The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Outfit Designer - First Look (Video)

KidLee

Can you design outfits for companions as well? It would be nice to see their default iconic armor without sacrificing stats. Though, a better solution would be to make default companion armor adaptable from cartel market packs.

Not as of yet, but, when they originally added the unify color/hide head slot options, they were not originally working on companions either. I imagine it will be added at a later date. The way you get the 192 companion Armor, seems to indicate that may be the direction they will go with it

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that want this, I'm honestly glad you got it. I played w/ the appearance designer in Wildstar for the ~month I played that and it was interesting.

I wonder though, after reading through this thread - do you folks really change outfits that often? Why? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I just don't see the point of constantly swapping your armor.

Then again, I've had the set of 512 Cybernetic armor on my (Cyborg) Operative for 2 years, so admittedly, I'm probably not the target audience for this feature.

With the current system, once I augment gear I never, ever change it. Once the tabs are implemented I will make several new outfits for my higher level toons. Toasty warm clothes for Ilum & Hoth. Barely there for Tatooine. Sports shirts for huttball. Dressed to the nines for Alderaan. Oh the possibilities!

Just sad my lovely companions can coordinate with me :(

I like the concept. It maintains the credit sink for upgrading but facilitates frequent cosmetic changes.

What I like best:

Rarity wise, you can use any white/green/blue/orange/purple/legendary gear in the outfit designer. There are no restrictions there.

I picked up and saved a blue chestpiece almost 3 years ago in hopes this day would come. xD

I'm really thankful for this video. Looks very easy to use and it seems you can use the sets even if you get rid of them in your inventory. I hope that's how it works for sets in your collection at least.

Now if only things stayed at 1 cartel coin to unlock the costume slots. Couldn't really see if they were per player or per account.