New Species

-Slaughterhouse-

Introduce more iconic species like trandoshans and wookiees, with armorsets just for them.

add a few tor species like the gormak and (insert fav TOR race).

Make sure to allow for head shapes with current and future headwear. Larger size, holes for

such things as leeku and whatnot.

allow all headgear to be shown or hidden.

Introduce more iconic species like trandoshans and wookiees, with armorsets just for them.

add a few tor species like the gormak and (insert fav TOR race).

Make sure to allow for head shapes with current and future headwear. Larger size, holes for

such things as leeku and whatnot.

allow all headgear to be shown or hidden.

Never going to happen Species have to meet certain requirements to be made playable.

All new races

1) must speak basic

2) must be able to be romanced

3) must work for all classes and work with all companions

4) must work with all existing armor

Neither of those two races fit any of these criteria.

Edited by Anaesha

I wish to play with Nautolan species...

But this is not going to happen and I do have to agree with the fella above.

NOTHING going to happen. Since 3.0 this game is crap. SWTOR is following the path to death, believe this. Few more years and this game is gone and then we'll NEVER have another SW MMO, pretty sure not.

So, do like I do: enjoy the game while it still up. :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't that happen?

Never going to happen Species have to meet certain requirements to be made playable.

All new races

1) must speak basic

/5char

/5char

Ah but they can speak Basic

Romance was a off-handed joke between a Former Developer and a Fan in a casual conversation

They work with all Classes & Companions

No different from Twi'leks and the upcoming Tagruta, just have more head tails.

So try again. That however being said, I do believe that the playability of the Nautalans will ultimately come down to how easy it was for the Developer's to create/design

Edited by Altyrell

So try again

No, you try again.

At this point, everyone knows there will never be any overtly non-human races available as player characters. Cather were added, in part, because we can have a romance with a Cathar. Togruta, if they are added, same thing applies.

Only other race that comes close to that is Voss (see the Agent storyline, but people pooh-pooh Voss for other reasons)

Posts requesting them are at this point pretty much just trolling.

You will never be able to play a Wookiee, a Transdoshan, a Jawa or any other "goofy" race. Deal with it.

No, you try again.

At this point, everyone knows there will never be any overtly non-human races available as player characters. Cather were added, in part, because we can have a romance with a Cathar. Togruta, if they are added, same thing applies.

Only other race that comes close to that is Voss (see the Agent storyline, but people pooh-pooh Voss for other reasons)

Posts requesting them are at this point pretty much just trolling.

You will never be able to play a Wookiee, a Transdoshan, a Jawa or any other "goofy" race. Deal with it.

Obviously we can't play as a Wookiee as they don't speak Basic (no, having a protocol droid head as a translator doesn't count), would have difficulty with the armor and while they could fit the Classes, it would be difficult to really imagine a Smuggler Wookiee (no offense to anyone who would've loved to be one).

Trandoshans would be more viable then the Wookiees, except for the Equipment part would hold them back (Gloves & boots primarily)

Jawa's are too short and 99.9999999999999999% of them don't speak Basic, equipment would be a problem as well.

And I know about the Voss problem (Lore/Story being the key part due to the fact that the Player Character doesn't know what a Voss is when they initially arrive at the World.) and I'd personally rather play as a Gormak then as a Voss.

The only real problem, that can't be currently debated, that the Nautolan's face when being made playable are their 14 Tentacles on the back of their heads, which to me would ultimately depend on how well the Togruta are in making Playable versus as a Companion when it comes to the head gear [Currently the head of Ashara (Togruta Companion of the Inquisitor) doesn't change due to the head gear equipped, or if it does it is due to a Full Helmet].

The Chagrian (Rusk, companion of the Knight is one) also is in a similar boat that the Nautolan are in, in that their Playability as a Playable Species comes down to the Togruta as they have similar Cranial obstructions along with front & back lekku like appendages and back posterior head plates. Though, unlike the Nautolan & Togruta, they suffer from a different creationary problem in that Males sport the two horns on top of their head (though, that problem they share with the Togruta) but the Females don't have the Two Horns up top but they have longer posterior head plates. So, if Chagrian were to be made playable, they would be the first Playable Species to have major visible difference between the Genders. Though, if Chagrian were to be made playable it would give hope to those that hope that the Devaronian get made playable as the Male & Female of the species are also visibly different, & vice verse if the Devaronian were to be made playable giving hope for the Chagrian.

