The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kwerty! What're you doing!?

SkyCakeLight

So, I logged on for the first time in several months today. Jumped on my Pyto PT, ready to light some stuff up! While in my ship, I notice my dummy is looking at me funny. So, I obviously light it on fire! I'm going through my old rotation, and notice it seemed... off. My ability isn't proccing! No big deal, heat didn't seem to suffer too much against a stationary dummy with no mechanics. Then I notice, FF isn't hitting as hard, either. So, I go through my enrage rotation and even though not parsing, notice a decrease.

Really, kind of being dramatic. Anyways, I decide to read some patch notes and see what's going on. Then, head to Dulfy and notice.... Kwerty! You haven't updated your DPS PT guide! Haha, totally being facetious. Has our rotation changed? I never did use two FBs after rail shot, but I'm guessing without the proc, I probably shouldn't use two FBs after RS anyways. And, has our gearing changed any? Give me the numbers, Kwerty!

Thanks!

Yeah Kwerty, **** you!

That's the spirit! We're coming for you, Kwerty! Pictchforks and everything! Did you think this was a game for fun? And, that you knowledge you've provided thus far came without consequences!?

Edit: My new rotation because of no updated guide by Kwerty is!

FS x20 > Vent > FS x4 > Jump on box > Cant See Target > Jump off box > FS until dizzy

If the dummy had an enrage timer, I'd probably load my shoulder cannon and use it after I jump off the box x4. Sometimes, I'll throw in a flying FF, too. Jump > FF while in mid flight.

Much love <3

Edited by SkyCakeLight

I'll be fake Kwerty (better than the real!):

Technically Flame Sweep always worked. Explosive surge still doesn't on the PTS though :mad:

Anyway, the proper use of resources in 3.1.1 is to have every second flamethrower only have 2 stacks in a single target rotation, and swapping the third Flaming Fist for a Flame Sweep in an AoE rotation as to have both flamethrowers @ 3 stacks.

So Single Target is

SCORCH

INCENDIARY MISSILE

FLAMETHROWER

FLAMING FIST

RAIL SHOT

FLAME BURST

IMMOLATE

FLAME BURST

RAPID SHOTS

FLAMING FIST

INCENDIARY MISSILE

FLAMETHROWER

RAPID SHOTS

RAIL SHOT

FLAMING FIST

IMMOLATE

FLAME BURST

RAPID SHOTS

and AoE is

SCORCH

INCENDIARY MISSILE

FLAMETHROWER

FLAMING FIST

RAIL SHOT

FLAME BURST

IMMOLATE

FLAME SWEEP

RAPID SHOTS

RAPID SHOTS

INCENDIARY MISSILE

FLAMETHROWER

FLAMING FIST

RAIL SHOT

FLAME SWEEP

IMMOLATE

FLAME SWEEP

RAPID SHOTS

Thank you, fake Kwerty! I could probably fit that rotation in after the 15th FS.

In all seriousness, why a rapid shots to end the first rotation? And, I thought I read something about a 2 stack FT being in the rotation, now. But, I'm not seeing a 2 stack FT. I'd test it if my server was online.

I was asleep the whole time! I just got up!

Anyway I have a nice big amount of work to do today, including making new pictures, new vids, and rewriting half the guide and then translating it.

And thanks Zoltan for tracking down the post where I put the new rotation up, saved me time having to find it.

In all seriousness, why a rapid shots to end the first rotation? And, I thought I read something about a 2 stack FT being in the rotation, now. But, I'm not seeing a 2 stack FT. I'd test it if my server was online.

Rapid shots at the end of the first rotation or you overheat. The second half of the single target rotation has 1 flame burst + 2 rapid shots instead of the pre 3.1.1's 2 flame bursts / 1 filler, meaning the second flamethrower in a single target rotation is only 2-stacks. Oh and you can't use resource cooldowns to make it 3 stacks cause you already need them to make the flamethrower under the set bonus proc a 3-stack one.

Edited by TACeMossie

I was asleep the whole time! I just got up!

Anyway I have a nice big amount of work to do today, including making new pictures, new vids, and rewriting half the guide and then translating it.

Kwerty! I hope you enjoyed you over zealous (that word totally works there) nap!

I'm looking forward to your updated guide! They're fun to read. Though, this time, we don't need a picture of your and Mako's private getaway. Sorry! I had way too much coffee today...

Thank you for all your work and commitment to PT's! Really, haha. I'm in a silly mood, but I do mean that! Gah, my mind is swimming with facetious and silly things to type... /resists

Edit: Replying to your edit with an edit! Thank you for the info. I probably shouldn't have spent my time online talking to Torian about you, and instead should have been feeling out the changes and possible rotations. Haha, time well spent, I think.

Edited by SkyCakeLight

it seemed... off. My ability isn't proccing! No big deal, heat didn't seem to suffer too much

It does though. I miss my procs :( .... as well as the ones I can use due to heat management "issues".

Pah, rapid shots is going to get used more :rolleyes:

Edit: My new rotation because of no updated guide by Kwerty is!

FS x20 > Vent > FS x4 > Jump on box > Cant See Target > Jump off box > FS until dizzy

If the dummy had a enrage timer, I'd probably load my shoulder cannon and use it after I jump off the box x4. Sometimes, I'll throw in a flying FF, too. Jump > FF while in mid flight.

This is the PvP rotation :p

Edited by Transcendent

• 1 year later...
Hi Kwerty,im lvling a PT/AP at the moment,60,and in Character Setup/More detailed Gearing of your guide you have 10 enhancements in all 3 lvls of gear...i only count 7 on gear...is it a mistake or something im missing there?my excuses in advance if i didnt understod something on the guide and come out with this doubt.Thank you for the time and care you put on the guides<and patience helping people out.