The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Toothless Vanguards and Power Techs.

Hossknight

:sul_confused::rak_02::rod_confused_g: I for one would like to know what the Devs have been drinking and smoking with the latest patch 3.1.1? Why in the hell would they take away 1 of 2 high damage/ high threat range attacks from these hybrid tanks. I hope any dps'ers whom are reading this, realize if they don't keep their aggro dumps on cool down are at risk being the Leeroy Jenkins of the group. Why in the hell would the devs nerf tank dps when they boosted dps'ers damage and threat by 25% at the Xpac. Hybrid tanks need full auto and unload to be given back to them so they can do what the class was design to do. Heavy hitting range tanks that can hold threat from the ID10t dps that like to go balls to the wall and not let tanks get threat first. Other wise we are just Pistol and Rifle carrying worthless range tanks. By nerfing these tanks, Bioware has pretty much screwed us from being able to complete dailies in a timely manner as well as run ops. Cause no one wants to run with a tank that can't hold threat.

HOT FIX THIS NERF NOW BIOWARE. DON'T WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY TO FIX IT

:wea_05:Xandertanker Lvl 60 <The Proteus>

:wea_07: Vanguard, Xandertech <Dark order of Proteus> Lvl 60 Powertech

tanks where never supposed to ever be using Full Auto/Unload

The only reason it was ever baseline trooper ability was because of a pre launch design decision to give out abilities pre level ten that showcase the two AC's different fighting styles.

With the 3.0 changes, it became optimal to use Full Auto for all trooper specs in endgame raiding, and it was giving Vanguards a advantage over the other AC. So it was nerfed.

This is a bit of a pain now. I love the Vanguard Class but now I no longer have Full Auto which is one of the best abilities for the Trooper. I hope that they decide to put Full Auto back on normal Trooper soon because I'm considering leaving my Trooper and playing as one of my other characters. The fact that this has effected the Bounty Hunter as well is annoying as well. So please bring Full Auto back to the normal classes.

• 3 weeks later...

TBH, Unload on a powertech looked a bit weird, somewhere between dramatic exaggeration and wanna-be-gangsta silliness.

Of course it sucks to lose our only DPS ability that involves actually firing our weapon (save for Heat Blast on Shield techs), but it really wasn't as useful as people make it out to be. And Vanguards actually use their weapon for many of their abilities, so it's a smaller loss for them.

Numbers-wise, removing unload is for the better. As for aesthetics, that's another story though.

if we need more pistol or rifle firing in our diet, the proper answer would be to change the animation of better abilities, like the silly Magnetic Blast, or even better, the horrid Ion pulse and Pulse cannon.

A rapid-fire "Spray and Pray" AOE ability instead of Pulse Cannon would make a lot more sense. Keep the pulses for the plasmatech specialization...

Edited by GabDube

tanks where never supposed to ever be using Full Auto/Unload

The only reason it was ever baseline trooper ability was because of a pre launch design decision to give out abilities pre level ten that showcase the two AC's different fighting styles.

With the 3.0 changes, it became optimal to use Full Auto for all trooper specs in endgame raiding, and it was giving Vanguards a advantage over the other AC. So it was nerfed.

For the first statement: Just because you keep repeating this doesn't make it true.

Second: Can you back that statement up?

Third: Yes, it gave pts a bit more damage from range than the other two tanks, but the ability wasn't what was making them do significantly more damage than the other tanks in pve or pvp. And how did it give advantages over merc/commando?

• 2 weeks later...

While I can't agree with Zoom that tanks would never use it, it's not a tanking ability. There's nothing that full auto/unload did for you as a tank besides MAYBE give you a significant threat boost from the damage output. That said, as a tank, you should be using taunts for that.

As far as backing up his statement, the devs have said repeatedly that the ability wasn't intended to be used for what it was used for and that, because of this, vanguard and powertech tanks were overperforming.

That said, did I use unload while tanking? You bet I did! It was savagely OP and it looked gnarly. We're there better uses of a global when I was actually trying to be a tank? Absolutely! And that's the point of the skills removal. It was sending mixed messages to tanks.

Trust us, you'll be fine. In fact, you'll probably be better than fine once you tune your rotation around not having it. Your defensive procs will be up more often and thus your damage profile will be smoother. And that's the point of taking, not killing it before it kills you (although that should be the end result if done correctly).