The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quitters in WZ's

Cegwulf

I never really understood this complaint. I never get upset or leave if I get backfilled, into a stomp or otherwise. I still got my one comm for backfilling, credit towards the daily/weekly and then I'll head to the objective or throw a quick heal/taunt or two and collect a couple 3 more medals. All for 2-3 minutes worth of my time. Extremely cost effective, that's like 40 comms plus the daily credit. It would be 80 comms for 15 minutes if I was there from the beginning and we lost. Not as cost efficient and much more frustrating.

That is exactly how I view it too. Same with queuing for a flashpoint and get dumped into the last boss for Kuat. I may have missed the loot off the two bosses before, but the group finder comms is enough for me.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When all defenders in VOidstar go to one side, or no one calls and it gets capped within 30seconds. I am leaving.

When people cap nodes and leave them, or dont call inc. I am leaving.

When people refuse to play Huttball in Huttball. I am leaving.

These are simple things. I do not need to put up with that kind of idiocy or aggravation on a game. I choose not to.

You do what you like, and i'll do what I like. Happy?

NAILED IT.

I am here to PvP. Not to babysit and clean up drool.

It's too easy to quit and no penalty for completely destroying the queue for everyone.

If you want better teammates then group with friends, screwing up the queue for everyone else because you have too much epeen to take a loss tells all of us everything we need to know about you.

first offense should be 5 min lockout, second should be 15 min lockout, third should be a daily lockout.

It's too easy to quit and no penalty for completely destroying the queue for everyone.

If you want better teammates then group with friends, screwing up the queue for everyone else because you have too much epeen to take a loss tells all of us everything we need to know about you.

first offense should be 5 min lockout, second should be 15 min lockout, third should be a daily lockout.

so locking people in a wz where there is no incentive to participate is a good thing? They've already given up the match. So they are going to camp a node or go hide? Is this what you want?

just got in a lowbie wz that was a 4v4 arena. our team had 4 healers, the other team had 1 tank, 1 dps and 2 healers.

I quit before it started. I don't care if that makes me the evil subject of this thread. Ain't no way I'm going through that punishment.

I love how everyone claims to quit because of "bads". Sometimes the other team is just better. *gasp* I know it's hard to believe but it's possible for everyone to play extremely well and for everyone to "do their job" and still lose. I realize this will come as a shock to those of you unfortunate enough to have parents who enrolled you into sports leagues that don't keep score, but the sooner you come to terms with this uncomfortable truth, the better off you'll be. Accept it. Learn to live with it. Life will be a whole lot easier if you do.

Huge difference between having bads on your team and playing against a good team. I have no problem losing to a good team. It can be very fun. What isn't fun is the amount of stupid currently being brought into warzones by the bads. If you don't know the many examples of bads being described in this and other countless threads then you clearly don't pvp enough. I don't queue up to carry bads...they are wasting my time so I feel no shame in queue dodging them. Carrying new and inexperienced players? Yeah that's totally cool. Playing against a really good team? Yeah that's totally cool. Playing on a team full of bads?

/right click warzone button and leave.

Huge difference between having bads on your team and playing against a good team. I have no problem losing to a good team. It can be very fun. What isn't fun is the amount of stupid currently being brought into warzones by the bads. If you don't know the many examples of bads being described in this and other countless threads then you clearly don't pvp enough. I don't queue up to carry bads...they are wasting my time so I feel no shame in queue dodging them. Carrying new and inexperienced players? Yeah that's totally cool. Playing against a really good team? Yeah that's totally cool. Playing on a team full of bads?

/right click warzone button and leave.

exactly, there is a big difference between people that want to learn and are just inexperienced and people that just don't care and are there for just the conquest points.

Ever since Blizzard fooled the mmo community that throwing a bunch of random players into an instance to play carry the flag or king of the hill was pvp, every developer has followed suit. The result is mostly one mismatch after another. Of course people are going to quit.

Until someone with some imagination and knowledge of game play and lots of money comes along, that's what we get.

Edited by MotorCityMan

I am a recently returned player to SWTOR and I can say that I have enjoyed my time since I have been back alot.

But the amount of people that play in a Warzone for just a few then quit is astounding, only to see them hotjoin back into the match then leave again. I just don't understand why they would be doing this. The other ones just quit and don't return. Just play the match.

Bioware needs to put in some sort of penalty for leaving a WZ early.

