About the MSM JT-2 Jetpack.....

akdonkey

So against my better Judgment Last night I bought one of the Jet packs. I really missed mine from my SWG days. I'm really sure it will end up like the cybernetics, hundreds of models in the future. First off Its not bad looking, nice colors nice exhaust effects and sound. Its only problem I see is that it does not have enough height when your in flight. I would like to be at least the height off the ground as you are in the walkers. You are only at the rocket boots boost level.

I didn't buy one for the reason you cited - like the initial walker, I bet the jetpacks will be all over the place eventually. If not, there are plenty of nice mounts in the game.

Cheapest I saw on my server was 10 million - no thanks.

I didn't buy one for the reason you cited - like the initial walker, I bet the jetpacks will be all over the place eventually. If not, there are plenty of nice mounts in the game.

Cheapest I saw on my server was 10 million - no thanks.

It'll stay semi-rare like the Vorantikus, but as new colors come out, the price will adjust accordingly. I bought one for under 10K earlier in the week. The best time to nab items like that are actually when the next pack comes out and some people wind up dropping prices on items so that they can use the sales to buy new stuff that is coming out.

I doubt they will change the height. Allowing you to "fly' too high means players could use the Jetpack to facilitate traveling in unintended ways or getting into restricted areas. It would also change the dynamics of getting to many datacrons.

I doubt they will change the height. Allowing you to "fly' too high means players could use the Jetpack to facilitate traveling in unintended ways or getting into restricted areas. It would also change the dynamics of getting to many datacrons.

They could make it like the walkers, where even though you are up high you are still "blocked" below you. So you appear higher you still have the same movement restrictions as walking

So you appear higher you still have the same movement restrictions as walking

...and that would look implausible, so players would start to complain about the "illogical restrictions"... "why can't I fly over that wall, I'm high enough".

Nah, I don't see a change there.

It'll stay semi-rare like the Vorantikus, but as new colors come out, the price will adjust accordingly. I bought one for under 10K earlier in the week. The best time to nab items like that are actually when the next pack comes out and some people wind up dropping prices on items so that they can use the sales to buy new stuff that is coming out.

lol, on tomb of freedom nadd the other day the range was 8.7mill to 32mil. yes over 20mil difference from the lowest listed to the highest.

I have a spare one and cannot decide if I was to send it to my other account or sell it.

They could make it like the walkers, where even though you are up high you are still "blocked" below you. So you appear higher you still have the same movement restrictions as walking

Yeah but that also means a big immersion break since it would mean you are hitting a invisible wall everytime you try to go over a rock. Plus it would look really stupid when traversing rough ground, since you would be swinging all over the place.