A good use for excess basic comms?

TitusKolobok

I have a couple chars at 60, I've been doing rep dailies with.. Aside from helping my Alts with mods, or trying to sell lower level gear from comm vendors on the GTN, is there any good use for them? It seems I'm always hovering near the max limit even after fully gearing up an alt..

I buy the Artifact level 50 gear boxes from the Corellia vendors for 36 comms each. You get a level 50 purple gear piece that sells for 9-10k per box. You also have the chance to get the rare Crate-O-Matic. I usually spend them on these so I can get a few extra credits which is nice. Other than this I see nothing else to spend them on since you can get full 192 gear for companions unless you have alts to gear in 186 gear.

I buy the Artifact level 50 gear boxes from the Corellia vendors for 36 comms each. You get a level 50 purple gear piece that sells for 9-10k per box. You also have the chance to get the rare Crate-O-Matic. I usually spend them on these so I can get a few extra credits which is nice. Other than this I see nothing else to spend them on since you can get full 192 gear for companions unless you have alts to gear in 186 gear.

Crate-o-matics drop from the highest possible purple crates. They havent dropped from lvl 50 artifact boxes since 2.0

Isn't stuff you buy from commendation vendors "bind on pickup"?

The 186 gear is (same for higher levels if you move on to looking for ways to spend excess Elite or Ultimate Comms), but that's where Legacy gear comes in handy - pull the mods out and slot them into a piece of Legacy gear, send it on over to your alt, pull the mods out again and slot them into whatever companion's armor you want (or just equip the companion with the Legacy gear).

Edited by DarthDymond

The 186 gear is (same for higher levels if you move on to looking for ways to spend excess Elite or Ultimate Comms), but that's where Legacy gear comes in handy - pull the mods out and slot them into a piece of Legacy gear, send it on over to your alt, pull the mods out again and slot them into whatever companion's armor you want (or just equip the companion with the Legacy gear).

Expensive, but effective.

Crate-o-matics drop from the highest possible purple crates. They havent dropped from lvl 50 artifact boxes since 2.0

For clarity, what do you mean by "highest possible purple crates", you mean highest level? I'm assuming you mean level 55? Just curious, as I'd like to try grabbing these and trying my luck.

Thx in advance!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.