The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yes/No : Would you still play this game if it wasn't branded Star Wars?

HuaRya

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would, but it probably would be F2P in some way by now since that is the trend with current MMOs. It had a stable player base at the end that in no way constituted a shut down like Tabula Rasa (or other MMOs in that situation). It was shut down because of this MMO. LucasArts pulled the plug because even though they're two entirely different kinds of MMOs set in the SW universe, having both would segregate the community, meaning less subs for both games, thus leading to SWG's shutdown to force as many SWG players here as possible and consolidate the SW fanbase into one area.

I love people that spew garbage out of their mouth as if they knew what they were talking about.

Sony wasn't interested in renewing the license. SWG wasn't profitable enough. Whether or not Lucas would have made them shut down isn't even known. Sony didn't want to pay for the license renewal.

but tell yourself what you will...this board is full of the blind.

No because I would have literally no interest in this game if it wasnt Star Wars because Im not really a fan of MMOs.

That is not to say that it simply being Star Wars is enough for me to play the game as I hated Galaxies despite it being Star Wars.

Nope. Sad to say. I love Bioware, or at least the good portions of the company but this game is pretty sloppy and with out the lightsabers, bounty hunters and what not I would not touch this game. To be completely honest I got this game because of my love of Kotor, and this game doesn't really come close to the magic of Kotor.

Since the question has "still" in it, I'd have to say yes. If you right now would take Star Wars away from this, I'd still play, since I love the stories and full voiceover. However, had this never been a Star Wars game, I wouldn't have started playing it in the first place - in fact, if this didn't have chiss as a species option, I would have probably ignored it. Edited by Seireeni

So yes, I'd still play (though honestly that's getting less and less as well regardless) SW:TOR if it wasn't branded Star Wars because there is nothing out there there to replace it with.

Regardless of Star Wars Brand, This MMORPG is only 1 GOOD Sci Fi MMORPG title away from being fully replaced anyways.

And its getting closer and closer to being replaced even with out a good alternative showing itself.

The next new planet very well might be the end of SW:TOR for me if its another 8 hour (or less) and done planet with no challenge (like Rishii /Yavin was)

Sci Fi mmo's are definitely a rarity compared to the D&D themed games. Expansion took me about 9 hours per toon.