Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

Economy section of the Conquest thread's OP.

You have to control a planet but if you do, PM Sil and he can help you out.

Slips are determined by what shipyard the planet has and how big it is.

I prefer to control that sort of stuff by my lonesome Star, no offense.

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes:

Side Note: Tune just got OP...

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Economy section of the Conquest thread's OP.

You have to control a planet but if you do, PM me or Sil and one of us can help you out.

Slips are determined by what shipyard the planet has and how big it is.

Well I should have a planet after tomorrow's update so I'll pm you afterwards.

Gall (my guess):

Average: 2,500

Terrain: +100 food, +25 metal, +25 crystal

Average: 0% change to all (Not a hotbed of crime, but no record of nobility or any kind of justice etc... pretty average if you ask me)

It seems to fit vaguely into these categories.

-Take the 2,500 to all

- add the base 100 of each resource

- add whatever world bonuses (in this case Terrain)

- and add or deduct the percentage for crime rate (ignore this in your case)

- and you're done

Sil will have to determine your shipyard's capabilities. Also ask Sil for any planet-specific advantages (like bioengineering etc...).

Also the reason I haven't commented on Jaron's battle is because I can't see a snowball's chance in hell of the CIS pulling a win out of that fight.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I know the current outcome, but no one seems to have commented on it so far. :(

Because my plan was so awesome only thing about it thanks to the mines I will lose more units then I originally planned but I can make that up with some volunteers from Gall.

Because my plan was so awesome only thing about it thanks to the mines I will lose more units then I originally planned but I can make that up with some volunteers from Gall.

Well, can't let all of the variables be known unless one side has a good enough intel agency before hand ya know. :rolleyes:

Mostly I want to hear peoples thoughts as to how they think it will go down, helps me get a great picture of casualties, attacks, and ect.

Well, can't let all of the variables be known unless one side has a good enough intel agency before hand ya know. :rolleyes:

Mostly I want to hear peoples thoughts as to how they think it will go down, helps me get a great picture of casualties, attacks, and ect.

I promise I will get there, just want to make sure i finish with my personal affairs first, as I am sure you understand...

The mines will be an issue initially, but I think the Coalition will be anticipating something in the choke points so they won't be caught entirely off-guard. Once they find the mine field they could easily bomb a strip through the canyon and clear the mines or something... once through the minefield the Nightfalcons can be used to flank the enemy while the Nemsis gunships eliminate enemy vehicles and anti-vehicle weapons. Then the Juggernaughts steamroll a path through the front ranks of the droid forces and the Droidekas/trooper mix sounds like a fantastic (if somewhat slow-paced) system to mop up the broken droid positions.

A few hundred Droideika's lost as a result of the mines, and the fact that on the front rank they're exposed when they move in ball mode so reaching the battle can be an issue.

Maybe a tank or two here if the enemy is lucky, and I think the Nemsis will lose a half dozen to a dozen of their craft but will do a lot of the grunt work here.

Is that more of what you're looking for?

Possibly where are you, I forgot.

You may need to contact my character and set up a job... Also I am not sure if you can fit my prices yet, but we will see.

How about we split whatever they have there and both have full use of the shipyard.Right now I am in the Zhar system but afterwards am heading to Radnor to discuss a weapon manufacturing deal.

Well do I'll have my character look for a mercenary company and your name come across my desk.

Just about.

Star, you do know that the Republic tried to contact you, right? :p

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8097533&postcount=131

OOC: Yeah I did notice. I'm weighing options but since Tune posted a request for contact I think I have an idea of where this is going to go.

IC: "Sir, a response"

Dar'yaim was genuinely surprised to have received a response as quickly as he did. But it didn't show, he never let it show. Perhaps one of the greatest parts of always wearing a helmet, no one saw a thing.

"Put it on."

His armor, black and gold, was polished to a shine as usual. He stood, erect and at an imposing height, in a dimly lit chamber of the flagship Runi to take the call.

"Captain. The Givin are not pleased with you. I have been hired to ensure their protection, and the protection of their interests. To that end, I have also seized the factory world of Mechis III and begun mining the Rimma Trade Route and the Corellian Trade Spine."

The captain seemed unfazed, but of course little of this was new information at this point.

"My job is complete. Yag'Dhul is now under my protection, however they have expressed a wish to remain a part of the Republic. I follow the wishes of my clients, as long as they pay. To that end, I am here to offer you a deal."

