The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Debunk the new Patch; Retiring A Lightning Sorc,

Akyrox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can thank the FOTM rerollers that only spammed force storm in pvp and had absolutely no idea how to play it otherwise. They're the ones that ruined your class for you.

That would be true, if they were the developers. They are not, so what you said was complete gibberish. GG.

so all this talk about nerf and i only lose 200 off my parse boo freaking hoo i can still do enough dps for the ops including hm so keep whining people

LIES!!! UNSUBSTANTIATED LIES!!!

The Sorc/sages world has ended and there is no coming back from it. They are no longer force gods and thus irrelevant and everyone who has one should just unsub in protest. This game is doomed and will be dead soon.

Another thing screwed and ruined by Dev's. OOOOOOOOH what a surprise... isn't it? No. Hell no.

As I said in many other threads about the same thing here, is never too much to repeat: they are screweing and ruining the entirely game since 3.0 arrived.

I don't know what they have in mind. This game is running to a tenebrous path of death. WoW is up for more than 10 years and I never ever saw or heard about all those complaints. SWTOR is up just since 2011.. 4 years only and since 3.0 arrived all I heard is complains and bad things they've introduced or changed into the game.

So, think about what will happen not too far... Low server pops, frequently unsubs, not enough revenue of CM stuffs and all.... this is the path to death.

That's why I will keep playing whatever they do, because I love SW and also this MMO. Then I get this into my head: I will enjoy this game with all my forces now, until it still up, because I don't have enough faith that they keep it up long enough.... and if SWTOR dies, believe me, they won't do another MMO of SW, never.

BUT, "While is there life, there is hope." - Mr. Stephen Hawking (THE BEST).

So, let's pray (for BW hire a better Dev's team someday).

Another thing screwed and ruined by Dev's. OOOOOOOOH what a surprise... isn't it? No. Hell no.

As I said in many other threads about the same thing here, is never too much to repeat: they are screweing and ruining the entirely game since 3.0 arrived.

I don't know what they have in mind. This game is running to a tenebrous path of death. WoW is up for more than 10 years and I never ever saw or heard about all those complaints. SWTOR is up just since 2011.. 4 years only and since 3.0 arrived all I heard is complains and bad things they've introduced or changed into the game.

So, think about what will happen not too far... Low server pops, frequently unsubs, not enough revenue of CM stuffs and all.... this is the path to death.

That's why I will keep playing whatever they do, because I love SW and also this MMO. Then I get this into my head: I will enjoy this game with all my forces now, until it still up, because I don't have enough faith that they keep it up long enough.... and if SWTOR dies, believe me, they won't do another MMO of SW, never.

BUT, "While is there life, there is hope." - Mr. Stephen Hawking (THE BEST).

So, let's pray (for BW hire a better Dev's team someday).

people have been predicting this game's death since day 1 move on troll

Utterly ridiculous. Bioware balance team, you guys use drugs while at work, and hate your jobs. You should consider leaving Bioware to do something that makes you proud of what you do. The nerfs made here are proof positive that you hate your jobs and don't care what product you turn out.

Do the SWTOR community, and Bioware, a favor and leave.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just wanted to add, that since you're neutering our Sith Sorcerers, that you should nerf all of the cut-scenes, too. The cut scenes where he uses force lightning to end the bosses lives are too over powered for the nerfed toons we now are condemned to play.

EDIT: Incidentally, I PvE. Rarely to I PvP, but when I do, it's in the world, if I happen to catch a Republic player flagged (I don't gank lowbies; there's no sport in it). Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose. Thanks to this nerf, I'm sure I'll always lose.

Edited by WorldSmasher

I am retiring my sorcs to back-bench crafting duties only after trying out the class in both Lightning and also Hatred specs (boy the last one is clunky on a Sorc, better on a sin though).

This was above what was called for. Why touch single target dmg? Why not just correct the FS output?

I love the changes to sorc and sage. Force storm was ridiculously stupid, and it just enraged me to see people go entire warzones and flashpoints using nothing but and doing top damage.

Guess you'll have to find some other class with no resource management and a win button.

Edited by clearsighted

Sorcs were pretty strong before, but really what they were was a non-BH class you could bring to HM Revan and not be losing out on hundreds of DPS just because you're not a Merc. Now, they aren't. I'm sure teams that already have multiple 198 mainhands and have mastered both the mechanics and DPS up-time on the fight will bring Sorcs and clear it just to say they did (as they have with other inferior classes), but it doesn't change the fact that all Sorcs DPS will be strictly more useful now in every way if they just re-roll Mercs. Yay balance. Edited by Kryand

I love the changes to sorc and sage. Force storm was ridiculously stupid, and it just enraged me to see people go entire warzones and flashpoints using nothing but and doing top damage.

Guess you'll have to find some other class with no resource management and a win button.

Actually even the drop in dps is not that huge for PvP, the worse of it is that you use up Recklessness charges faster for the same amount of time of pre-nerf, remember before it was 12 seconds of 100% crit for a single charge of Recklessness with a bit of crit gear on.

The lack of Snare also means no more spamming it at a choke point with fellow sorcs for basically free damage, now it's more "bob and weave" in PvP and melt single targets with Alacraty procs from Focal Lightning, which is always fun!

it was getting out of hand really, I have seen so many sorcs turn to Marksman Snipers, unmoving and spamming Force Storm, even on top of themselves rather then Force Slow then Force Speed away and do a rotation...

Actually even the drop in dps is not that huge for PvP, the worse of it is that you use up Recklessness charges faster for the same amount of time of pre-nerf, remember before it was 12 seconds of 100% crit for a single charge of Recklessness with a bit of crit gear on.

