Do you stop boosting as you pick up TDM powerups?

Nemarus

Too often, I've tried boosting through a TDM powerup only to have me fail to pick it up. So these days I always slow down, even if it means I have to pay the boost-startup cost an extra time.

It's very annoying--does it happen to anyone else?

That being said, even slowing down, I still encounter the occasional powerup (usually DO) that cannot be picked up no matter how many passes I make through it.

If no one is around me absolutely yes. However I always check the minimap while approaching the powerup, if anyone is close to getting it I just keep my foot on the gas.

The bug that doesn't let you pick up the powerup happens a lot less then you actually picking it up. So statistically I have a higher chance of getting it before the other guy if I just don't slow down.

YES, I do this 100% of the time. Right as I touch the powerup, I move my finger from boost to max throttle, and then boost again. The few times I need to risk boosting over them are fraught with disappointment. I always do this. I recommend everyone who has this issue do this.

10% of the time, it infuriates me 10000%. Simple math shows that the bug occurs 1000% of the time.

Though admittedly, when you lose the powerup to the guy who didn't slow down, it is also 10000% infuriating--even when it's an ally! It's happened to me a lot recently.

When i am the only one near by, i usually slow down just to refill my engine pool and get the maximum of the powerup duration (providing its not the engine powerup).

Another question - does the conversion and powerup regen bonus stack ? I dont think so, but i am not sure.

When i am the only one near by, i usually slow down just to refill my engine pool and get the maximum of the powerup duration (providing its not the engine powerup).

Another question - does the conversion and powerup regen bonus stack ? I dont think so, but i am not sure.

If by conversion you mean power management.. Yes they do. Power-to-Weapon/Shield + Engine Overcharge = Power-to-Engine.... Same goes for the others I guess.

just to make it clear for me - if u pick engine overcharge, its worth to switch to power-to-engine so u will have another 50% engine regen, so you will have 150% bonus engine regen (100% from overcharge and 50% from power managment), right ? And in this case the speed buff should stack too (30% speed from overcharge and 20% from power managment) Edited by DarthMeridian

just to make it clear for me - if u pick engine overcharge, its worth to switch to power-to-engine so u will have another 50% engine regen, so you will have 150% bonus engine regen (100% from overcharge and 50% from power managment), right ? And in this case the speed buff should stack too (30% speed from overcharge and 20% from power managment)

I'm not sure it is additive.. It may be multiplicative.. But it is still worth it