Struggling on Makeb

DarkCrossing

My toon is a lvl 52 Sith Sorc madness, and I am a subscriber. Right now I'm trying to defeat the Prototype Isotope Droid and can't manage to keep myself or companions alive long enough to do that. I'm relatively new to SWTOR, have no concept of "crafting" so any and all armor and weapons have come only from drops. What type armor, for my toon and pets should I be looking for at the GTN or are there armorers that sell the armor that I should have?

This prototype droid is just frustrating. I know what I have to do to destroy it, but I can usually only manage one round with it and never get to a second let alone a third! :( Between the rockets and defenders I can't keep my toon alive. My companions, including the healer always stay on the lower level and never follow me around to the top level and between dodging rockets and defenders up there, it's always bad news for me! ;):confused:

Make sure you have the makeb bolster activated

Put your companion on passive when you have to run up top to click on the turrets

You can aoe the little pests on the 1st floor after you finish clicking the turrets

Put companion on "attack" when you get back downstairs

Interrupt the droid when you can

Edited by Daxy

All the armor you need to complete the game is available through drops, quest rewards and as Basic Commendation purchases. You don't have to spend a single credit on gear while you level.

Crafting in this game is (with the possible exceptions of Biochem and Cybertech) almost entirely useless. If you don't want to have to learn about it, it won't hurt you.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

That droid is a huge pain. I can offer a few tips that might help you.

Set up a hot key to designate what target your companion attacks. that way you can control what he is doing and where he is.

Make sure you have hit the GSI bolster station. It will make your stats much better that fight much easier.

A problem I end up having is getting the consoles on the upper level then getting blasted when trying to channel then. I solved this by stopping just short of the consoles and waiting for the reticles to drop, then haul in and click and run away.

Don't be afraid to stop and heal. the fight will keep going as long as you need it to. It doesn't get easier when you take longer, but you get used to the groove of the fight and can handle it better.

Here I go showing my Noobness again! lol Bolster? Is that the box/panel that's near the shuttle/taxi and when you click it looks like it's targeting you? If it is I've already activated it. Does it need to be reactivated every so often or is it good the time I'm on Makeb?

Here I go showing my Noobness again! lol Bolster? Is that the box/panel that's near the shuttle/taxi and when you click it looks like it's targeting you? If it is I've already activated it. Does it need to be reactivated every so often or is it good the time I'm on Makeb?

It looks like a mission terminal and yes, it targets you and beeps and stuff; there is one at every hub/taxi pointe- where the quick travel, taxi, and medical droid are

It lasts awhile but if you die it might need to be reapplied (it's been a bit since I had toons on makeb)

Don't feel silly. I've been around since launch and I completely glossed over this. Didn't realize about them until I was saying how rough Makeb was to a guildie and he mentioned it. /facepalm

It looks like a mission terminal and yes, it targets you and beeps and stuff; there is one at every hub/taxi pointe- where the quick travel, taxi, and medical droid are

It lasts awhile but if you die it might need to be reapplied (it's been a bit since I had toons on makeb)

It lasts as long as you're on Makeb and don't die. If you go do FP or WZ then you need to reapply. Log out also causes this.

Edited by Halinalle