37 Crafting Materials List

Blockk

As the title mentions - is there one ? Can someone point me in the appropriate direction please

Looking for Mats needed for 37 Level Barrels and Hilts especially

Thanks

The biggest hurtle for ALL grade 37 crafted items is the Matter Trans-substatiator. Every grade 37 requires one MT. The other "exotic material" is Exonium. Far more common, but can still be tough to get. The rest of the materials are meaningless in comparison: scavenged metals and compounds and flux for barrels; and archaeology power crystals and artifact fragments and solution for hilts. All easily obtainable.

The issue with both MTs and Exo is that they cannot be posted to the GTN at the moment. Probably done on purpose, because it could have been remedied a long time ago and it has not been. MTs only drop off the final bosses in level 60 16man SM Ops and all level 60 HM OPs

The biggest hurtle for ALL grade 37 crafted items is the Matter Trans-substatiator. Every grade 37 requires one MT. The other "exotic material" is Exonium. Far more common, but can still be tough to get. The rest of the materials are meaningless in comparison: scavenged metals and compounds and flux for barrels; and archaeology power crystals and artifact fragments and solution for hilts. All easily obtainable.

The issue with both MTs and Exo is that they cannot be posted to the GTN at the moment. Probably done on purpose, because it could have been remedied a long time ago and it has not been. MTs only drop off the final bosses in level 60 16man SM Ops and all level 60 HM OPs

thanks - I have a couple MTs and a dozen exo, just wanted to know I was on track, thanks again

Per preliminary patch notes, they will be listable on the GTN in the next patch (3.1.1)...http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8062832#edit8062832

• 2 weeks later...

So I think a change is needed in some of the 37 crafting. The implants currently require 3 Matter Trans-substatiator to craft as opposed to the 1 needed for hilts/barrels.

With the value of the Matter Trans-substatiator on GTN vs the ease of getting an implant drop in an op, I feel that this is out of balance. I'd prefer it to require 1 but could understand argument for 2 being needed.

So I think a change is needed in some of the 37 crafting. The implants currently require 3 Matter Trans-substatiator to craft as opposed to the 1 needed for hilts/barrels.

With the value of the Matter Trans-substatiator on GTN vs the ease of getting an implant drop in an op, I feel that this is out of balance. I'd prefer it to require 1 but could understand argument for 2 being needed.

Personally, I think requiring a MT at all for ANY 192 is too high. Think about it: the only way to get an MT is via 16man SM or 8man or 16man HM final bosses. This means that one has to be nearly full 192 anyway to get the material to craft 192 gear.

I would hope that this is simply a miscalculation by the Devs; that they either thought that more would run 16man (at this point not worth the bugs and lag), or that they based the 192 requirements off of 198 requirements (to be implemented later).

Worst case, is that the devs "got it right" and are actively trying to discourage crafting of these tiers of gear.

Well, you you use three items (barrel/hilt, mod, and enhancement) for a MH/OH slot, so if you look at it that way, to get the full BiS stats for a slot (and assuming mods/enhs are 1 also), the cost is the same.

Are the stats that implants provide comparable to a 3 item piece though? Not at home to check currently.

The static stat pieces have less total stats than moddable pieces.

Resurrected implant and ear pieces have a total stat allotment of 732 (DPS/heals: 244 end, 222 main stat, 156 and 111 in secondary stats in various combinations). An optimized set bonus piece (unlettered mod and low endurance enhancement) has a total of 818 (278 end, 273 main stat, 156 and 111 in secondary stats in various combination). So the secondary stat allotment is the same but moddable gear gets a bump in endurance and main stat).

Edited by psandak

Personally, I think requiring a MT at all for ANY 192 is too high. Think about it: the only way to get an MT is via 16man SM or 8man or 16man HM final bosses. This means that one has to be nearly full 192 anyway to get the material to craft 192 gear.

I would hope that this is simply a miscalculation by the Devs; that they either thought that more would run 16man (at this point not worth the bugs and lag), or that they based the 192 requirements off of 198 requirements (to be implemented later).

Worst case, is that the devs "got it right" and are actively trying to discourage crafting of these tiers of gear.

I've become convinced that there were just miscalculations made in an effort to make it "easier" to gear up this tier. The ease of gearing through 56-60 content and being in full 186 comm gear was just so insanely easy that it imbalanced everything in the 186-192-198 gear line. At this point, I'd rather they just focus on the next tier and knock it out of the park because it's too late to do anything with the current tier now.

And now we will be getting 190 Gear from Ziost which is of Mk-2 variety.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Those who purely solo get a significant upgrade from the 178 they got from SOR or the 186 from basic comms, but it is not a new tier to grind that those who do group up (FP or OP).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.