The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I need more than one MVP!

Banderal

Dammit. I have to give one to the guy that tanked for me on heals. But I should give one to that guy that watched the off node and called incs. I also wanna give one to the guy who DPS'd in mid, killed the bad guys like crazy, and knew enough to run back for heals instead of over extending and dying all the time (AHG).

And in huttball I need to MVP that healer that kept me going as I ran towards their goal, and what about the girl who ran across the acid plate and let me pass across and not try to run and get rooted and die stupidly, and then the person that pulled their carrier at the last minute and saved them getting a goal, and that other person who threw to me across the acid instead of trying to run across and getting rooted and dying stupidly.

Jeesh, I hate having good teams. Not enough MVPs to go around. :(

I must admit your title made me go "here we go again" thinking you would say something about how you're underappreciated or something, I'm glad to say that I read your post and am sitting here grinning :-)

Good on ya! And I fully aggree!

Haha. No, I am never one to feel underappreciated. Over appreciated usually. I know fully well that I'm someone that can do fairly well with a good team to back me up, but I'm not good enough to carry others. So if I have good numbers and people are MVPing me, I know it means that the rest of the team was doing fine also. :D

Dammit. I have to give one to the guy that tanked for me on heals. But I should give one to that guy that watched the off node and called incs. I also wanna give one to the guy who DPS'd in mid, killed the bad guys like crazy, and knew enough to run back for heals instead of over extending and dying all the time (AHG).

And in huttball I need to MVP that healer that kept me going as I ran towards their goal, and what about the girl who ran across the acid plate and let me pass across and not try to run and get rooted and die stupidly, and then the person that pulled their carrier at the last minute and saved them getting a goal, and that other person who threw to me across the acid instead of trying to run across and getting rooted and dying stupidly.

Jeesh, I hate having good teams. Not enough MVPs to go around. :(

Whilst I agree it is nice to recognise people who play the game correctly rather than the normal warzones we suffer at the moment, infested with conquest scrubs, I have to say that MVP votes are utterly meaningless and also, useless, the comm difference makes them irrelevant.

I love the idea of having a gold, silver, and bronze to award to folks. Fantastic for morale of players too, even though its basically meaningless. I don't think BW would allow 5 comms for a gold. Im sure some little rotten guild/group would just find a way to abuse it anyways...:rolleyes:

But maybe a 3-2-1 amount would be allowed. Could help a tiny smidgeon with gear grinds for some too, if you pvp enough I spose?

Anyways, I'd love to be able to award G, S, B medals to team mates. I wouldn't mind a boobie prize I could award either. :p

I sure would love to see more of our different stats too....that'd be cool. :)

Whilst I agree it is nice to recognise people who play the game correctly rather than the normal warzones we suffer at the moment, infested with conquest scrubs, I have to say that MVP votes are utterly meaningless and also, useless, the comm difference makes them irrelevant.

MVPs aren't for the rewards! They're just a way of saying "thanks for playing the game the way I think it should be played". (Or sometimes, "Sorry you had to backfill into the match with 10 seconds left and had no chance to do anything.") I use them mostly to make me happy because I can put that little "thanks" out there. Half the time the person I MVP has already managed to click the "quit" button before I got around to clicking their MVP, so they don't even know it. :p

I've thought about this before. My solution was to allow people to assign three MVPs: gold, silver, and bronze. Gold MVPs get five bonus comms, silver get three, bronze gets one. You only receive your bonus comms, however, if you vote as well.

This is actually a really cool idea. Simple clean and no downside.

Please, Bio-ware do this.