The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop forcing people to waste time ...

Thiil

collecting datacrons, sending credits to #23 alt etc.

Need!

- Legacy Credit Storage

- Purchaseable "Datacron pack", which gives you all the planetary (at least) datacrons. With 7 chars it's really a pain after char 5 to go get them :/

- Webintegrated companion missions?

To send companions from phone, work etc.

- Option to have friendlist/ignorelist accountbound. (can surely bind it to account, no?)

More usefull stuff in Cartel Market please.

A legacy unlock of global "bank account" that would just "fuse" all the credits from your entire legacy and display it in the inventory of every single character would be great.

and only likely to ever be a subscriber perk since doing so would complicate the f2p and preferred credit caps.

Tbh they should really do away with the whole credit cap thing or atleast do what WoW's doing now using WoW tokens as an online purchase for those that want legit in game credits for in game time. IE: Someone buys WoW token for 20$, then sells for 20-30k gold in game. I think a good way to keep subscribers is to get more creds out of game and do the same thing like maby 5-10m per month token and costs 15$ for those that want to spend real $ for in game credits.

I would imagine that the only real reason they haven't given us Legacy credit storage is because the current system isn't set up to handle such a thing and to make a new one they'd have to not only have a way to restrict access to it for non-subs but also implement safeguards that keep you from bankrupting yourself when you drop to preferred with all your cash locked away in your Legacy storage where you can't get to it.

Buying datacrons?

No.

Paying money for permanent stat boosts ventures into Pay2Win territory.

I'd be fine for having a "Legacy Codex" but not the stat boosts.

I'd love to be able to access companions outside the game, but let's be honest... the game didn't launch with the framework to do it and it's unlikely they'll ever have the manpower to devote to creating it.

I doubt most people would be willing to forego an entire update cycle just to get web accessible companion missions.

Friends and Ignore lists should definitely be Legacy-wide.

If I'm ignoring Bob on one character, I'd probably like to ignore him on all my characters.

The same is true of my friends list... if Bob's my friend on one character, I'd probably like him to be my friend on all my characters.

Not really sure what sort of "useful" stuff you're looking for on the Cartel Market.

By its very nature, it's all cosmetic.

Except for unlocks (and I believe everything that can be unlocked is already there for purchase), almost everything else is just for looks.

Oh, and Treek.

Edited by Rankyn

Tbh they should really do away with the whole credit cap thing or atleast do what WoW's doing now using WoW tokens as an online purchase for those that want legit in game credits for in game time. IE: Someone buys WoW token for 20$, then sells for 20-30k gold in game. I think a good way to keep subscribers is to get more creds out of game and do the same thing like maby 5-10m per month token and costs 15$ for those that want to spend real $ for in game credits.

Then how about letting people buy Cartel Coins with credits?

That would definitely get alot of creds out of game too, so it would help the economy more, they could probably add a Sub token to the CM as well

NO NO NO NO and NO

the point is to MAKE money, not give everything away for FREE! They already give out free CC for subs so you want them to not only give you free CC, but then allow you to buy CC with credits AND THEN buy a subscription with the free stuff you were given. No! It has been suggested and should NEVER happen.

you don't want to pay for the game, fine, I can understand that. But you don't get the benefits of a subscription without paying for a subscription. How do you expect to keep the lights on, when you give away free subs AND free coins?

Why exactly would people pay for this game if everything were free?

NO NO NO NO and NO

the point is to MAKE money, not give everything away for FREE! They already give out free CC for subs so you want them to not only give you free CC, but then allow you to buy CC with credits AND THEN buy a subscription with the free stuff you were given. No! It has been suggested and should NEVER happen.

you don't want to pay for the game, fine, I can understand that. But you don't get the benefits of a subscription without paying for a subscription. How do you expect to keep the lights on, when you give away free subs AND free coins?

Why exactly would people pay for this game if everything were free?

How do you expect to keep the lights on with the content it has for F2p atm as well. People leave every day because of the main thing credit cap. That is the worst possible solution any MMO has ever come up with, it drives people away every day.

Also my example was WoW tokens Blizzard still gets money from those that buy them with real $, and want to turn profit in game for in game gold instead, so EA will still be making tons of money and having more people come back to decrease wait times in ques, more people on fleet, etc.

Edited by Theeko

Need!

- Legacy Credit Storage

- Purchaseable "Datacron pack", which gives you all the planetary (at least) datacrons. With 7 chars it's really a pain after char 5 to go get them :/

- Option to have friendlist/ignorelist accountbound. (can surely bind it to account, no?)

A legacy unlock of global "bank account" that would just "fuse" all the credits from your entire legacy and display it in the inventory of every single character would be great.

and only likely to ever be a subscriber perk since doing so would complicate the f2p and preferred credit caps.

Agree 100% with the first 2 posts and the 3rd is the best option for implementing legacy wide credit bank... unless the F2P model is changed. The current F2P system leaves a lot to be desired, but the limitation on credits is one of the few aspects that I agree with completely. We already have to many credit spammers, just think of how many more we would have if they could have 2 toons and unlimited credits...]