------------------------------------------

Me, personally, could care less if the Nautolans were made playable as I am not advocating them being made after the Togruta. I just know that their viability as a Playable Species ultimately comes down to the Togruta. Also, honestly, of the Companion Species that aren't currently Playable, I would like for the Kaleesh (Xalek, Inquisitor Companion, is a member of this species) to be made Playable as their Masks would/should be a Customization Option. And yes, I do recognize the fact that they have 4 Fingers and the end of the Nal Hutta starting Class Story of the Bounty Hunter could be a problem.

Oh, and it had already been confirmed that the Togruta would be the next Species to be made Playable. And I doubt that it was because Male Inquisitor's could romance Ashara.

Edited by Altyrell

Oh, and it had already been confirmed that the Togruta would be the next Species to be made Playable. And I doubt that it was because Male Inquisitor's could romance Ashara.

And I am equally sure that factored into the decision. Do you really think it's a coincidence that the 2 added playable races are the 2 which were romanceable but not playable from the beginning?

All new races

1) must speak basic

Neither of those two races fit any of these criteria.

Defel.

Unless the new species is at least 95% human reskin then don't bet on seeing them. The character artists are just too lazy to put any real effort into it.

Anything else is just poor excuses.

Obviously you don't know how much work it takes to make even a single piece of armor for a human body so you can't even imagine how much work it would be for a race that is two or three times the size of a human.

They would never make new armors specifically for one or two races which means they would have to resize the existing armors to fit the new Race(s) which is also a lot of work.

Obviously you don't know how much work it takes to make even a single piece of armor for a human body so you can't even imagine how much work it would be for a race that is two or three times the size of a human.

They would never make new armors specifically for one or two races which means they would have to resize the existing armors to fit the new Race(s) which is also a lot of work.

I'm well aware of how much work is involved. Considering that the majority of what could qualify as playable are essentially humanoid (Dude in rubber suit for original Trilogy) they would not need to make any changes to the existing armor to make it fit other than scaling which is one of the simplest operations that can be done with a 3D mesh. Scale the armature to fit the new model. Or hell if the model is already scaled (using the same armature, just enlarged) then the engine would automatically do the scaling for you.

Togruta are just going to be another "Human with extra bits attached". I'd like to see Bioware do something a little bit more interesting than that because the current crop is really meh.

As it is right now, though, the character models are all just base human with little tweaks, be it blindfolds, head tails, or little pointy spikes on the face. The largest majority of changes are in texture only with little to no change to the mesh. Even the cathar are just a re-skin. They may have adjusted the teeth a tiny bit, but that's about it. Most, if not all, of the models for the given genders even have the same face selection choices.

Edited by Bluerodian

• 2 weeks later...

My current guess is that species are just not important enough to be introduced. The fact we can add legacy (and cartel) species to every class really kills the lore aspect. I have a Cathar Sith Warrior 50% of his comments are spoken like a human and a few he claims to be a Sith Pure blood. He really doesn't like non human Sith and thinks they should all be destroyed which amuses me but clearly completely ignores my species and the class story.

The old rules just don't make sense anymore. I think the current rule is - can they sell it and if so for how much.

The answer is they can sell new species but everyone wants a different one. They need to find the ones which most people want and then price them up. The problem though is hundreds people will spend 75 bucks on cartel creates looking for a special mount - this makes more money than a thousand people spending 7 bucks on a new species unlock. So while I would pay 100 bucks for my Kel-Dor that only works if hundreds of other people would as well so we get more loto boxes and less species.

Getting new species from time to time is exciting, but it seems more appealing to have more content to do with fewer species than the inverse.

Log in to do the same thing with a different species? Nah- Please send my money to the new content dept.