Rishi Datacrons need to be Legacy Bound

Icykill_

The amount of time (aprox 6-7 hours) it takes to get them for one toon is ridiculous... When you have 17 toons the time it takes to get the Datacrons for all of them is stupid

It's not even like you are able to anything much while you wait for 6 hours... And 5% spawn rate is not enough especially if there are other people waiting to to kill the same guy...

I read up on this quest on Dulfy and it seemed different and interesting so I thought if I happened to be in the area, I'd check it out.

Well, every time I run through the "detect datastreams" daily mission I have to drive by one of the spawn points for the named Grophets. I saw him there ONCE, got totally spanked by him because I underestimated him, and haven't seem him since. It's always a placeholder or, a few times, empty (someone else could've just been by).

To think that I have to find that spawn up, kill it, and then find two MORE spawns up and get THEIR doo-dads... it does seem like a lot of effort.

That said, there is a SORT of way around SOME of these kind of quests. On Hoth, I stumbled across the Ancient Probe Droid and got the thingie that you take to the starship to recharge the datacron. Knowing that after I charged it up the datacron would remain click-able by others for a little while, I moved my six level 40+ alts to the point that the datacron would appear. Then my main triggered it, got hers and logged off. Logged on, click datacron, log off. Got the datacron on like six character or so.

I've got four Rakata Energy Cubes to open the container for the datacron on Belsavis... just waiting for my last two level 40+ characters to get to that area and then I'll try to have all of THEM get that datacron, too.

I believe I read on Dulfy that the Rishi datacron horde appears for everyone to click... so it might be possible to do that ---- move every alt to that area and then trigger it and character-swap quickly.

I read up on this quest on Dulfy and it seemed different and interesting so I thought if I happened to be in the area, I'd check it out.

Well, every time I run through the "detect datastreams" daily mission I have to drive by one of the spawn points for the named Grophets. I saw him there ONCE, got totally spanked by him because I underestimated him, and haven't seem him since. It's always a placeholder or, a few times, empty (someone else could've just been by).

To think that I have to find that spawn up, kill it, and then find two MORE spawns up and get THEIR doo-dads... it does seem like a lot of effort.

That said, there is a SORT of way around SOME of these kind of quests. On Hoth, I stumbled across the Ancient Probe Droid and got the thingie that you take to the starship to recharge the datacron. Knowing that after I charged it up the datacron would remain click-able by others for a little while, I moved my six level 40+ alts to the point that the datacron would appear. Then my main triggered it, got hers and logged off. Logged on, click datacron, log off. Got the datacron on like six character or so.

I've got four Rakata Energy Cubes to open the container for the datacron on Belsavis... just waiting for my last two level 40+ characters to get to that area and then I'll try to have all of THEM get that datacron, too.

I believe I read on Dulfy that the Rishi datacron horde appears for everyone to click... so it might be possible to do that ---- move every alt to that area and then trigger it and character-swap quickly.

thats an exploit. it is intended that you grind it out for every single character

thats an exploit. it is intended that you grind it out for every single character

Really?

So if/when anyone opens up the datacron's it is considered an "EXPLOIT" if anyone other than the person who opened them clicks on them with the exact same character he spawned them?

Sorry - but that is complete and utter tosh.

If it was meant that way then you'd have to spawn them inside your own instance to stop others clicking.

I'm assuming you've just made the "it's an exploit" up - anything else you want to declare an exploit?

Oh and no, they don't need to be legacy bound like all the other datacrons.

If you want them, you go get them, but if you decide not to you're not unduly penalised.

If it were game changing that you have them then I'd understand the argument - but plenty of people cope perfectly well without collecting them.

Really?

So if/when anyone opens up the datacron's it is considered an "EXPLOIT" if anyone other than the person who opened them clicks on them with the exact same character he spawned them?

If it was meant that way then you'd have to spawn them inside your own instance to stop others clicking.

I'm assuming you've just made the "it's an exploit" up - anything else you want to declare an exploit?

Exactly. He thinks it's cheating so it's an exploit. If what was described is an exploit, then so is Sorc/Sage pulling a character to a datacron, or to the Cartel Bazaar sniper.

I don't think it's an exploit and I haven't heard them saying it is. I think it's neat that it takes someone on the island to follow the treasure map to uncover the lost pirate booty that only stays until dark (server reset) before disappearing and must be discovered again.

Also, no Legacy Datacrons, if you want them on each character then get them on each character.

I like this idea... But don't you need to get teleported somewhere?

The amount of time (aprox 6-7 hours) it takes to get them for one toon is ridiculous... When you have 17 toons the time it takes to get the Datacrons for all of them is stupid

It's not even like you are able to anything much while you wait for 6 hours... And 5% spawn rate is not enough especially if there are other people waiting to to kill the same guy...

You park all your toons at the rock, then keep switching them, the datacrons stay up for quite a while once opened.

All I'm saying is that the Rishi Datacrons (only) should be legacy bound... Maybe only if you have legacy 50... It's just too time consuming to do it for all your characters...

Play smarter, not harder... as has already been explained regarding the Rishi Datacrons.

And no, they should not be the only ones bound, none of them should be. It has to be all or none, and right now it's none (as it should be and as far as we know how it will stay), cuz if you do one then that opens the door for even more entitlement threads.

Play smarter, not harder... as has already been explained regarding the Rishi Datacrons.

