Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Alacrity

TitusOfTides

So I've been looking at the numbers and I realize that in Ataru form, with Fury/Zen active you get a 30% alacrity boost - on top of the 3% from your discipline path - giving us a total of 33% alacrity with no mods. To put this fact into perspective, on my Sorc/Sage I get to at most about 32.x% (stacking all alacrity, and when my 20% boost is up for 10-15s, and I also have my 5% alac buff triggered as well).

It is a little known fact that alacrity is the new king, so I was wondering if anyone has tried to go with the flow here and stack even more alacrity on top of that beautiful % we're getting. I'm guessing that (fully geared) it would be around 40-45% alacrity... which is about a 50% speed boost at everything.

And also, for those not using Ataru form, have you tried alacrity yet either? Don't be discouraged by the loss of a 30% alacrity boost, because that's where must of us are at as well!

I've been playing around with Alacrity for awhile now as a sent. Given my playstyle, the sweet spot for me it is around 9% (39% with zen) and the results from this experiment have been truly amazing. The alacrity stack gives Combat Sents the sustainable dps we have needed since forever. So far the highest amount of dps I've been able to achieve is around 1900 and that's with just stacking alacrity and crit. This is coming from a pvper BTW...Hope this helps

I've been playing around with Alacrity for awhile now as a sent. Given my playstyle, the sweet spot for me it is around 9% (39% with zen) and the results from this experiment have been truly amazing. The alacrity stack gives Combat Sents the sustainable dps we have needed since forever. So far the highest amount of dps I've been able to achieve is around 1900 and that's with just stacking alacrity and crit. This is coming from a pvper BTW...Hope this helps

That's really interesting. Have you tried experimenting with less alacrity? On my Sorc/Sage I didn't notice a difference between 9.x% and 7.45% as far as timers and cooldowns went - but with the big difference between classes, I'm curious if the returns might be higher.

That's really interesting. Have you tried experimenting with less alacrity? On my Sorc/Sage I didn't notice a difference between 9.x% and 7.45% as far as timers and cooldowns went - but with the big difference between classes, I'm curious if the returns might be higher.

I don't know the exact return rate for a sorc/sage but I know that the return rate for Sents starts around 9% dropping from .6% to .5%. The lowest I've dropped alacrity is about 6%. In that instance I did start stacking surge and I've noticed me getting some good crits like 15k clashing, but in the long run you lose that consistency. There were so many things I factored in with the loss of alacrity but it's just not the same. At 9% you can actually keep up with tier 2 and some likely tier 1 healers points wise which is a very good thing.

i really like Alacrity in pvp.. i really do i have almost 9% as carnage

but my problem is in pve i only have arond 5% in pve reason we need the dum Acc now i have 0 % acc in pvp

and my Surge stil 75% where in pve i have 68% and if i go all 3 Enchaments Alacrity or more i go really low on surge

and it sucks

do u guys have the same problem?

Edited by Aztian

i really like Alacrity in pvp.. i really do i have almost 9% as carnage

but my problem is in pve i only have arond 5% in pve reason we need the dum Acc now i have 0 % acc in pvp

and my Surge stil 75% where in pve i have 68% and if i go all 3 Enchaments Alacrity or more i go really low on surge

and it sucks

do u guys have the same problem?

It's not a problem having low surge at all...in pvp I keep my surge around 65% and still put out a lot of dps..As far as acc goes if you run A LOT of main stat you don't need acc. Either way, any acc you get in gear you can swap out for alacrity or surge...that should solve your problem.

ooo! glad you brought this up because i've been pondering whether alacrity would be beneficial running fury in pve. from what i've gathered regarding stat priority as fury at the moment, the general idea is to get 110% accuracy, 20% crit, ~300 surge, and max out power and alacrity with whatever slots are open (hoping this is right; just came back to the game after a 2 year hiatus, so please correct me if i'm wrong). however, i'm wondering if it's possible to put out the same dps numbers or better by prioritizing alacrity over another stat like crit or surge. has anyone here experimented with running more alacrity as fury? i'm curious. Edited by vaelphor

ooo! glad you brought this up because i've been pondering whether alacrity would be beneficial running fury in pve. from what i've gathered regarding stat priority as fury at the moment, the general idea is to get 110% accuracy, 20% crit, ~300 surge, and max out power and alacrity with whatever slots are open (hoping this is right; just came back to the game after a 2 year hiatus, so please correct me if i'm wrong). however, i'm wondering if it's possible to put out the same dps numbers or better by prioritizing alacrity over another stat like crit or surge. has anyone here experimented with running more alacrity as fury? i'm curious.

Well I haven't tried as fury, but for Pyro, AP, Hatred and Annihilation people have noted DPS increases when augmenting for alacrity so they have 600-800 of it, so give it a go

Well either that or augmenting accuracy and getting more alac enhancements :p

Edited by TACeMossie

ooo! glad you brought this up because i've been pondering whether alacrity would be beneficial running fury in pve. from what i've gathered regarding stat priority as fury at the moment, the general idea is to get 110% accuracy, 20% crit, ~300 surge, and max out power and alacrity with whatever slots are open (hoping this is right; just came back to the game after a 2 year hiatus, so please correct me if i'm wrong). however, i'm wondering if it's possible to put out the same dps numbers or better by prioritizing alacrity over another stat like crit or surge. has anyone here experimented with running more alacrity as fury? i'm curious.