By now the captain seemed interested, whether it was legitimate or not was difficult to tell with this species, but Dar'yaim was content with having his attention.

"We'd be willing to offer our skills, which you have seen demonstrated to great effect, to the Republic at a discounted rate and permit a team of Republic officers to oversee each of our operations personally. In return we expect to be left in charge of Yag'Dhul and Mechis III. If the Republic wishes to contract out factories or the Givin's shipyards to construct war machines we will permit it."

Dar'yaim could tell this might not sell the deal, but he had yet another card to play.

"And before you decide to enter the system, guns ablaze, think carefully on who we are. How much blood are you willing to spill in the name of pride?

I have your men, detained but unharmed. When we reach an arrangement they're eager to return to their families."

He ended the transmission. It had been months since he'd had to speak that many words, hopefully the Republic would make the need for more uneccessary and sign the damn treaty. But it was never that easy, that's what they paid him for.

Ask he moved across the chamber towards his seat, a light began to flash on the console. Sitting down, he read the message from Saltik.

"Ensign! Get your shebs in here, we might have some business."

Send the following message:

Need 8,000 crystal. We need use of a single Warrior-class gunship and 10,000 credits.

Credit cost negotiable, use of the ship isn't. Will wait for reply.

Edited by StarSquirrel

How about we split whatever they have there and both have full use of the shipyard.Right now I am in the Zhar system but afterwards am heading to Radnor to discuss a weapon manufacturing deal.

Well do I'll have my character look for a mercenary company and your name come across my desk.

PM me all the intel you have on the system... I would not be against this partnership, but I need to know what I am getting myself into before I allocate my men to any job, and need to know what you hope to gain there. I need to know the Risk / reward of it, And I garantee you I am close enough for this contract to go down.

The order went out, a message was to be sent to arrange a meeting with Saltik at his earliest convenience. Mandalorians didn't care much for Nobility. But family was everything, even an aspect of the Resol'nare, and Dar'yaim could respect that in a man. He'd heard tales, now it was time for the mercenary titans to meet.

An idea floated through Dar'yaim's mind. A network of allied worlds, run by mercenaries, captured in war. The idea was perhaps a dream, but one that might possibly come to be something. He'd wait to see how events unfolded, but things were looking up.

"Hello exalted Dar'yaim of clan Awaud" he said bowing politely to the Mandalorian.

"I have recieved your message about your trade agreement.... but if I am to give you access to one of my ships, there is 2 problems.... 1 is it will take my Warrior a couple weeks to get there. It is fast but distance is distance.... i can get an Agave to you in much less time and scout out several systems, giving you the intel, but if that's going to be the deal.... that is where problem 2 comes in, with that the crystals become my fee. Intelligence, as you know is highly valuable."

Edited by tunewalker

"Hello exalted Dar'yaim of clan Awaud" he said bowing politely to the Mandalorian.

"I have recieved your message about your trade agreement.... but if I am to give you access to one of my ships, there is 2 problems.... 1 is it will take my Warrior a couple weeks to get there. It is fast but distance is distance.... i can get an Agave to you in much less time and scout out several systems, giving you the intel, but if that's going to be the deal.... that is where problem 2 comes in, with that the crystals become my fee.

"Power up the Hyperspace Transmitter and hail them."

"Well now... I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your offer Saltik, but I have no use for an Agave at this time and I do not intend to put your Warrior to work or in harms way. In case you hadn't heard, I rule a few planets now and my friends are very quick studies.

I intend to begin production of new ships for my fleet's use. I have marked your Warrior-class ships as useful for my purposes. However, I require an example of such a ship to study in order to keep costs manageable.

Here is my counter-offer. You send a Warrior-class to me, I'm not picky on time, and I will ensure that, for a fee, my shipyards are open to building them for your fleet as well. You'll get the Warrior I borrow back. I will however require a minimum 8,000 credits or my Givin will not be properly motivated.

How does this sound to you? I'll throw in one set of free slips in a shipyard of mine for repairs to your fleet the next time you pass by a shipyard of mine after a battle."

Edited by StarSquirrel

"Power up the Hyperspace Transmitter and hail them."

"Well now... I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your offer Saltik, but I have no use for an Agave at this time and I do not intend to put your Warrior to work or in harms way. In case you hadn't heard, I rule a few planets now and my friends are very quick studies.

I intend to begin production of new ships for my fleet's use. I have marked your Warrior-class ships as useful for my purposes. However, I require an example of such a ship to study in order to keep costs manageable.

