The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with Vanguard/PT stats

JoseSilva

Hi,

I just come back to the game after a long time away. So i have no idea what kind of stats should i try to achieve in PVP right now. And i kinda search on the internet and dont find a decent guide after 3.0 patch that explains to me.

So any kind soul can tell me the stats priority right now in pvp, best spec (i think is tactics) and what is the best utility points right now?

Thanks guys

Tactics (which you use because plasmatech is trash in PvP) would be full power/surge. Burst spec will always want a power/surge build.

Some will tell you to take about 200 or so crit rating, which would improve your scoreboard damage numbers, but imo that isn't a practical consideration for a spec that relies on it's burst.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Tactics (which you use because plasmatech is trash in PvP) would be full power/surge. Burst spec will always want a power/surge build.

Some will tell you to take about 200 or so crit rating, which would improve your scoreboard damage numbers, but imo that isn't a practical consideration for a spec that relies on it's burst.

Hey, if you were going for scoreboard numbers it gets a little more ridiculous than that. You would want ~8 alacrity pieces, 2 surge pieces, and ~150 crit rating. (I found that out by putting PvP gear into my PvE Gear calculator model thing, but that assumes an infinite length fight so...)

But as we all know, scoreboard numbers are a terrible way to look at doing damage. With that much alacrity and that little surge, you ain't killing anyone. Ever.

Edited by TACeMossie

BRB, buy alacrity enhancements. I wanna see this.

I will admit this though: That much alacrity is fun. You're shaving almost 10% off every cooldown, so just over 15 seconds in you've got an extra attack on them.

Also, a key to getting massive damage numbers out is to not get any kills, because the more time you spend waiting for them to respawn, the less time you are doing damage :p

Edited by TACeMossie

What what?!?!

He's speaking imp.

Entangling heat, Iron Will, Muzzle augs

Advance the line,

Paralytic augs, Charge the line.

A lot of people will tell you to take Guard cannon over paralytic augs, although since the shoulder cannon nerf, I have found this talent has lost it's effectiveness for DPS VGs.

You will also notice that that list only has one masterful talent. This is because there really isn't a clear cut *best* utility for that one. I use Reflective Armor in team ranked just due to all the free damage you get from it due to all the Hatred sins. Others will recommend Electro shield or Sonic Rebounder. Although note that Sonic Rebounder doesn't work in either form of ranked since VGs are always focused first.

Edited by Zoom_VI