Operations Forum - Speed Run Challenge

Fantastic run!

Quick thing as I watch this. Your time seems to be a touch off at the intro. I have the combat state as red at 38:56, not 58.

Edit: On the other hand, you dramatically overshot the end. The end was the first frame of black screen, which I clocked at 59:18

This gives you a final time of 20min 22sec and easily the world record.

Edited by Death_By_Smiley

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic run!

Quick thing as I watch this. Your time seems to be a touch off at the intro. I have the combat state as red at 38:56, not 58.

Edit: On the other hand, you dramatically overshot the end. The end was the first frame of black screen, which I clocked at 59:18

This gives you a final time of 20min 22sec and easily the world record.

Cool, my bad with the ending thing i wasn't sure when it was "done".

Cool, my bad with the ending thing i wasn't sure when it was "done".

Not a problem. A couple teams have thought it was when they looted. In most raids, I can go off the combat marker either disappearing or turning yellow or the bosses HP hitting zero.

This doesn't work with Coratanni, since the black screen's duration will vary from computer to computer (hence why I use the first frame of the black screen).

Other special ending timers will be:

Revan - Machine Core hitting zero will work, but combat can continue due to purple circles.

Lotek'k (TFB) - I will probably go off black screen again, though I may base it off the "sucking in" animation.

Just a head's up. Guilds will have 48 hours after the deadline to submit times, so Thursday is the deadline for Europe (mid-day) and the Americas (morning). The UTC clock however must display a time BEFORE server reset. This means if you record after server reset, it will not count.

Hey Mikey, upon reviewing your video, I have to bump your end time back one second. I go off the first FULLY black frame. I sent several times trying to go as close to frame by frame as Twitch will let me, and whenever I paused at ...:27, I could still see something (it was dark, but not black). Whenever I get a fully black screen, it's after UTC clock hit ...:28

Super minor thing, just wanted to let you know why your time would be one second longer than expected.

The Ravagers Speed Run Submission:

Time: 20:37

1) SM Ravagers

2) The Grey

3) Republic

4) The Shadowlands

5) 3/13 - 12:45:12

6) 3/13 - 1:05:49

7)

8) 1 tank / 1 heal / 6 dps

Edited by Gdpryzr

Okay guys! That's Session 1. You have 48 hours to get in ANY late submissions, but they MUST be completed BEFORE 12 noon March 17, 2015 UTC time.

Session 2 is now on! Best of luck with Temple of Sacrifice. I will be updating the first page with the new info.

Remember, there is a new rule this week where you must submit your time within 72 hours of it's completion to count.

Just an FYI, I realize that the points system would discourage guilds who can't pull a top time from participating. As such, I am changing the points system rule to the following:

4) Points will be assigned and an overall "Fastest Guild" leaderboard will be maintained. The Leaderboards for each op will have a top 5. 1st place each operation is worth 12 points, 2nd = 9 points, 3rd = 7, 4=6, 5=5. There is a seperate leaderboard for each difficulty. This means you could theoretically earn 36 points in an operation, with 12 in SM, HM, and NiM. When an operation comes up for a second time, all points are lost. Additionally, every team that submits a time not in the top 5 will receive 3 points. This is to encourage participation even when your guild may not be competitive (Note, the three point bonus will only be applied to SM for current tier HM content due to the very low clearance rate of that content. All other content will give 3 points for submissions at any difficulty level, allowing 9 participation points if all three tiers are completed).

If you believe this is unfair, or would like to see the points balance changed, let me know and defend your argument.

Hello again,

IX Kohorta reporting our first attempt on ToS. Not a bright one but we will get this better. It's a start :D

a) Temple of Sacrifice 8M Story Mode

b) IX Kohorta www.9kohorta.com

c) Empire

d) Tomb of Freedon Nadd

e) Start Time (UTC) : 20:11:27 , Tuesday , 17th march 2015

f) End Time (UTC) : 20:58:43 , Tuesday , 17th march 2015

g) http://www.twitch.tv/bzayko/c/6345708

h) Group composition: 1 tank, 1 tank/dps, 4 dps, 2 healers

Time of the run: 47 min 16 sec.

The grace period for Session #1 has ended!

Here are the final standings:

Story Mode

1. The Chandrian - 20min 22sec - The Shadowlands

2. The Grey - 20 min 37sec - The Shadowlands

3. T H U N D E R - 21min 57sec - Red Eclipse

4. Knights of Havoc - 22min 29sec - Jedi Covenant

5. Triumph - 24min 52sec - The Shadowlands

No Hard Mode times were submitted. I will update the leaderboards with points soon!

The grace period for Session #1 has ended!

Here are the final standings:

Story Mode

1. The Chandrian - 20min 22sec - The Shadowlands

2. The Grey - 20 min 37sec - The Shadowlands

3. T H U N D E R - 21min 57sec - Red Eclipse

4. Knights of Havoc - 22min 29sec - Jedi Covenant

5. Triumph - 24min 52sec - The Shadowlands

No Hard Mode times were submitted. I will update the leaderboards with points soon!

Since I was part of The Chandrian's Speed Run, I will contribute a hypercrate to the second place team, The Grey. We'll sort out the details over PM or in-game since we are on the same server.

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated.

For this, upcoming contest - Temple of Sacrifice - I will again offer a hypercrate to the guild who posts the fastest time for SM.

Just the one so far, but I hope there are a lot more as my guild, Thunder, had a lot of fun doing the speed run on ravagers even although we basically knew we couldn't win.

I for one would encourage guilds to participate even if they know they cannot win as the challenge a speed run puts on you makes something which you can clear easily as a guild fun again

1. Temple of Sacrifice SM
  2. THUNDER
  3. Imperial
  4. The Red Eclipse
  5. 23/03/15, 21:50:03
  6. 23/03/15, 22:19:07

7. 1 Tank 6 DPS 1 Heal

Definitely not our best run, but had a couple last minute dropouts and changes, figured we'd at least get a time on the board. Even did better on last week's test run on alts :D

Hopefully we can improve upon it by next week :p

Hey, I saw your last vid about taking a break from the game to focus on work/school. Will this mean this project is cancelled or will another person be taking it over?

I don't need to play the game to watch videos (also, didn't kill my sub). I'm just not raiding right now because it's a 10+ hour a week time investment for the team I raid with, which given I'm at a key juncture in my Ph.D. program, I can't make for a while. I'm not quitting the game, just taking a break. Doing this is nowhere near a 10+ hour commitment, especially given the very low volume of submissions.

My major concern right now is we have 3 submissions with 2 days left.

Hey Smiley,

Check the Knights of Havoc video again, it wasn't 35:28 it was 25:28 you added 10 min to the run (the whole video is only 26min long.

Also have you thought about including the flashpoints in this? maybe faster time doing a kaon? or somethign?

Again thanks for doing this!

Edited by Mikey