And no, they should not be the only ones bound, none of them should be. It has to be all or none, and right now it's none (as it should be and as far as we know how it will stay), cuz if you do one then that opens the door for even more entitlement threads.

Cause if they did then no one would ask you for help with Datacrons as your sig suggest? :)

Also suggesting it take skill not grind to get datacrons. Lol I'm pretty sure the OP would demolish you (and me) in some PvP which takes real skill. It's the same thing with those who are opposed to 12xp and any convenience in a form of entertainment. Again grind isn't skill. Just because you will be put out of business (lol) in the Datacron guide area doesn't mean the end of the world.

Edited by FerkWork

I went through the treasure hunt on my main the first day and it was pretty fun...right up until the final clickable rock bugged out and wasn't clickable. Totally disheartening. Switching instances before you click the second to last object until you find an instance where the final rock comes up clickable is the only way to avoid that hardship if you are going to run the whole hunt. Switching after the beam of light section (second to last) is no help.

You only get all of the associated achievements and titles if you run the hunt all the way through, so if you are into that, keep that in mind with the following. If you don't care about that and just want the stat boosts, just do what I did after I got thoroughly pissed off at the rock bug my first time:

-Gather all of your 55+ toons (much lower than that and you'll have a really tedious slog past the various mobs) and plant them on the cliff just above where the final rock is.

-Go back to questing through Rishi and forget about the crons.

-At some point, someone else will go through the hunt, the rock won't bug out on them and they'll uncover the datacrons. Then they or someone else who comes across them will let genchat know and which instance. The crons stay exposed for an hour so.

-Cycle through the toons you planted on the cliff, hop down, and gather them up.

I got them on all 11 of my 55+ toons that way in the span of about fifteen minutes or so. I've also re-gathered the insanely low drop-rate items needed to run the hunt over the past 4 months so that I can one day return the favor when my other 10 toons reach 55.

You'd have to be insane to go through the hunt on every toon with the current critical item drop rates.

As for Legacy datacrons, I'd be for it if you were required to unlock them all on both factions the hard way first (across at least one toon of each faction, but could be any number, as it would be tracked across Legacy. I suppose you could alternately be able to unlock them by faction, if you only run toons on one side.), and then the price to unlock them for all current & future toons was, say ten million credits or 1500 cc or pay per toon like with other perks (half for each faction). Whatever.

If I could go back in time and use such a perk, I would in a heartbeat. After the first couple of toons, getting all of them for each new alt is really, really boring. We can already do something similar with HK-51 (go through the questline once and then pay to unlock him for each toon), and he breaks the single player game for the first three leveling worlds (he can solo for you while you read or play CandyCrush). I don't imagine the stat boosts from the crons are really any more gamebreaking.

And no one is a special snowflake for getting all the crons "legit" on every new toon. I've done it on 8 and I think that's more than enough keyboard Super Mario hoops to jump through to prove i have video game OCD. If future players get to do it on one or two toons and then pay to unlock them for their alts, I don't care. Removing future players' pointless grinding in this instance doesn't detract from my own achievements.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

Really?

They intended for each character to do the quest. getting around that is an exploit. any player can see this. it was set up this way for a reason

Exactly. He thinks it's cheating so it's an exploit. If what was described is an exploit, then so is Sorc/Sage pulling a character to a datacron, or to the Cartel Bazaar sniper.

the devs set the mechanism up so you had to do it for each character...you are getting around that mechanism..that is an exploit..simple

If the devs meant for it to be done through only the full treasure hunt once per every single toon, the crons WOULDN'T BE exposed for an hour, while visible to and reachable by everyone else in the instance.

Dude, if you want to make things harder on yourself and do the entire hunt on every toon (which we all know you haven't, don't, and won't actually do :rolleyes:), go for it, but the rest of the playerbase, that doesn't want to play the game with whatever masochistic restrictions you insist be self-imposed so that you can sparkle that much brighter as a special snowflake, has better uses for their time.

If the devs meant for it to be done through only the full treasure hunt once per every single toon, the crons WOULDN'T BE exposed for an hour, while visible to and reachable by everyone else in the instance.

Dude, if you want to make things harder on yourself and do the entire hunt on every toon (which we all know you haven't, don't, and won't actually do :rolleyes:), go for it, but the rest of the playerbase, that doesn't want to play the game with whatever masochistic restrictions you insist be self-imposed so that you can sparkle that much brighter as a special snowflake, has better uses for their time.

if the devs hadnt wanted everyone to get the reward for the final boss of ravagers, they wouldnt have made it do that and left it for month+. but wait, that was an exploit. so why do you feel this isnt?

the devs set the mechanism up so you had to do it for each character...you are getting around that mechanism..that is an exploit..simple

Where are you getting this information? Who told you that the datacron "quest" is deisgned to be run by every single character, seperately?

Next you'll be telling me that you cannot group up to collect the other datacrons, that me, sage pulling people to other datacrons is an exploit.

if the devs hadnt wanted everyone to get the reward for the final boss of ravagers, they wouldnt have made it do that and left it for month+. but wait, that was an exploit. so why do you feel this isnt?

For one thing, they haven't said it is. "Exploit" is defined by the folks who run the game, not you.

Where are you getting this information? Who told you that the datacron "quest" is deisgned to be run by every single character, seperately?

Next you'll be telling me that you cannot group up to collect the other datacrons, that me, sage pulling people to other datacrons is an exploit.

who told you cortanni should only give out rewards to players that kill her?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.