Mercs are crap in pvp.

Dalminius

I've been thinking of a way to help Commando's/Merc's under focus fire, without making them OP or effecting PvE survivability. Here's what I have got so far (names are just placeholders):

• Epinephrine Cell/Epinephrine Infusion- passive trainable at lvl 59 that causes Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload to also hinder targets that deal damage to you while it is active for (X) seconds, preventing the use of high mobility actions and escapes such as charges, vanishes, and speed boosts.

Or

• Commitment/Dedication - passive trainable at lvl 59 that causes Hold the Line/Hydraulic Overrides to hinder targets that deal damage to you while it is active, preventing the use of high mobility actions and escapes such as charges, vanishes, and speed boosts. Lasts (X) seconds. Additionally, while stunned you heal for (2%) of your maximum health every second.

I prefer the Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload version, because it would make Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload more effective as a defensive cool down. The hinder effect is perfect to fit the Commando/Merc theme, considering they are the only ones with Electro Net and it creates a choice for the enemies. Do you keep attacking the mando/merc, possibly preventing the use of your own mobility/escapes, all the while the mando/merc heals? Or do you drop focus on the mando/merc until Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload is over? It is more potent against melee classes, especially when combined with Hold the Line/Hydraulic Overrides, but it also poses a risk for ranged classes who may come under focus and not be able to use their escapes since they attacked the mando/merc.

Thoughts? Opinions? Not a Commando/Merc main here, but I do play all classes and I want to see each class have fun and be viable in all content, without becoming FOTM.

I prefer a different approach. Convert our 4 sec stun into a 4 second close range only AOE stun. Give us a few seconds to break away from the melee or activate some of our other utilities. Wouldn't save us from range, and likely wouldn't do much in PVE. We have our 1 min stun for those cases. But considering most of my focus attacks in 4 v 4 have been against in your face melee, a 4 sec group stun dropped on top of me would do wonders.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i talked to every person at the cantina tonight and was told by someone who shall remain unnamed that he mains a bh and says there will be awesome changes made for us pvp wise and that i would be veryyyyyy veryy happy very soon!!! he was totally happy about it too! plus they all gave me personally note cards to write suggestions on for pvp and they each took them and put them in their wallet or in their files that had with them! they said they just cant saay anything without it being totally finished and finalized or else people would rage if it changed but plenty of good stuff on the way +D

i talked to every person at the cantina tonight and was told by someone who shall remain unnamed that he mains a bh and says there will be awesome changes made for us pvp wise and that i would be veryyyyyy veryy happy very soon!!! he was totally happy about it too! plus they all gave me personally note cards to write suggestions on for pvp and they each took them and put them in their wallet or in their files that had with them! they said they just cant saay anything without it being totally finished and finalized or else people would rage if it changed but plenty of good stuff on the way +D

If you are teasing on this one i will hunt you down and camp you.. well as much as a merc can , lol

Heard it all before, but i hope for the best!

If you are teasing on this one i will hunt you down and camp you.. well as much as a merc can , lol

i promise!! ii wouldnt mess around with info like that cause i love merc so much.. i knew it would be my main before i even got to play the game!!! also i have the pics to prove i was there and was talking with the devs and with eric and even talked to the number one rated merc.... got a pic with him and the worlds first guild to do revan HM...

i promise!! ii wouldnt mess around with info like that cause i love merc so much.. i knew it would be my main before i even got to play the game!!! also i have the pics to prove i was there and was talking with the devs and with eric and even talked to the number one rated merc.... got a pic with him and the worlds first guild to do revan HM...

Yeah...they should've done something when they buffed the classes up 5 levels but nooo its still as crappy as ever.

Just stop dude, PTs are just as squishy as mercs are.

just as squishy but can put out similar damage numbers in half the time which in return makes them seem like they last longer because the person is dead faster. that makes them better than mercs

Edited by thatPERSON

PTs have so many passive mitigations i am not sure i agree they are as squishy.. i can take far more damage on my PT and live longer than my merc. Neither has an aggro drop or anything like that and are similar in that regard, but that AoE freeze is very nice to extend the fights under pressure. If that were baseline for all BH imagine how nice that would be ?

Constructive feedback.... we didn't make the game and you can't tell me these devs don't play merc and understand the problem with them in pvp. FOUR YEARS population of game is sinking like the Titanic and they still can't figure it out......we aren't being paid to make changes the DEVS are, get it done!

