What Do You Think The Next Stronghold Will Be?

PhilaminaB

There is that strange "construction" sign on Manaan, which is faction-neutral and would surely be popular.

Another rumor has it being a Fleet apartments, which in many ways I would like because you could still access Fleet chat from your stronghold.

In general, though, I'm not too concerned. I get some people really like strongholds and BW is making more because people must be buying plenty of decorations, but I'd like to see more actual playable content - sizable planets and areas, FPs, perhaps a new Op in the fall, and definitely a new WZ. The new species will be nice, been waiting for that particular one for a long time.

Probably Manaan with half above water and half below, but I would be happy with a palace on Alderaan or rural base on Hoth or a tropical island pirate paradise on Rishi too. I hope that we can have 5 active instead of 4 because I don't want to pick which one to deactivate. :(

I would like private flagships too. They could be priced at the same ratio that private strongholds are to guild strongholds and not be usable for conquests so that guild ships are still useful, but I just want one or two for decorating/RP.

There is that strange "construction" sign on Manaan, which is faction-neutral and would surely be popular.

Another rumor has it being a Fleet apartments, which in many ways I would like because you could still access Fleet chat from your stronghold.

In general, though, I'm not too concerned. I get some people really like strongholds and BW is making more because people must be buying plenty of decorations, but I'd like to see more actual playable content - sizable planets and areas, FPs, perhaps a new Op in the fall, and definitely a new WZ. The new species will be nice, been waiting for that particular one for a long time.

Yeh Manaan could be a strong possibility. Personally I would prefer Hoth but we'll see what BW thinks people want most.

Fleet Apartments I don't see as such a strong candidate, simply because I doubt they want to take the unique selling point of having fleet chat available away from the guild ships, but never say never right ;)

Of course I would like all of the things you mentioned but for someone like me Strongholds are content as well. It shouldn't replace other types of content but it certainly adds content for me.

I'm crossing my fingers for Manaan or Rishi. They are beautiful, pleasant planets with dual faction access that could probably work story wise (unlike, say, Belsavis).

I think Alderaan is a likely choice too, though I've never liked the odd bluish lighting and all those annoying nobles, so I'm hoping otherwise. :p

I'd prefer if they increase the hook limit instead of releasing a new stronghold.

To each his own, but having a new stronghold is absolutely pointless if one is bound to face the EXACT same issue as earlier: an arbitrary limit on the number of usable hooks, despite the fact we had been told we could use as many as we wanted.

Thanks very much, Jack. :p

On another note...

I want the Citadel of Ajunta Pall, on Ziost, to be my very own Stronghold. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Either way i hate that planet. Id rather live on Hutta or Taris i loathe it that much.

Ah well, couple thousand years and a Moff blows it up.

Dunno why.

Most class stories there reach a high water mark, preceding the final chapter one showdown. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Dunno why.

Most class stories there reach a high water mark, preceding the final chapter one showdown. :p

Because it's literally an incredibly boring planet to traverse, kinda like Hoth.

At least Belsavis is COOL in addition to being absolutely gigantic.

A Stronghold on Alderaan would be instanced separately; hence, no "Lageraan".

Although ... if we could make sure that property prices increase over the next millennia ... and be sure we hit a certain 'sell by' date ... we could all stand to make a fortune!

Make sure those Contracts for the Sale of Land clearly state: 'AS IS!'

This, so this. Especially when you are stuck for 10 minutes on a flying flatulance whale :p

I'd rather have gigantic planets, with plenty of content to chew through -- including side-missions, planetary story arcs, hidden group missions, bonus series, in addition to class stories -- than what I've been getting since Vanilla.

To each his own however; it is clear where some people stand on that front I guess.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I dont mind belsavis and hoth, alderaan just sucks to me.

Alderaan is what a planet is meant to be: massive, ever-sprawling, featuring a wealth of content suited to its size, which is that this game has been lacking ever since Vanilla -- though Makeb was an honorable effort.

Ziost, once it hits, will be seen for what it is: a joke really. Might as well have gone for another moon, instead of resorting to cheap marketing ploys.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's gonna be either Alderaan or Rishi.

I hope Rishi. Compare the number of Rishi decorations they have released compared to Alderaan. Only difference between the two planets is Alderaan is lower levels where Rishi is levels 55 and above. They both have vendors, crew skill trainers, class trainers, etc. Can't remember is Alderaan has a GTN or not. Pretty sure Rishi doesn't but it wouldn't be difficult to insert one somewhere. There's an entire dock section of Rishi not being used yet.

Because it's literally an incredibly boring planet to traverse, kinda like Hoth.

At least Belsavis is COOL in addition to being absolutely gigantic.

I really don't understand players who think this - the story on Alderaan, as well as just the graphical beauty, makes it one of the best planets in the game, imho. Just like Hoth, I'm sad we no longer get larger planets like this, where it actually feels like you are questing ON A PLANET.

Yavin IV I can kind of forgive because it's basically a daily area, but Rishi was made just large enough to incorporate the quests on it, no more. The Revanite camps, for example, were ridiculously tiny, given the story in the expansion.

From what I've heard, Ziost will also be small, though I wasn't really expecting something larger in a non-paid addition.

I really don't understand players who think this - the story on Alderaan, as well as just the graphical beauty, makes it one of the best planets in the game, imho. Just like Hoth, I'm sad we no longer get larger planets like this, where it actually feels like you are questing ON A PLANET.

Yavin IV I can kind of forgive because it's basically a daily area, but Rishi was made just large enough to incorporate the quests on it, no more. The Revanite camps, for example, were ridiculously tiny, given the story in the expansion.

From what I've heard, Ziost will also be small, though I wasn't really expecting something larger in a non-paid addition.

Basically, Ziost will have...

Three ABSOLUTELY MINUSCULE areas, which is where the bulk of the story will take place.

Once you're done with those areas, the story will make way to the new daily area, and the earlier areas will be locked out altogether most likely.

In that aspect, it's a far worse deal than Yavin 4.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I hope it's Rishi, Rakata Prime, or even a Manaan place with a fish gazing floor or something like that. Might be fun to live surrounded by the fishes. Either way, I want a vacation home, with a beach, waterfalls, shallow pools for wading lol.

I think however, that it will likely be Alderaan, and, I will be disappointed if it is, because I *do not* want to live with a bunch of spoiled snotty nobles. And a part of me is icked out by the place, knowing what happens to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.