Nah. Last match I left had two 50k 900 exp. DPS guardians in it. And a few others I didn't recognize with bad exp, no augs... I'm going to leave and queue dodge when there're too many of those types (not gearing, just putzes) whether there's a penalty or not. If you want to lock me out sure I'll log to another char or go do something else, and you can wallow with the deadbeats in raid gear farming farming conq. points.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Ever since Blizzard fooled the mmo community that throwing a bunch of random players into an instance to play carry the flag or king of the hill was pvp, every developer has followed suit. The result is mostly one mismatch after another. Of course people are going to quit.

Until someone with some imagination and knowledge of game play and lots of money comes along, that's what we get.

Im curious from this comment what do you think PvP is?

Do you think all PvP is all death match and the like and that anything that has an objective doesnt count?

So, just for curiosity sake, do you all agree the lockout for leaving a pug in flashpoints and tacticals is ok? I know the "apples and oranges" line will be tossed at the line of thought, but I see the similarities between the two. Again, just curious.

So, just for curiosity sake, do you all agree the lockout for leaving a pug in flashpoints and tacticals is ok? I know the "apples and oranges" line will be tossed at the line of thought, but I see the similarities between the two. Again, just curious.

WoW has a lockout for WZ quits. It isn't effective. They have just as many, if not more quitters than SWTOR, and a lot more bots and AFK'ers. The work around is too easy, just hop on another char and queue, or find something to do for a few mins.

A larger problem is, that there are already long queue times for wzs, especially in off hours. Locking out players for quitting just increases queue times even more, and this game surely doesn't need that.

Edited by MotorCityMan

There are similarities, but also dissimilarities. A glaring difference between the two is that you can easily kick a person from a flashpoint and it is basically impossible to do so from a warzone. How would you like to queue up for a flashpoint only to be stuck a team with 2 others that seem to only know how to pull aggro off every single mob in the area and then not know how to do any damage, and 1 who has an idea. Wipe after wipe after wipe after wipe. You try to help them out and give them pointers...and they say "I like fighting big mobs." You tell them to heal up before pulling another mob and they either ignore you or say "You are operative you heal." You tell them you are dps, but they proceed to pull everything and wipe again. You mark the mezz target and tell them to not attack it...and you make sure to mez the one they arent attacking, but as soon as they see that its mezzed they switch long enough to break the mez and then go back to ignoring it. So you mez again...same thing happens. Tell me you aren't going to kick the two idiots...but wait...if this were like pvp you would not be able to. You would be forced to quit the flashpoint and then have a penalty because of the bads. That is how pvp is. If I could easily kick the bads I wouldn't care so much about a penalty, but that isn't how it is.

Edited by Saikochoro

Bioware needs to put in some sort of penalty for leaving a WZ early.

Bioware needs to establish some thresholds to get any rewards at all (xp/creds/valor/comms) before taking away my right to ditch games where people are trolling, afk, or playing terribly.

They can be low to start and tweaked later, but I'm thinking 200-360k dmg/heals and 5-6 medals @60 to get anything at all.

Edited by Eggsalicious

There are similarities, but also dissimilarities. A glaring difference between the two is that you can easily kick a person from a flashpoint and it is basically impossible to do so from a warzone. How would you like to queue up for a flashpoint only to be stuck a team with 2 others that seem to only know how to pull aggro off every single mob in the area and then not know how to do any damage, and 1 who has an idea. Wipe after wipe after wipe after wipe. You try to help them out and give them pointers...and they say "I like fighting big mobs." You tell them to heal up before pulling another mob and they either ignore you or say "You are operative you heal." You tell them you are dps, but they proceed to pull everything and wipe again. You mark the mezz target and tell them to not attack it...and you make sure to mez the one they arent attacking, but as soon as they see that its mezzed they switch long enough to break the mez and then go back to ignoring it. So you mez again...same thing happens. Tell me you aren't going to kick the two idiots...but wait...if this were like pvp you would not be able to. You would be forced to quit the flashpoint and then have a penalty because of the bads. That is how pvp is. If I could easily kick the bads I wouldn't care so much about a penalty, but that isn't how it is.

true statement

Don't be to fast to blame the people that leave a warzone just because you are running a premades dude.

now there are those of us that can take a lose. but losing to the same super queueing premade all night will take it's toll on people. In all honesty I believe it is the people that run these super queue premades ruin the warzones for everyone else. So in closing you only have yourself to blame for the amount of people that quit warzones.

Some of the sentiment in this thread is disturbing. I've only ever left a WZ if I've actually had to leave for some real life issue.