They even Nerfed the Visual Effects of Grav and Tracer too cause it appeared "threatening."

What? They changed the animation at the request of the merc community as the previous animation was hideous for a ability that had to be spammed.

Pyro PT is perhaps as squishy as merc, but AP defensive cooldowns and passives blow mercs out of the water. Which is why they're a FOTM in arenas.

AP isn't fotm in arenas. AP isn't fotm anywhere except regs. Shieldtech is FoTM in ranked tho.

AP's defensives might be better than merc's. But that is a extremely low bar to set.

AP isn't fotm in arenas. AP isn't fotm anywhere except regs. Shieldtech is FoTM in ranked tho.

AP's defensives might be better than merc's. But that is a extremely low bar to set.

Lmao how is it low almost every utility a merc has is a passive on AP PT... Also the burst from a AP is way better and quick to make PT more viable then Merc. Let's not talk about the taunts PT which helps your team a lot if your not getting focused. In pvp mercs have the most pathetic off healz. While AP can sit and get 5% every missile of 7. AP has better and quicker healz then the class that has a *********** healz spec as a tree...

Edited by Darth__Reaver

Lmao how is it low almost every utility a merc has is a passive on AP PT..

Ok, and this is a product of how bioware handles utilities for the tank classes, it is what it is.

Also the burst from a AP is way better and quick to make PT more viable then Merc.

Yes AP's burst is definitely better than Arsenal's, nobody is going to argue that one But it is definitely not faster than AP's, considering AP requires a 3 second minimum prereq just for assault plastic.

Besides Arsenal is the 3rd highest burst in the game, Arsenal's only offensive weak point is lack of follow up burst after rail and HSM are expended.

While AP can sit and get 5% every missile of 7. AP has better and quicker healz then the class that has a *********** healz spec as a tree...

First of all it's not 5%, it's only 5% in PvE, it suffers from the base trauma you get for simply being in PvP combat. Also the SC heal is worthless post SC nerf and you would have to be crazy to use that utility nowadays.

Let's not talk about the taunts PT which helps your team a lot if your not getting focused.

Except PTs are pretty much going to be focused constantly, hell in solos my VG gets focused fired first even when I'm on a team with a commando.

I'm not saying mercs are great nor am I saying PT's are weak. I am saying that you can't run around saying AP PTs are tanky just because they have better defensives that the squishiest class in the entire game.

Lmao how is it low almost every utility a merc has is a passive on AP PT... Also the burst from a AP is way better and quick to make PT more viable then Merc. Let's not talk about the taunts PT which helps your team a lot if your not getting focused. In pvp mercs have the most pathetic off healz. While AP can sit and get 5% every missile of 7. AP has better and quicker healz then the class that has a *********** healz spec as a tree...

Sorry, but Merc/PT defensives are pretty much the same. On both my AP PT and my Arsenal Merc I have - 25% Shields DR, Kolto while under 40%, 30% DR while stunned and against AOE. My AP has 30% defense chance on sonic missile (I have to waste it if I want to use it as a taunt), and my merc has 5 charges to ignore force/tech attacks (Okay against focus, fantastic 1v1).

The only defensive my AP has over my arsenal is Energy Rebounder (which should be an innate defensive to Arsenal rather than have to use a utility...)

As for healing? It takes 10.5 seconds to fully unload SC for the maximum heal (if you use as such), for...14,700 health. Not bad 1v1, crap in group. To be fair, merc's current self-healing is crap too, but to say AP's SC heal is faster and stronger? Nah.

What needs to change is Merc's self-heals, and change the heroic utilities to better stuff. Most of merc's Heroic utilities are an utter joke. And, to be honest, it would be fantastic for Merc to have a root or at least a slow on 10-15s CD. Rocket punch root is crap because if they're in 4m of you, it's kind of too late to be trying to root them.

Edited by KainrycKarr

Sorry, but Merc/PT defensives are pretty much the same. On both my AP PT and my Arsenal Merc I have - 25% Shields DR, Kolto while under 40%, 30% DR while stunned and against AOE. My AP has 30% defense chance on sonic missile (I have to waste it if I want to use it as a taunt), and my merc has 5 charges to ignore force/tech attacks (Okay against focus, fantastic 1v1).

Except, you know for the fact that your AP PT gets the 30% DR while stunned for free while mercs have to spend a heroic point for it. Or the fact that you can use KO while stunned.