Stuck on Belsavis, because I can't level at all.

Ashlockheart

I am pretty much stuck on Belsavis because I can't cast spells when I click on them, and the companion glitches so hard that they don't even fight. It sucks. I can't really level or do the missions because of the how bad the whole game glitches out. It sucks. I want to level, but I really can't Even tryed restarting, and lowering the settings just to see if that would fix the issues, but nothing is helping. This sucks. Lol. Going to have to play another game I guess.

I am pretty much stuck on Belsavis because I can't cast spells when I click on them, and the companion glitches so hard that they don't even fight. It sucks. I can't really level or do the missions because of the how bad the whole game glitches out. It sucks. I want to level, but I really can't Even tryed restarting, and lowering the settings just to see if that would fix the issues, but nothing is helping. This sucks. Lol. Going to have to play another game I guess.

Have you posted this in the Customer Service forums? Tech support can be sketchy at best, but there are some nice players who hang out over there that might be able to help you with this problem.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Have you posted this in the Customer Service forums? Tech support can be sketchy at best, but there are some nice players who hang out over there that might be able to help you with this problem.

Good luck and happy gaming!

I looked around but didn't really see much. Its ok though. I don't mind waitting for another patch to help fix the issue. There are other games I cam make do til they look into it.

I wouldn't be waiting for a patch, as I'm not sure this is a wide-spread issue, or even necessarily caused by some error on BioWare's side. Have you run a repair/tried re-installing?

I did the repair and re-install 3 times. Still having the same issues. Running a good graphics card, as well as a i7 intel. So I never had this issues before. It just started happening after this patch. Don't know were its coming from. But I know its not my end. 150 MB internet connection as well. But I did see every one in chat on Belsavis having the same issues.

It's not an isolated issue. I was having massive lag issues on Belsavis last week, and numerous others were too. Chat was full of people seeing the same kinds of issues. This was on The Ebon Hawk.

"It's all your stuff's fault. It's never the devs or BW/EA's fault. You. Always your fault." - random fanboi.

SWG Emu pays your sub so you can post meaningless drivel like this nonsense?

You realize BW doesn't own the internet or control it, and the OP's problems are strongly indicative of a NETWORK issue, that is probably more the fault of his ISP than anyone else? It's not Bioware's fault because your ISP overloads their nodes to cut costs which results in their routers dropping packets like hot potatos during high usage periods.

Do you call up Bioware and blame them when your modem stops working? When your power goes out? When the water isn't safe to drink? Part of me believes you do, given your post history.

Belsavis has had bad lag ever since 3.0. Companions warp from point to point because the server updating your location is spotty. The same for mobs. Companions don't harvest crafting nodes reliably. Going from Belsavis to Voss is eye-opening.

Occasionally, switching to a different instance (if there are any up and open) can alleviate the problem.

Belsavis has had bad lag ever since 3.0. Companions warp from point to point because the server updating your location is spotty. The same for mobs. Companions don't harvest crafting nodes reliably. Going from Belsavis to Voss is eye-opening.

Occasionally, switching to a different instance (if there are any up and open) can alleviate the problem.

I have tryed switching instances to see if that fixes any thing, but it didn't I also tryed changing companions, but that didn't work ether. I mean I can deal with the companion glitch for the most part, but I can't do much if my spells don't work correctly. it took about half a min for my healing spell to start, and then all of a sudden my toon dies. I was lucky to finish 2 missions over 3 hours of game play. Every other online game I am playing right now is working just fine. Hell I even tryed playing youtube while playing some thing to see if my internet is the issue, but every thing else is working fine. So I don't know were the lag/glitches are coming from, but I sure hope they get fixed soon. I do enjoy playing this game when its working correctly.

I did the repair and re-install 3 times. Still having the same issues. Running a good graphics card, as well as a i7 intel. So I never had this issues before. It just started happening after this patch. Don't know were its coming from. But I know its not my end. 150 MB internet connection as well. But I did see every one in chat on Belsavis having the same issues.

Have you tried to do pathping and traceroute and look at the results?

Just because it says you have a 150Mbps connection doesn't mean anything, bandwidth is largely irrelevant, SWTOR might use 1% of that. How often packets are dropped and what route they take to the server matters more than how wide the pipeline is. Your 150 Mbps connection might not be as good as you think, and while that type of issue might not be on your end, it's also not on BW's end since that falls to your ISP.

A 1 inch water line that is open will deliver more water than a 6 inch water line that is closed. A 56k dialup modem that has 0 packet loss will play SWTOR infinitely better than a 150M cable modem that is suffering a 90% packet loss.

I don't know why people keep asking him to check his connection. It's on BW's side. It isn't just him that has the problem. I scratched and clawed my way through Belsavis with the horrible lagfest on two characters. It's been this bad since 3.0. I reported it then and yet, nothing has changed since then. It's still just as bad as it was then.

This is on the Ebon Hawk server btw.

Have you tried to do pathping and traceroute and look at the results?

Just because it says you have a 150Mbps connection doesn't mean anything, bandwidth is largely irrelevant, SWTOR might use 1% of that. How often packets are dropped and what route they take to the server matters more than how wide the pipeline is. Your 150 Mbps connection might not be as good as you think, and while that type of issue might not be on your end, it's also not on BW's end since that falls to your ISP.

A 1 inch water line that is open will deliver more water than a 6 inch water line that is closed. A 56k dialup modem that has 0 packet loss will play SWTOR infinitely better than a 150M cable modem that is suffering a 90% packet loss.

So my ISP (and others) are somehow causing problems with one and only one planet (Belsavis), within one and only one program (swtor)? Hmm, maybe the dread masters are still bitter and have begun infiltrating network management teams across the globe.

I used to get massive lag spikes and disconnects a while back. It was more widespread though, not on one planet.

I switched by DNS from my ISP over to google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and sec DNS 8.8.4.4 Now i get 30-50 ping on average.

As i say, for me it was more widespread but ti might be worth a go. Just write down the ISP DNS before you change it so you can change it back if needed.

Belsavis has been like this for a couple months on Harbinger. Many people have reported it. Its really annoying but not unplayable. Did the planet quest and my class quest easy enough on two different characters.

They should really get this fixed though.

Edit: ATM, im not experiencing much lag at all but it has happened before for me.

Edited by Nickious

It's not an isolated issue. I was having massive lag issues on Belsavis last week, and numerous others were too. Chat was full of people seeing the same kinds of issues. This was on The Ebon Hawk.

LOL, I have a character on Belsavis now and it is pretty bad. Belsavis is lag central, has been for some time, and has never been fixed. I find it very slow going and have to steel my teeth to do a little every so often to eventually get my guy off that world. The only high point was a few days ago when everyone in general chat was cracking jokes about BW/EA and how bad things were. Some were pretty funny.

PS - On Shadowlands, on two different gaming computers, and yes it is all BW/EA and not the players.