stop it with the Coy-Weasel marketing

anonnn

The promotional email for the color crystals arrived today (March 3rd), and it's titled:

. . . . . "Want Exclusive Color Crystals This March?"

Like other highly intelligent people, I almost immediately realized:

. . . . . Oh hey it's already March !

but upon reading the email in detail, I further realized:

. . . . . Oh, it's not until the very last day of March. . . . :(

It seems like we're just being toyed with, by this coy-weasel marketing style. Promising something that sounds like we can get it now, but no it's not for essentially an entire month from now.

How obnoxious. More thought should be put into this junk communication. An intelligent marketer would say "Want Color Crystals This April?" and then launch it the first week of April.

And then there would be "highly intelligent people" like you, who would complain in the second week of April that they did not get the goodies, even though it says "in April" when it was already given in the first week.

But keep up your threads... They are almost as entertaining as slaying wookiee.

Edited by JPryde

You mean op they advertise a march exclusive at that start of march to give people time to sub before the dead line at the end of march.. how could this be.. :rolleyes:

Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one!

"Want Exclusive Color Crystals Last Day of March? Choose Your Path!‏" or "Want Exclusive Color Crystals the Last Day of This Month? Choose Your Path!‏" really doesn't have the same ring to it. The email's subject wasn't exactly fantastic in the first place, being entirely spesific would make it worse imo. Edited by Pscyon

Issue seems to be on your end.

you're going to make me say it..fine.

I was making the point that there is mostly stupidity here, not so much rage. To a) not read when it will be release b) expect it within 72 hours of being "march" is rather absurd/asinine/stupid.

hence you misspelled stupid as rage...:o

jokes on me i guess.

The promotional email for the color crystals arrived today (March 3rd), and it's titled:

It seems like we're just being toyed with, by this coy-weasel marketing style. Promising something that sounds like we can get it now, but no it's not for essentially an entire month from now.

How obnoxious. More thought should be put into this junk communication. An intelligent marketer would say "Want Color Crystals This April?" and then launch it the first week of April.

The last time they advertised something the way you're describing we had lots of complaints because people read the email too late and lost out.

They actually have a good reason for doing it this way.

I'm not being a defender here, this is just one of those times where phrasing it as March is a good idea and April a fairly bad one.

Yeah... what a bunch of stupids, it should be more like:

"Hey valued gamer, want a set of free crystals? Subscribe by 10pm tonight and get four free crystals tomorrow afternoon! A special pack for returning subscribers will be discounted for the next 4 hours!"

... followed by a torrent of rage on Reddit and everywhere else as people complain that they weren't given nearly enough time to take advantage of the promo.

... because you know that would happen... because it already has. Nearly every time they have run a promotion to get free stuff if you subscribe/purchase/whatever by some date, they've gotten a wave of whining that players didn't have enough time due to budgets, vacations, lazy email checking, alien abductions, etc. When they gave out pre-order goodies for RotHC, they put out the notice months in advance and people whined and whined and whined that they missed their chance.

... and now you come here and complain that they gave you too much time to take advantage? We seriously are the most impossible to please community in gaming. At some point, people need to start looking in the mirror and thinking about whether their whining is actually justified or if they're just doing it because the community says its cool and they want to be cool.

Seriously? I've been gone for six months and you people are still complaining about things like this? :(
Doesn't matter how long you've been gone... somebody will always be complaining about something stupid.

I am more concerned about them giving us an "exclusive" crystal that looks almost the same as something you can buy from gtn for few creds.

From what I read it isn't just a single crystal it's crystals one of each type available.

Strange, the email I received clearly states that the "Promotion ends March 29, 2015*"

..also last time I looked at a calendar there were 31 days in March

Edited by Mavolio

Strange, the email I received clearly states that the "Promotion ends March 29, 2015*"

Both the Email and the site clearly says that it ends march 29th and the crystals will be sent out on or around the 31st.

I honestly don't get what he is complaining about. It's clearly set up this way to give as many people as possible the chance to purchase a subscription.

Edited by Anaesha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.