The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you guys hate Thana Vesh?

lawszepie

I just read the favorite planet thread, and some people hated taris and they said the only redeeming feature that planet got is that...er...you get to kill thana.

Personally I actually really like her.

I don't find her ego annoying, but entertaining.

I like how every time she is boasting and look down on me, I can reply with flirting.

Towards the end of the quest line, I can actually feel that she is less egotistic, its almost like she knows you're better than her, but just have to keep up that I-am-superior-tone in order to keep her self esteem intact.

I'm a dark side character, but I couldn't choose to kill her at the end, I just could not do it.

I found that she's very....cute.

I'm actually very disappointed that i have to part ways with her, and I cannot romance her even more, or make her my companion.

In short, I think I'm in love with one of the most hated character in the game :D

Does anyone feel the same? Or am I the only one sick enough to like her?

Does anyone feel the same?

I feel like I'm doing the Empire a favor, not to mention her fellow Sith, whenever I kill her. I also feel that, as a result of her death, the IQ average for all Sith scattered throughout the galaxy increases substantially. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I feel like I'm doing the Empire a favor, not to mention her fellow Sith, whenever I kill her. I also feel that, as a result of her death, the IQ average for all Sith scattered throughout the galaxy increases substantially. :D

Signed, stamped, sealed and ratified.

She is fueling the power of the Dark Side with her hate and anger. Unfortunately, she hasn't learned how to be subtle. I try to be understanding. I think I split the kills and don't kills, based on how I felt at the moment. I probably killed her, three times out of seven play-throughs.... The other four times I spared her, was because I was thinking in the long term, for the Empire. Let her kill Republic scum until she is finally defeated.... Edited by WorldSmasher

Seldomly do I agree with Mr. DW, but oh so much ^^this! Perfectly written.

I wished there was a /spit emote in-game, so that I could... well, you know.

I wished there was a /spit emote in-game, so that I could... well, you know.

Or a swtor version of the /threaten emote (human version) in GW2. There's a fist-shake (I think) then the character leans toward the target and makes a throat-slitting movement with his hand...

For me I viewed this matter from the eyes of another sith warrior - Lord Scourge.

"The dark side fed on passion and raw emotion, but it was important to temper it with cold analysis and reason."

To me Thana Vesh mastered the former, but failed at the latter. This combined with her reluctance to evolve or adapt in this regard for me spelt the limit of her power.

Edited by SmileMoar

For me I viewed this matter from the eyes of another sith warrior - Lord Scourge.

"The dark side fed on passion and raw emotion, but it was important to temper it with cold analysis and reason."

To me Thana Vesh mastered the former, but failed at the latter. This combined with her reluctance to evolve or adapt in this regard for me spelt the limit of her power.

You mirror my thoughts...

She is fueling the power of the Dark Side with her hate and anger. Unfortunately, she hasn't learned how to be subtle. I try to be understanding. I think I split the kills and don't kills, based on how I felt at the moment. I probably killed her, three times out of seven play-throughs.... The other four times I spared her, was because I was thinking in the long term, for the Empire. Let her kill Republic scum until she is finally defeated....

I love to hate her.

99% of NPCs in the game are forgettable. They give you a filler mission, you do the mission, and that's it.

Not Thana, though. Thana sticks by you the whole planet and works hard to make sure she's remembered. She's irritating enough to get you emotionally invested in taking her down a notch.

I was sort of like this, but then remembered that she is only an apprentice, so pretty hard to make a full judgment.

As her master says, he loosens the leash now and then to help build her power, then states that her volatility is both a strength and a weakness, and obviously has a ways to go, and maybe she would die by some jedi's hand or maybe she gets stronger as she learns, but that what the job of the master entails.

As I said, too soon to judge like you have.

As for the character herself, like or loath, this thread any many like it that have been made over the years about her is a testament of how well BW done with her, as someone else rightly said, most npc's throughout the planet leveling game are quite forgettable.

Type out any one of the of the hundreds of other npc's names into gen chat and you will be most likely met with huh? mention Thana, and you will get a decent convo going.

mention Thana, and you will get a decent convo going.

One thing is a decent conversation on any given subject, while quite another is a conversation fueled by male testosterone.

Anything pertaining Thana Vesh involves the latter, 99% of the time -- no more, no less. Hardly anyone cares how the character is compelling or interesting, from a creative standpoint, and the reason for that is quite simple:

Thana is as compelling or interesting as a block of marble sitting on the sidewalk. Perhaps even less so.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

One thing is a decent conversation on any given subject, while quite another is a conversation fueled by male testosterone.

Anything pertaining Thana Vesh involves the latter, 99% of the time -- no more, no less. Hardly anyone cares how the character is compelling or interesting, from a creative standpoint, and the reason for that is quite simple:

Thana is as compelling or interesting as a block of marble sitting on the sidewalk. Perhaps even less so.

I seen it differently, On my first warrior, many moons ago, I had Vette(which I would of force choked and left her corpse in Naga Sadow's tomb.) then Quinn, which I wont go into, both were such a bad fit for the DS warrior.. It felt so wrong.

And then you meet Thana, a heady apprentice with a lust for blood, a perfect fit for my warrior in some ways, with the just do it attitude, which your own char is like wether you like it or not.

I know what youre saying with the male testosterone, but as per this thread, its not as much as you think, as just as many hated her, and for different reasons than you stated.

I know what youre saying with the male testosterone, but as per this thread, its not as much as you think, as just as many hated her, and for different reasons than you stated.

The very creation of this thread was fueled by male testosterone to begin with. You only need to reread the OP.

Were Thana a guy instead of a gal, it's not so much of a stretch to assume the character would be as easily forgettable as so many others.

I'm a girl, and I loved to hate Thana, her interaction was very engaging. Of course she had to die. I killed her on all but one of my characters, just to see if the story ended differently or carried on later/or with an email, if you didn't.

The very creation of this thread was fueled by male testosterone to begin with. You only need to reread the OP.

Were Thana a guy instead of a gal, it's not so much of a stretch to assume the character would be as easily forgettable as so many others.

Truth be told, I only skimmed the OP, mainly reading the replies. :p

The only unforgettable character (that isn't specific to a class story) is..

Fez Burba

20 years from now, I'll still look back and have a good laugh, and for someone who doesn't get alot of face time in the game that says something.

I was sort of like this, but then remembered that she is only an apprentice, so pretty hard to make a full judgment.

As her master says, he loosens the leash now and then to help build her power, then states that her volatility is both a strength and a weakness, and obviously has a ways to go, and maybe she would die by some jedi's hand or maybe she gets stronger as she learns, but that what the job of the master entails.

As I said, too soon to judge like you have.

The thing for me is that quote in particular really falls down to being a fundamental lesson.

I mean on multiple occasions Baras has stated something to the effect of "I must harness my anger/rage". Indicating that raw anger/rage alone is not enough, that raw power needs a focusing lens.

In Thana Vesh's case she has shown several times that she is easily blinded by her anger and rage.

In one case she even

gets caught and imprisoned

because of it.

I'd say I have seen enough to reach my original conclusion.

Part of people's fascination with Thana may be due to masculinity, but 99% is a wee bit insulting to men :-)

That said, Gayem Leksende is probably the male version of Thana and doesn't seem to generate as much interest.