Best Match Ever!

georgemattson

676 to 674, Ancient Hypergate.

I didn't do terribly well (in my defense, I'm level 32 on this alt), but good God almighty... this one kept swinging back and forth, with the Imps taking over both pylons on three separate occasions with an all-out rush on our pylon. Each time, we barely got it back seconds before the pylon discharged (literally), and while I didn't keep track of the exact timing, I want to say it was within 10 seconds each time, and within 5 on two occasions.

We won, but I gotta say; I would have been almost as pumped up if we'd lost.

This is why I PvP.

Ya, you get one of these out of every few hundred mismatches once in awhile.

And by mismatch you just described a PUG, by rule and definition!!!

that a side ...

Was in a Civil war(level 60) a short while back, a pure PUG, we did a 2 - 5 - 1, we manage to cap grass(the 2), on snow we managed to stall the impcap for 20 points before they capped, in mid we all fought, Imp and Republic, textbook style, interrupts and heals. The Imps tried every tactic and strategy in the book, both in mid and in their tries for the side turret, but the calls in opschat was spot on every time, the responses were accurate and precise. The wz ended with a win by 20 points, mid were never capped and still gray at the end. Both teams praising each other after the game, not an eye were dry!!

And I do agree these bouts a rare, far to rare, but well worth the wait!!!

Yeah a long time ago me and my friends joined a civil war in progress, it was a complete disaster, half the people had quit at the same time which is why our group of 3 had gotten into it. They had 600 points (All pylons capped) we had 210 or less...somehow we managed to cap all 3 pylons and hold them for the duration of their 600 points and won, it was a very intense battle and I enjoyed it.

Sometimes teams get cocky as they assumed they won and in most cases 99.999% they have won...but sometimes the backfilled players are far superior or more coordinated and are able to take back the warzone. Actually it happened today I joined a novare that had just started we were triple capped...me and friend were able to turn it around and we won...feel bad for those two operatives that rage quit. (Seen em around they always roll in pair and gank, they lose all the time, great dps, no wins).

676 to 674, Ancient Hypergate.

We won, but I gotta say; I would have been almost as pumped up if we'd lost.

This is why I PvP.

Quoted for truth.

It's the one unforgettable battle that carries us through the bad ones, while we continually search for the next legendary fight.

PvP is infectious. It provides a level of intensity that no other aspect of the game can provide. I wish the developers would somehow clue into this, and capatalize on it.

I am always disappointed when I get into an arena and there are 4 on my team and 3 on the other. There is always that one person on my team who is HAPPY to have the advantage and is smug and cocky, and sometimes trash talks when we win.

I LOVE even battles, where people are fighting tooth and nail for control (Usually this happens when both teams have a great tank and healer) When calls are made, when people are aware of the battle surrounding them and are able to anticipate calls. Like voidstar if you and 6 others are fighting 3 people at the door you have to assume the other 5 are figthing your two teammates at the other door or a sneak attack.

And by mismatch you just described a PUG, by rule and definition!!!

that a side ...

That's not what pug means sir.

"Pug" is an acronym brother. ;)

P=Pick

U=Up

G=Game

A "pick up game" is not necessarily a mismatched contest though. It could mean 2 groups of equal skill (or lack thereof) as well as mean opponents who are not exactly equals. You simply don't know the team composition before the match starts...because you "pick up" random folks whose availability allows them to participate at the same time as you for that particular game.

There is nothing about this acronym that's says the two teams cannot, are not, or will not be equal...by "rule or definition". Stop saying this, it simply isn't true. :o

That's not what pug means sir.

"Pug" is an acronym brother. ;)

P=Pick

U=Up

G=Game

A "pick up game" is not necessarily a mismatched contest though. It could mean 2 groups of equal skill (or lack thereof) as well as mean opponents who are not exactly equals. You simply don't know the team composition before the match starts...because you "pick up" random folks whose availability allows them to participate at the same time as you for that particular game.

There is nothing about this acronym that's says the two teams cannot, are not, or will not be equal...by "rule or definition". Stop saying this, it simply isn't true. :o

And now I know this as well :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.