I haven't taken the time to practice with fury yet....been spending too much time on carnage and all the wonders it's been putting out for dps....however I do know that with fury you don't play as much alacrity as you would carnage..crit you can play 22% to help maximize the 18% you get from the discipline. Keep your surge around 70% and your acc around 94%....the rest you stack is mainstat...

crit you can play 22% to help maximize the 18% you get from the discipline. Keep your surge around 70% and your acc around 94%....the rest you stack is mainstat...

this is for pvp, right? cuz for pve, that accuracy seems a bit too low.

I only get 5% alacrity (3% from gear) and it's enough for me. The flow for carnage is amazing. I get 94% acc and have like 71% surge. I stack main stat and the only question I have been toying with is switching to power augments.

I only get 5% alacrity (3% from gear) and it's enough for me. The flow for carnage is amazing. I get 94% acc and have like 71% surge. I stack main stat and the only question I have been toying with is switching to power augments.

I started out with playing nothing but power Augs....not a good idea...unless you plan on raising your acc higher power augs makes you miss ALOT. Mainstat is the best way to go for Augs because it's equilivant to acc in terms of landing a hit

For PvE in Concentration/Fury every piece of alacrity is a DPS loss. Get accuracy to 100%, rest is surge all the way (192 and 198). Did extensive Dummy parsing test to arrive at that conclusion.

For Watchman/Anni best DPS is one alacrity enhancement. If you do more and even augment your gear with alacrity instead of mainstat/power, you will not experience a big DPS loss, but you will not gain any DPS either. You gain fun at playing imo :-)

For progression purposes I absolutely advise against it, though, as target downtime will hurt you even more with an alacrity build, since your dots don't tick as hard. You lose DPS for every second of boss downtime - and new ops have a lot of it (for melee, that is, which is why stacking alacrity on a Sage if ok for progression, but not for Sents/Maras. Torque HM will teach you that difference nicely :-) )

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

For PvE in Concentration/Fury every piece of alacrity is a DPS loss. Get accuracy to 100%, rest is surge all the way (192 and 198). Did extensive Dummy parsing test to arrive at that conclusion.

For Watchman/Anni best DPS is one alacrity enhancement. If you do more and even augment your gear with alacrity instead of mainstat/power, you will not experience a big DPS loss, but you will not gain any DPS either. You gain fun at playing imo :-)

For progression purposes I absolutely advise against it, though, as target downtime will hurt you even more with an alacrity build, since your dots don't tick as hard. You lose DPS for every second of boss downtime - and new ops have a lot of it (for melee, that is, which is why stacking alacrity on a Sage if ok for progression, but not for Sents/Maras. Torque HM will teach you that difference nicely :-) )

Yea what this guy said....my mistake I got fury and annihilation mixed up...

I ended up settling with one alacrity enhancement and one augment for PVE in combat since it makes fitting MS and CB much easier to fit inside a PS window.

It's more about the quick CD of precision, rather than trying to fit moves in the precision window the more alacrity the faster it CDs and the more dmg you do.

I sit at about 9%, it's good for both watchmen and combat. I switch back and forth depending on fights. Accuracy @ 100%, all alacrity augs and I think 1 enhancement. 0 crit.

That's for PvE right? Cause ain't no way ima get to 100% acc in pvp gear not without sacrificing a lot of strength

I started out with playing nothing but power Augs....not a good idea...unless you plan on raising your acc higher power augs makes you miss ALOT. Mainstat is the best way to go for Augs because it's equilivant to acc in terms of landing a hit

Mainstat has zero effect on accuracy. Mainstat is a bit less dmg than power, but adds a bit of crit.

Mainstat has zero effect on accuracy. Mainstat is a bit less dmg than power, but adds a bit of crit.

Never said it did. All I said was mainstat was a better choice then overkill Augs because it offers the same success rate of landing a hit like accuracy..

• 1 month later...

I have actually min maxed my marauders gear for all alacrity power in the armor with main stat augments which gives slightly less than 7% alacrity outside of carnage. I did run into the problem of not being able to hit as hard due to low amounts of surge in my gear however I noticed that crit was about where I normally put it. SOOOOOO what I did was run Fury. And as we all may know gives an inherent boost to surge which puts my stats at about 24% crit 71% surge and 6% ish alacrity.

I have tested this build with all the specs except annihilation because it just feels weird to me and I LOVE what this build does for fury because when the stars align and I hit furious strike inside my set bonus and relic procs I'm hitting for about 12k on the test dummy

W/ 186 gear I have 15% alacrity. All enhancements and augs. With power mods. With my alacrity, my MS is 16.6 CD w 2.62 channel. If I zen, my CD 12 sec CD 2.06 channel. However using, TsT,FL,Cyclone,ZS,PS,CB,BR, MS, DIspatch. I don't need zen if I wait for aturu attack animation to trigger. Thar 15% alacrity allows me to maintain that rotation and use Trans instead of Zen.

I still stack alacrity on my marauder for pve, I just prefer the faster pace.

Its not something I would use for pvp tho, for a few simple reasons.

A: I play Carnage and you get an alacrity boost during Berzerk. If you are smart about this you can use the window to get shorter cooldowns on utility. Stuns are reduced, Adrenals are reduced. having a 32 second cd on stuns is great in pvp.

B: More power = More burst and when it comes to killing people in pvp, you want Gore+Blast+Viciousthrow to do as much damage as possible. Healers can heal sustain damage fairly easy, but have a hard time keeping up with 25k+ damage in 3 seconds.

I wrote a guide on here a while back for Annihilation and alacrity check it out Here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.