The lack of Snare also means no more spamming it at a choke point with fellow sorcs for basically free damage, now it's more "bob and weave" in PvP and melt single targets with Alacraty procs from Focal Lightning, which is always fun!

it was getting out of hand really, I have seen so many sorcs turn to Marksman Snipers, unmoving and spamming Force Storm, even on top of themselves rather then Force Slow then Force Speed away and do a rotation...

this Sorc/sage is fine. it was needed true players stick to their class thru the bads. despite the nerf isnt bad...

it was needed next they need nerf sins

BW/EA were smart nerf a class that was able to do Crazy DPS in PVE while still healing like mad same for PVP..

Sorcs shoulden't beable do Top Deeps & healing....with little to no work.

Sorc/Sage is now back where needs to be & thats single target Focus.

Maybe that is the reason for the double XP weekend - so that everyone with a sorc is now able to quickly reroll sniper

That's as funny as heck. If they do it, they better not do it as PvP snipers and slingers - there's nothing in the patch to help them. Moreover, after reading through the patch, from a sniper's perspective, it looks like they are still going to be losing ranged battles to sorcs. The only real loss for sorcs was the reduction to Forcequake/Storm. There's enough other goodies to make sorcs viable if you look (and yes, I play a sage and a sorc). Playing a sorc still is less work than playing a sniper (and still more rewarding).

Edited by Grue_Hunter

Utterly ridiculous. Bioware balance team, you guys use drugs while at work, and hate your jobs. You should consider leaving Bioware to do something that makes you proud of what you do. The nerfs made here are proof positive that you hate your jobs and don't care what product you turn out.

Do the SWTOR community, and Bioware, a favor and leave.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just wanted to add, that since you're neutering our Sith Sorcerers, that you should nerf all of the cut-scenes, too. The cut scenes where he uses force lightning to end the bosses lives are too over powered for the nerfed toons we now are condemned to play.

EDIT: Incidentally, I PvE. Rarely to I PvP, but when I do, it's in the world, if I happen to catch a Republic player flagged (I don't gank lowbies; there's no sport in it). Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose. Thanks to this nerf, I'm sure I'll always lose.

Well given how slow they are to deal with people who have drug-related names (e.g., Marijuana, Spliff, Blunt, MaryJane, etc. and all the variations on said spellings) on their toons, it does make you think. ;)

this Sorc/sage is fine. it was needed true players stick to their class thru the bads. despite the nerf isnt bad...

it was needed next they need nerf sins

BW/EA were smart nerf a class that was able to do Crazy DPS in PVE while still healing like mad same for PVP..

Sorcs shoulden't beable do Top Deeps & healing....with little to no work.

Sorc/Sage is now back where needs to be & thats single target Focus.

Only problem though is that before the nerf Mercs/Mandos where on top of the parsecs now the closest competition sorc/sage is going to fall behind.

The changes where needed in PvP I have no doubt about it in my mind, in PvE they clash with the buffs to Merc/Mandos, who are now top dps (no idea on heals never healed on mine) and got a survivability boost to boot.

PvP nerf? I don't mind, heck I welcome it! PvE nerf because of PvP issues? Not so much.

Edited by Devrius

The nerf wasn't that bad.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/19475/5

4850 for a ranged burst spec is right on the money IMO.

It's what Sharpshooter is pulling and more then what gunnery pulls.

The real problem is that Madness is still below TK.

Also I'm fairly certain that TK will still be able to graze 5K in full BIS.

Madness and Deception for sins performs well below the other dps option, that needs some serious looking into.

A Hatred sin is much easier to play then a Deception on in PvP, no need for specific positioning since Maul is buffed by nothing in Hatred.

Then again Madness could easily be OP in PvP with the Dot spreading mechanic and since they don't buff/nerf one aspect but both PvP and PvE at the same time it'll likely stay as is for a long while.

Playing a Sorc for several year's, this patch has to be the most outrageous...thank you republic for filing your complaints about sorcerer's to the Dev's. Keeping the Jedi OP

Force Storm now consumes 60 Force (down from 120) over the duration of the channel (3 seconds, down from 6 seconds). Additionally, the snare on targets damaged by Force Storm has been removed. ~ Now Useless in PvP and Ad control.

Lightning

Abilities affected by Forked Lightning now have a 25% chance (down from 30%) to trigger a second arc of lightning that deals 25% damage to a target. *Nerf*

Forked Darkness now grants a 25% chance for Crushing Darkness to tick twice (down from 30%). Additionally, Forked Darkness now grants Thundering Blast a 25% chance to produce a second blast that strikes the same target for 25% damage (both down from 30%, respectively). *Nerf*

The damage dealt by Lightning Flash has been increased. Additionally, the cooldown of Lightning Flash has been increased to 15 seconds (up from 12 seconds). *Nerf, even though we got a dmg boost with it, it's Cooldown is to big.*

The damage dealt by Lightning Bolt has been slightly decreased. Additionally, Lightning Bolt now costs 33 Force (up from 30). ~ ARE YOU KIDDING ME, YOUR GOING TO CHARGE MORE for LESS.....Get out of here!) Didn't realise Bioware.

Fixed an issue that caused Conduction to apply Unshakable early, negating interrupts. *WELL Hey you fixed a bug* ^_^

You do.know the same nerfs were applied to sages

I'm sure the OP threatening to "retire" his Sorcerer will get BWEA to change it all back ASAP.

You're absolutely right. Players who are not satisfied need to unsub.

Posting declarations about shelving characters does nothing. I'm not saying there should not have been a nerf, but this nerf was too extreme.

I've ended my subscription on both of my accounts. Granted, I just bought the returning player packages (with 3 months game time) for both accounts. Should I in that time level a reasonable replacement for my now defunct main (lightning sorc), I'll re-up. If not, I'm done.

Speak with your wallet.