Prefered, should be split into tiers

• Tier 1 - Never subbed, but bought Cartel Coins
  • Tier 2 - subbed for 3 months or less
  • Tier 3 - subbed for 3 to 6 months
  • Tier 4 - subbed for 6 months to 1 year
  • Tier 5 - subbed for a year or more

Then scale the benefits accordingly where tier 5 has almost all the Subscriber benefits except Unlimited WZ's, Unlimited Ops, unlimited GTN sales and unlimited credits.

This way Prefered players only need Ops passes and WZ passes (keeping them purchasing cartel coins). Allow Prefered 5 players to have up to 1.5 million credits and 8 toons (equaling 1 per main class or all advanced classes in one faction).

Just an idea, not a great one, but a decent "starting off" point.

How do you expect to keep the lights on with the content it has for F2p atm as well. People leave every day because of the main thing credit cap. That is the worst possible solution any MMO has ever come up with, it drives people away every day.

Also my example was WoW tokens Blizzard still gets money from those that buy them with real $, and want to turn profit in game for in game gold instead, so EA will still be making tons of money and having more people come back to decrease wait times in ques, more people on fleet, etc.

IF a F2P doesn't like the credit cap they can do 2 things 1) sub 2) ****! F2P are NOT keeping the lights one. if every person in the world opened an account and was playing as a f2p the game would still shut down. Hence the term FREE!!! as in paying nothing, freeloading, glorified tutorial!

Now if they spent $5 they would go preferred and get slightly more benefits, but if you can spend $5 you can probably muster the $15 just as easily if you think hard. If they enjoy the game and want to play it but can't get past the $15, tuff cookies. $15 is not a lot of money these days and if it is, playing games and MMO's are probably not for you.

Need!

- Legacy Credit Storage

Or you could have posted the bit about "legacy datacrons" into the thread that already exists - just start your post with "I'm lazy and really cannot be bothered to do them again....." and we'll know which side of the argument you are on.

Oh, BTW - nobody is forcing you to get datacrons, read the correct thread and you'll see this.

Or you could have posted the bit about "legacy datacrons" into the thread that already exists - just start your post with "I'm lazy and really cannot be bothered to do them again....." and we'll know which side of the argument you are on.

Oh, BTW - nobody is forcing you to get datacrons, read the correct thread and you'll see this.

If BW gave everyone the stats from Datacrons and then removed them from the game would your face explode from that much entitlement? I'm imagining something like Raiders of the Lost Ark level face melt. :)

Mmmmm that sweet entitlement. Thanks Space Gub'ment for taking our jobs and giving those Welfare Twilek queens so much entitlement.

Edited by FerkWork

If BW gave everyone the stats from Datacrons and then removed them from the game would your face explode from that much entitlement? I'm imagining something like Raiders of the Lost Ark level face melt. :)

I'll tell you whose faces would melt: all the toddlers who "worked' hard" to get all the datacrons.

I'm all for legacy datacrons. I can't be bothered to find them all on every single alt. Though something like that isn't a huge deal to me though but I'd certainly be in favor of it though.

The big one imo is account wide friends list. I hate having to manage my friends list on every single toon. A legacy credit bank would be awesome though. Right now I just send all my credits to one toon so its easier to keep track but its still a pain to log out and log into my "bank" toon to send credits around. Most of the time though I just buy it on my bank toon then mail the item. Its a minor annoyance but an annoyance non the less.

I'll tell you whose faces would melt: all the toddlers who "worked' hard" to get all the datacrons.

And re-enter the Uber troll who's only comments are negativity and insults. Do you ever have anything nice to say or is life so horrible that all you know how to do is be mean to people, call people names and just spit hate all the time? People with this much hate really should go find something that they actually enjoy and stop trying to make others as miserable as they are.

Edited by RiVaN_

And re-enter the Uber troll who's only comments are negativity and insults. Do you ever have anything nice to say or is life so horrible that all you know how to do is be mean to people, call people names and just spit hate all the time? People with this much hate really should go find something that they actually enjoy and stop trying to make others as miserable as they are.

You come across as pretty miserable. Did I successfully Jedi mind-trick you?

The wow tokens system I like because people like me work a lot and don't have time to grind through dailies. Wouldn't mind paying $20 for 30million credits. Plus those who have lots of credits and don't want to go preferred status can keep there subscribers advantage.

The wow tokens system I like because people like me work a lot and don't have time to grind through dailies. Wouldn't mind paying $20 for 30million credits. Plus those who have lots of credits and don't want to go preferred status can keep there subscribers advantage.

Tbh I was thinking more around 5m cause each crate costs what 5400 coins about now? nearly 40$, and for 20$ should be worth 1/2 that and crates only sell for about 5-7m on the Gtn

So the Legacy Credit Bank. <--- Yes please!!!!

Aside from the convenience factor and easily knowing my total accumulation, every time I attach a **** load of credits to an email and send to an Alt my heart rate triples out of fear something will glitch and the email will disappear forever. It can't be healthy. :D

So the Legacy Credit Bank. <--- Yes please!!!!

Aside from the convenience factor and easily knowing my total accumulation, every time I attach a **** load of credits to an email and send to an Alt my heart rate triples out of fear something will glitch and the email will disappear forever. It can't be healthy. :D

Or that you miss type something and it goes to someone who hasn't logged in for 3 years :p