Here is my counter-offer. You send a Warrior-class to me, I'm not picky on time, and I will ensure that, for a fee, my shipyards are open to building them for your fleet as well. You'll get the Warrior I borrow back. I will however require a minimum 8,000 credits or my Givin will not be properly motivated.

How does this sound to you? I'll throw in one set of free slips in a shipyard of mine for repairs to your fleet the next time you pass by a shipyard of mine after a battle."

"You are close, but unfortunately the deal needs to be a little bit sweeter." Saltik said he has been doing the calculations in his head...

"As you know, TECH.... can be even more valuable then Intel"

"This can be a good deal, but its going to depend GREATLY on the "fee" for the usage of your facilities." He finished.

OOC: You should really check my characters trade skills, I have about 105 points total spent in trade skills alone. While I am not trying to put you into a "bad spot" so far you are asking A LOT from my character, and 1 free slip for "repairs" as well as a FEE for to use your things in ADDITION to charging me 8,000 credits for what my character honestly sees as a "measly" 8,000 crystals most of my negotiations have taken place on my ship.... Sil knows if this were the case and your character was an NPC.... my men would not find this "joke" funny and might have a gun to your head right now as your offer could be considered "offensive" telling you this because I know you probably dont know what value my character places on things right now....

Edited by tunewalker

"You are close, but unfortunately the deal needs to be a little bit sweeter." Saltik said he has been doing the calculations in his head...

"As you know, TECH.... can be even more valuable then Intel"

"This can be a good deal, but its going to depend GREATLY on the "fee" for the usage of your facilities." He finished.

OOC: You should really check my characters trade skills, I have about 105 points total spent in trade skills alone. While I am not trying to put you into a "bad spot" so far you are asking A LOT from my character, and 1 free slip for "repairs" as well as a FEE for to use your things in ADDITION to charging me 8,000 credits for what my character honestly sees as a "measly" 8,000 crystals most of my negotiations have taken place on my ship.... Sil knows if this were the case and your character was an NPC.... my men would not find this "joke" funny and might have a gun to your head right now as your offer could be considered "offensive"

OOC: Considering I currently have the only actual supply of Crystals, and I really didn't have to tell you what I was going to do with the vessel or offer to build you things I think this is a more than generous offer. While I respect your Trade skills, PC to PC I don't think that counts for as much as it might with NPCs.

But this is business, and Saltik knows a) putting a gun to a Mandalorian's head ends badly for the guy with the gun. And b) that in order to negotiate one has to start high and work their way down. Patience, the deal you might want is coming...

IC: Well, he isn't stupid... nor as well funded as I expected or he'd have hardly flinched at accepting this offer.

Dar'yaim motioned outside the camera's view for a moment.

"Here is an amendment on my offer. If you want the crystals I would be willing to offer 10,000 immediately. In exchange I'd get 7,000 credits and use of that one ship for a short time. This is my final offer, and it is quite a steal. Remember, I am your best, and only, source for large quantities of crystal, no one else would trade you this much and as you said, tech is even more valuable. Crystals are the bringers of tech, and so fetch quite a few credits."

Dar'yaim stood again, bringing his full figure still in armor and mask, out from behind his desk and into the image. Not to intimidate, but to indicate that this transaction should be nearly sealed.

"To put it bluntly sir, I am taking a risk trusting you to actually send me that ship and I don't know you. If we seal this deal, then perhaps in future transactions we can be more amenable to one another. I assure you I would be quite interesting in working out an arrangement to get some of the new ships into your hands, and I'm sure our crystals will be of continued interest to you."

Edited by StarSquirrel

OOC: Considering I currently have the only actual supply of Crystals, and I really didn't have to tell you what I was going to do with the vessel or offer to build you things I think this is a more than generous offer. While I respect your Trade skills, PC to PC I don't think that counts for as much as it might with NPCs.

But this is business, and Saltik knows a) putting a gun to a Mandalorian's head ends badly for the guy with the gun. And b) that in order to negotiate one has to start high and work their way down. Patience, the deal you might want is coming...

IC: "Well, he isn't stupid... nor as well funded as I expected or he'd have hardly flinched at accepting this offer.

Dar'yaim motioned outside the camera's view for a moment.

"Here is an amendment on my offer. If you want the crystals I would be willing to offer 10,000. In exchange I'd get 7,000 credits and use of that one ship for a short time. This is my final offer, and it is quite a steal. Remember, I am your best, and only, source for large quantities of crystal, no one else would trade you this much and as you said, tech is even more valuable. Crystals are the bringers of tech, and so fetch quite a few credits."