My problem with people complaining about not calling out or other "obvious" WZ goals is that you don't know if it's your teams first WZ and they just don't know how to play. A better idea would be to use the match as a learning tool to try and teach players how the WZ is meant to be played. You do that and all the sudden you won't be queuing up with so many bad players. Just blatantly quitting because a door got overrun is not a solution.

I can't tell how many times I've seen a screw up in the beginning of a match only for a player to leave and for our team to get our sh## together and win the match handily.

I think it's more fun when the odds are stacked against me and manage to pull out a win, but I guess that's just me.

Some of the sentiment in this thread is disturbing. I've only ever left a WZ if I've actually had to leave for some real life issue.

My problem with people complaining about not calling out or other "obvious" WZ goals is that you don't know if it's your teams first WZ and they just don't know how to play. A better idea would be to use the match as a learning tool to try and teach players how the WZ is meant to be played. You do that and all the sudden you won't be queuing up with so many bad players. Just blatantly quitting because a door got overrun is not a solution.

I can't tell how many times I've seen a screw up in the beginning of a match only for a player to leave and for our team to get our sh## together and win the match handily.

I think it's more fun when the odds are stacked against me and manage to pull out a win, but I guess that's just me.

The problem is there are TONS of people who refuse to listen/learn/improve/etc. They derp around doing nothing and then scream at those playing objectives...no thanks. I'm not going to deal with that. It has been said over and over that there is a HUGE difference between inexperience players and bads. I don't quit the moment something goes wrong. I quit when its obvious that my teammates are bads...I'm not going to waste my time with that. It is all about queue dodging the bads.

while I agree with you to a point. There are sometimes only so much you can do. And if you are stuck with a group of bads and don't listen, and realize that you are basically going to be stuck in a queue stream with them, it's best to leave and count yourself lucky.

for example: in an AHG, at the beginning of the match, and this is level 60 mind you, 5 people rushed the pylon. All 5 tried to cap the pylon. Got trolled by 1 operative, and only managed to cap it with 15seconds left on the timer. So what happens next round? Same thing. All 5 rushed the pylon, all tried to cap, only to get trolled again. I realized, not only did they not listen to a word I suggested, but that they weren't going to leave, and worse, that I'd be stuck in the queue stream with them. That's when I left. Got in a better round of matches with better players, won 4, lost 2 after that, but all good matches with decent players.

People also need to get it through their heads that it isnt about winning and losing. I've quit rounds where we were winning before because of bads on my team. It just the other team had worse bads. I didn't want to get stuck in a queue rotation with them.

................................My problem with people complaining about not calling out or other "obvious" WZ goals is that you don't know if it's your teams first WZ and they just don't know how to play. A better idea would be to use the match as a learning tool to try and teach players how the WZ is meant to be played. You do that and all the sudden you won't be queuing up with so many bad players. Just blatantly quitting because a door got overrun is not a solution..............................................

At L60, there should NEVER be a situation like you describe, people learning pvp, do not belong in the bracket.

There is a reason lowbies and midbies exist and that is to learn your class, to collect comms to gear up sufficiently to play effectively at 60 and to actually learn how to play warzones.

Same applies in PVE, those people do low level flashpoints, HM FPs, SM Ops, nightmare etc and learn how to play as they progress, PVP should be no different.

Unfortunately we do not have the gear gate luxury the PVErs have, so leaving a warzone and getting into a different pop rotation, when I am subjected to the selfish people who want to learn PVP at L60, is a far more efficient use of my leisure time.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

one of my favorites, healers that think they're more useful capping the off node and guarding it at the start of the match rather than follow the fight and heal their team mates.

I've done that as a healer plenty of time. "Oh look my entire team rushed middle on civil war...that means they aren't even getting off nodes...." of course as a healer I headed mid but now I am forced to go to say the enemy node. Sometimes I can sap cap on my op, sometimes no one is there, sometimes I get a reaction as I heal survive and wittle down the guy guarding and actually have 2-3 come to help him causing my hopefully at least COMPETENT dps on my team to cap mid even at their inferior prime ape state.

Pvp is an objective based game. I have completely planted every single bomb on voidstar as my healer not healing once....what would they have done to help me win that warzone? Nothing...except prolong it.

If I am counting players, realize that all of them are at one node, I will head their node instantly cause it means free cap...if doing that maybe gets my team wiped and at the very worst we lose our current node, I already capped that node...more than likely they live, I get 3rd node and suddenly the enemy team panics, splits 3 ways and it's easy cruising after that as long as we don't get to cocky and lose all 3 nodes. (Been on teams where everyone just thinks they won and do exactly that)