Expertise Ability Effeciency Factors

xetys

I think one of the major problems of PvP balance is, that BW always has to balance for both PvE and PvP....

e.g no one from our pvpers understand, why Juggernaut gets 12 up from 10 stacks in Enrages Defense, what actually was OP enough....but for PvE Juggernaut is not the best DD, so this balance update makes him more surviable in ops...while in PvP not the DPS is important, but the right damage in the right time

so what's my idea? extending the effect of the expertise stat in a way, it affects on each class abilities by a ability-specific factor.

Let's assume it is already part of the game, and each ability has the expertise factor 1....so the effect of the ability (damage output, reduction, healing etc...) is multiplied by 1, if you are fully geared....

When wearing a full pvp gear (or getting bolsteres in WZs), a new information in the ability tooltips is shown, just like "Expertise Factor: X"

So what BW could do now, after an update like this? They can change the effect of any ability especially in PvP stance....so there is no affection on pve behaivour....

I think this concept is pretty simple and mighty, and would help make BW balancing the ACs better, not thinking about how pve balance patches are affecting pvp balance and otherwise....

when you like this idea, just keep the thread up with signing it :D hopefully some one will see it.....

what is a "PVP Stance"? also adding expertise effecting abilities would make it a requirement to have PVP gear for EVERYTHING.

better way, just remove expertise outright and make everyone pvp in one set of PVE gear that is balanced. Especially with the new appearance tabs, you can make unique looking shells that offer no stats.

ok example:

each stack of enraged defense gives you ~3k heal. if bw now decided, to reduce its effect but only in WZ/pvp, they could define a expertise factor of 0.5 to enraged defense....so each stack will heal only for 1.5k health...but only when you are pvp equiped / in a warzones