Dar'yaim stood again, bringing his full figure still in armor and mask, out from behind his desk and into the image. Not to intimidate, but to indicate that this transaction should be nearly sealed.

"To put it bluntly sir, I am taking a risk trusting you to actually send me that ship and I don't know you. If we seal this deal, then perhaps in future transactions we can be more amenable to one another."

"if all you wanted was credits, that would be no issue" He said plainly.

"My ships have many secrets, even 1 used in the manner you are asking, leaving my men who fly it... all who are family to me, stranded, may be worth more then your entire state has in Credits, Metal, food, and Crystal combined." He continued.

"You risk, what if I never get my ship back.... What if I lose men, just because a DEAL went bad..." He said grimicing at this situation. He truly wanted to make friends in the galaxy, clients the more people that trusted him the better, but he would not walk into a terrible deal..... one that put his mens lives at risk, for such little gain.

"I am sorry, but this deal, IS concluded... I do not work with out operational control, with out SERIOUS compensation, it is to dangerous for the lives of my men... this venture is no longer mutually profitable" Saltik says bowing once more, and then cutting the transmission.

"if all you wanted was credits, that would be no issue" He said plainly.

"My ships have many secrets, even 1 used in the manner you are asking, leaving my men who fly it... all who are family to me, stranded, may be worth more then your entire state has in Credits, Metal, food, and Crystal combined." He continued.

"You risk, what if I never get my ship back.... What if I lose men, just because a DEAL went bad..." He said grimicing at this situation. He truly wanted to make friends in the galaxy, clients the more people that trusted him the better, but he would not walk into a terrible deal..... one that put his mens lives at risk, for such little gain.

"I am sorry, but this deal, IS concluded... I do not work with out operational control, with out SERIOUS compensation, it is to dangerous for the lives of my men... this venture is no longer mutually profitable" Saltik says bowing once more, and then cutting the transmission.

"A pity."

As the transmission ends Dar'yaim looks back on the deal and thinks hard. Perhaps it wasn't wise to let loose such a potential revenue stream in the face of dealings with the Republic. But while the credits would have been helpful, Crystal is too valuable to be giving away to every stuck-up Noble who wished to throw his money around and Dar'yaim desperately needed a new weapon to throw against the Republic should they come to blows.

"Ensign, make sure we have a means to reach him again."

This deal fell through, but it would likely not be the last time they would come across one another. And this man might be better to have on his side when that time comes.

"Ensign, have Mechis III prepare 2,000 crystals and see that they are delivered."

Also on the Farewell Coalition combat, it looks like it MAY be a bit rougher for them then initial thoughts, the Mines will have a serious effect on them. Thankfully their air troops will help out a lot in getting the enemy down. The choke points COULD be collapsed by either side, and if the CIS does so then it will severly slow down the Coalition. The chances of Reinforcements arriving increasing dramatically.

Once the initial bombs go off though, I do see the Coalition adapting to it, I am sure at LEAST some of their guys are more then capable of disarming them.... but again that will take time..

Edit: we will handle it tomorow Silenceo... Sorry I know you are busy... we will also deal with the rest of the other stuff then to, there isnt much to do besides update and then go from there. Most of my stuff from yesterday has finally met fruition.... We'll also deal with Von'fol later as well... Edited by tunewalker

*Week 4*

Results of Week 3:

The Farewell Coalition: Waged war on the Gall CIS occupation.

Skill points Earned:

The Farewell Coalition: +5 (For fighting to liberate a people)

Outcomes:

Liberation of Gall: While the CIS were prepared to put down a rebellion, they were not prepared for an army. While their mines initially caused casualties, once their base was reached it was a massacre, droid parts everywhere. CIS forces decimated. FC casualties: 1,000 black sun soldiers, 100 droideka MK-II's, 10 TX fighter tanks, 10 Nemisis Gunships, 500 Light troops. While the majority of the battle went in their favor, the group of Light troopers were ambushed by the squad of Magnaguards within a cave system that was a quick route to the enclave. Using their programming and experience gathered from fighting Jedi, the squad was able to pick them off rapidly. It was only when the tanks of the FC collapsed the cave when the last soldier fell, that the Magnaguard was defeated. T-series was destroyed in the cave in as well, cutting off calls for aide.

*Accidentally overwrote the rest when making the Week 5 update... sorry for those reading late!*

Edited by Silenceo