Drop odds on Master pack...

StarkHelsing

I may just be experiencing really lame luck. But 54-55 Master Packs opened; Result?

-No Soa [regeneration move; usually drop plenty]

-None of the rare mounts besides the lizard - name forgets me right now.

Everything else seems to drop fine but SOA and the other mounts are just 'nope' nadda. How ridiculously rare are they? Would like to hear folks experiences for this pack before I even think about buying another just to find it's broken.

Edited by StarkHelsing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 packs opened

2 revanite pieces

3 soa

1 chem lizard

2 black/ deep purple dyes

all but the pants for ceremonial set

1 tion sy-6

1 lergo agitator

1 gale cutter

2 prarie ginx

3 sniper rifle

1 blaster rifle

1 single blade saber

2 m1-4x custmizations

1 angry dance

1 worthy

1 pink yellow WH crystal

1 pink black evis crystal

1 Chamber of Truth SH title

1 pirate cannon

1 republic data storage unit

1 celebration tent

1 gand merc

2 kubaz citizens

1 rodian citizen

bunch of assorted armor pieces im not interested in, majority of armor was ceremonial though.

usual assortment of gifts and xp boosts

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I got a lizard and a couple of Soas, but almost no decorations out of a crate.

I got 4 total and one was a duplicate.

Given the Soa drop rate, I wouldn't expect them to be too expensive.

Edited by Rankyn

3 Soa? Christ. How on earth did I open 55 [i had to go back and check] and get zero? xD That's the -only- reason I got those packs. Bah. Time to be disgruntled.

No, it's time to realize that buying packs for the express purpose of getting a given item is a bad idea. Buy packs, sell them on the GTN, use credits to buy what you want.

Edited by branmakmuffin

~75 packs

- 4x SoA

- 3x Lergo Agitator

- 7x Gale Cutter

- 3x Black and Deep Purple Dye Module

- Lots of 'rare' armor

None of the 'rare' mounts :(

In hindsight, I probably should have sold the packs, but I enjoy the opening part :o

That darn jet pack is going to cost a pretty penny :eek:

Edited by KTap

No, it's time to realize that buying packs for the express purpose of getting a given item is a bad idea. Buy packs, sell them on the GTN, use credits to buy what you want.

That's the plan. Haha. I think I've got near enough gear to sell, buy SOA and some.

Bioware will never learn their lesson.

Instead of thorwing players a bone once in a while to boost their pack sales, they rather piss them off by making all the "cool" items ultra rare.

I'm usually not buying any cartel packs, but even i considered buying some this time, because there are a lot of things in this pack that i'd like to have (especially the jetpack). But with these depressing drop rates... not gonna happen.

~75 packs

75 packs?! Holy macaroni...

I am still on a cartel pack boycott as a result of the slot machine fiasco. But I see that others step in for me, so BW will probably not notice that they haven't gotten any moolah from me since the day of the big nerf. ;)

I am still on a cartel pack boycott as a result of the slot machine fiasco. But I see that others step in for me, so BW will probably not notice that they haven't gotten any moolah from me since the day of the big nerf. ;)

I used to buy enough coins to be able to buy 2 or so crates foe each shipment, but this time i just bought $20 worth to catch up with what i had left over in coins for 1 crate. So i definitly spent much less then i usually do, and i spent nothing on the last pack aside from credits via the gtn.

There was a good 3-4 weeks of no packs/crates of the last shipment on the gtn so im thinking a lot of people protested with their wallets last month.

Bioware will never learn their lesson.

Instead of thorwing players a bone once in a while to boost their pack sales, they rather piss them off by making all the "cool" items ultra rare

If an item were not ultra rare, it would not be cool If rancors, etc., dropped like space mission XP boosters, no one would want one. They know how to play to people's desires to be the special snowflake.

I actually didn't spend a dime (other than sub costs), just had a bunch of CC saved and decided to spend it all :p

I actually didn't spend a dime (other than sub costs), just had a bunch of CC saved and decided to spend it all :p

Well, I'm not planning on spending it all, but I've got about 20K CC saved up (just because I never spend the dang things,) and I'm thinking about playing the lottery. Sure, I could put the crate on the GTN for probably about 7-10 mil, or I could get lucky and sell some poor sap that jetpack for 50 mil. I need me a vorantikus, so depending on how many of that are on the GTN (and the prices on the jetpack,) I may ignore my no gambling rule for this one (which I actually find quite boring for myself.)

If an item were not ultra rare, it would not be cool If rancors, etc., dropped like space mission XP boosters, no one would want one. They know how to play to people's desires to be the special snowflake.

That's true, but the amount of ceremonial guard armor pieces is getting kind of crazy.

If your buying packs for a specific item, rather than the pack possibilities as a whole, its better to buy the pack and then sell in the GTN.

You get your money which is garaunteed, and you will most likely have the credits to buy the piece outright. None of this rng *****.

Then again I also know a lot of people who buy a hypercrate, and sell what they dont need, and still make decent creds.

Well, I'm not planning on spending it all, but I've got about 20K CC saved up (just because I never spend the dang things,) and I'm thinking about playing the lottery.

If you don't know what to do with your CC, you can always spend them on decorations, legacy unlocks or buy packs and send them to me :p

If you don't know what to do with your CC, you can always spend them on decorations, legacy unlocks or buy packs and send them to me :p

I have all the legacy unlocks. I usually wait for something to go on sale on the CM and then turn it around for a profit, or use them for QoL things whenever I make a new toon.

I may just be experiencing really lame luck. But 54-55 Master Packs opened; Result?

-No Soa [regeneration move; usually drop plenty]

-None of the rare mounts besides the lizard - name forgets me right now.

Everything else seems to drop fine but SOA and the other mounts are just 'nope' nadda. How ridiculously rare are they? Would like to hear folks experiences for this pack before I even think about buying another just to find it's broken.

I am with you - I have bought TONS of hypercrates in the past, this is by far the most abysmal drop rate for EVERYTHING I have ever seen out of any pack, bar none. 3/4's of it are just crappy companion gifts or rep certificates, that's it. Out of one hypercrate I got *ONE* speeder...normally I get about a half dozen speeders. Of course the "Ceremonial" armor is clearly the junk set, because I got tons of that, but oTT, only a few pieces of the Fearless Hunter set, a surprisingly small amount of cybernetic armor drops (these are normally the "trash" drops), and a whole lotta nothin' else. The decor drops this time around were pathetic too...I think I got all of 4 pieces out of an entire hypercrate.

I call bunk personally.

Edited by Bachannal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.