I heard you need bounty hunters for Hard mode Revan is that true? :P

5-7 seconds from hard enrage, that shows how tight it is for no BH. I wonder what that would look like with no MHs. Congrats on the no BH kill, definitely took some clutch coordination.

Yes the tuning is very tight on this fight. There were times during the pull that we could have been more aggressive DPSing during the purples and not getting out for pull so early but we were playing it safe. either fun fight really like it cant wait for nightmare.!

• 2 weeks later...
Finally, after 4 months only BH kill someone was able to do it.

Did you use 198 MH on any char?

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I know the mara did not have a main hand. Most of the people did have a main hand I believe. Everyone had cleared it on that toon before just not all at the same time.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I know the mara did not have a main hand. Most of the people did have a main hand I believe. Everyone had cleared it on that toon before just not all at the same time.

So, a group full of dedicated progression raiders with plenty of clear experience and gear that's way above the requirements set by Bioware, barely managed to kill this boss a few seconds before enrage with a non-BH setup.

Congrats Bioware. I'm sure this will finally raise the hopes of all semi progression groups. :rolleyes:

So, a group full of dedicated progression raiders with plenty of clear experience and gear that's way above the requirements set by Bioware, barely managed to kill this boss a few seconds before enrage with a non-BH setup.

Congrats Bioware. I'm sure this will finally raise the hopes of all semi progression groups. :rolleyes:

Just gives Sorcs Hydraulic override and all will be well.

yea I know we suck :(

but in all honesty we lost a ton of DPS being conservative on the pull ins and stuff if we were to go back in there we could do it alot better. The fact that we have clear experience doesn't really matter all the much one you get the mechanic down it falls into place. I will probably be flamed for this but whatevs

...and seven mainhands farmed with toons that are viable for that fight without mainhands :\

Don't forget about huge dps nerf in 3.1.2

Look's like it inposible again (mara need mh too to do it again),

...and seven mainhands farmed with toons that are viable for that fight without mainhands :\

A challenge? so if we gear everyone in the raid with 192 mainhands and do it with 0 bounty can we claim viable for non bounty hunters? or will there just be some other excuse?

Edited by TcMEAT

A challenge? so if we gear everyone in the raid with 192 mainhands and do it with 0 bounty can we claim viable for non bounty hunters? or will there just be some other excuse?

yes. kill revan with 198mh not a challenge.

true chalenge is kill revan in full 192 + no bh but it inposible.

try kill him without 198 mh.

P.S. we just envy you.

Edited by Snean

You can claim anything you want and you have my respect for what you've achieved, no doubt :-) It just struck me that this is in the line with what Zorz wrote in the guide that they recommend any non BH class to have a 198 MH. Which puts guild with less talent and options than they and you have in a weird state imo. So I'm not saying you haven't done a brilliant job, but that fight is overtuned and not class balanced.

This has been discussed a lot here: Fight being overtuned and favouring BH is not saying it can't be done, as you proved. It means that the increase in difficulty by not using BHs is unfortunate and not well designed.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

I think the only significant question is: Is it possible for group of players, without single 198 MHs and no BHs to kill it after 3.1.2? I am looking at all yous pros for answers here. I am not trying to argue achievement of killing it without BHs is not great, even with MHs. I ask it because we have never had "special" compositions for fights and we are not going to start any time soon. We are that casual. Regarding the burn phase favoring a class. It's a fact. It's not open for a debate. It being possible with other classes after having farmed necessary MHs with the favored class, well, that's not exactly the point of balance / tune conversation, is it now? Edited by Ruskaeth

I think the only significant question is: Is it possible for group of players, without single 198 MHs and no BHs to kill it after 3.1.2?

Yes.

Despite this, I'd argue that more mechanics in Ravagers and Temple should ignore Hydraulic Overrides, and that the DPS check for the Machine Core is too high for Hard Mode.

If a group is working to kill Revan for its first time before 3.2 and has few BHs, consider (a) learning the first and second floors with a customary composition and (b) switching to 1 Tank / 5 DPS for third floor progression and first kill. We didn't use this technique, or any of several others, in our no-BH kill (we didn't need such techniques, in part because 2 or 3 of the DPS had 198 Mainhands).

Edited by Orderken

Swapping to 5 DPS during the fight never crossed my mind. Please do elaborate. I know people did this with DP NiM Council, but we never bothered with that tactic because it was never necessary. :eek: Edited by Ruskaeth

Swapping to 5 DPS during the fight never crossed my mind. Please do elaborate. I know people did this with DP NiM Council, but we never bothered with that tactic because it was never necessary. :eek:

For Revan (on any floor), a DPS taunts Revan to take each Trail of Agony. For HK, 2 DPS who can taunt each take exactly 1 stack of Shiv while the tank has 2 stacks.

For Revan (on any floor), a DPS taunts Revan to take each Trail of Agony. For HK, 2 DPS who can taunt each take exactly 1 stack of Shiv while the tank has 2 stacks.

After this post many my guildies ask video with solo tank revan kill ....

Can you do it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.