they just down the prices for Collection Unlocks. 800cc to unlock somekind of mount is just ridiculous. It must have a cost, yes. But not the overpriced they set.

Make prices by type of stuffs. Like.. 25cc(min) to 250cc (max) for mounts. OR 30cc(min) to 300cc(max) to armors, depending only on the rarity of the item...

I think this would help all.

I wish they just down the prices for Collection Unlocks. 800cc to unlock somekind of mount is just ridiculous. It must have a cost, yes. But not the overpriced they set.

Make prices by type of stuffs. Like.. 25cc(min) to 250cc (max) for mounts. OR 30cc(min) to 300cc(max) to armors, depending only on the rarity of the item...

I think this would help all.

thats the problem, they are set on rarity of the item. Super rare items have a higher than average cost of unlocks compared to rare or common items. It is roughly about 1/3 the cost of equivalent full purchase.

for example an armor set that sells for 1000cc will probably have about a 250-350cc unlock; that 1800CC regen item, 600 CC unlock.

The more toons you have the cheaper per toon it becomes overall as it approaches just the unlock price.

You are buying one item for one character, not an item for every character. The additional cost is to allow you to create infinite copies of that item for every character on your account.

Yea, free for every alt is way excessive. Especially considering CM is how they make a lot of their money.

I think having to pay (less) CC to unlock something for your whole legacy is more than generous on BW's part.

and as stated, more alts, reduces the cost per character.

Hell, I wish we could get GSF stuff to have a legacy unlock cost, the colors/paint schemes etc. obviously, nothing requisition bought. (unless that already exists and I'm blind)

Edited by EyesOfRed

If it's overpriced, don't buy it. "Problem" solved. Ain't no law says you have to have any certain speeder available to all characters. It's a cosmetic item (as compared to cheaper-to-unlock speeder).

If it's overpriced, don't buy it. "Problem" solved. Ain't no law says you have to have any certain speeder available to all characters. It's a cosmetic item (as compared to cheaper-to-unlock speeder).

Not a surprise you're here defending BW politics and ignoring good ideas by the community. You must be an employee of them:rak_05:

It's easier a thunderbolt falls in my head than you agreeing with Community's ideas and suggestions.. hahahaha what rough HM.

Not a surprise you're here defending BW politics and ignoring good ideas by the community. You must be an employee of them:rak_05:

It's easier a thunderbolt falls in my head than you agreeing with Community's ideas and suggestions.. hahahaha what rough HM.

The point of the collections system is to facilitate some QoL improvements to the player at an associated CC cost, not as an automatic means to provide every collections-based item to all of your characters. This has been addressed many times over in countless request threads.

Use the search function to see if this has been requested in the past, and if it has enough support, revive interest. Nobody is going to get far with a request meant to diminish the cash value of the cartel market.

Many (if not most) of the community's suggestions are along the lines of "I want this... give it to me nao!" rather than a reasoned idea that takes into account prospective costs, benefits and probable ease of implementation, among other issues.

Telling someone that their superamazing idea (that a gazillion other players have already had) is a pipe dream unlikely to ever see the light of day -- because the benefit is questionable or negligible, the cost of development/implementation is prohibitive, or numerous other reasons (including legal or philosophical issues) -- isn't being a rabid BW fanboi or employee; it's simply reality.

Some people cannot handle reality.

You've spent real world cash to buy cartel coins to buy armour/weapons etc for your toons, so why should we have to spend more rw cash to buy cartel coins to unlock what you've already purchased for other members of your legacy to use.

That's like saying:

Man I bought this cool Corvette for myself, why no free ones for the rest of my friends and family?? What do you mean I have to buy all those individually? THAT'S BS!!!!!!

Many (if not most) of the community's suggestions are along the lines of "I want this... give it to me nao!" rather than a reasoned idea that takes into account prospective costs, benefits and probable ease of implementation, among other issues.

Telling someone that their superamazing idea (that a gazillion other players have already had) is a pipe dream unlikely to ever see the light of day -- because the benefit is questionable or negligible, the cost of development/implementation is prohibitive, or numerous other reasons (including legal or philosophical issues) -- isn't being a rabid BW fanboi or employee; it's simply reality.

Some people cannot handle reality.

The problem is: almost 99% of ideas and suggestions are called as absurds or "QQers" or else. That's the big deal man. No one take it seriously. People prefer to see the restrictions, the difficulties and all hard work over some nicely ideas rather than trying to improve it or adjusting.

IMO, if is there a lot of same ideas it means that it's not an absurd at all. Must be recognized.

The problem is: almost 99% of ideas and suggestions are called as absurds or "QQers" or else. That's the big deal man. No one take it seriously. People prefer to see the restrictions, the difficulties and all hard work over some nicely ideas rather than trying to improve it or adjusting.

IMO, if is there a lot of same ideas it means that it's not an absurd at all. Must be recognized.

That's because probably 95% of the ideas are actually absurd or general QQ about something or other.

Edited by sloasdaylight

sure every idea that asks for something for free gets LOTS of support, who doesn't want more for FREE! The other half of the ideas are "fix it NOW" type ideas, sure who doesn't want the game fixed.

in general its give me stuff now, and for free!!! I think most people would agree I want more and don't want to pay for it. Doesn't mean they should be listened to.

Hard to vote against Santa clause.

Do you really think the devs are going to gloss over the restrictions, the difficulties and the hard work? Hint: They're not.

BW is a business. If something is too difficult to implement, would cost too much, would lose them money or slow development on everything else they're working on to a crawl -- they're pretty unlikely to decide it's a good idea, unless it's something that's absolutely critical to the game's health. Most suggestions are not.

Argumentum ad populum. It's widely recognized as a logical fallacy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.