PVE Server area getting ganked by PVP wolf packs in higher lvls

Winter-Storm

Let me gripe for a minute:

Please keep PVP active players away from getting damage from a AOE damage in a PVE area.

If I'm PVP active in a PVE area and so is the other player that's perfectly fine, But we're having PVP players running in groups (wolf packs) trying to get AOE damage from a PVE player doing quests and then just overwhelm them.

There is players who just want to play PVE just out of choice and its hard to have fun while the PVP active wolf pack is controlling a PVE area.

Last night doing a heroic fight on a Heroic Elite one in our group threw down a AOE attack and low and behold a Invisible PVP active player gets hit. Next thing we know we have a group of about 10 PVP's attacking us including the heroic NPC.

We found out later they was waiting for someone to attack the Heroic in hopes to get damaged. We know this since we saw it happen to another group while returning to the same area to finish the heroic. Neither us or the other group was PVP active.

I don't know if anyone agrees with this but its a big pain to me and the group I'm running with...

----------------------------------------- UPDATE 20150210 -----------------------------------

Soo after paying attention to PVP ganking (being cooled off and reading the comments) and a little more playing around. This is what I found. On AOE damage to set off PVP with a PVP active toon, true you cannot set it off. I tried it on purpose many times to see whats happens and it does not set it off. Its easier to see what happens you're not fighting in a group. From What I can see a stealth sneaks into battle between a group or individual and what ever they're fighting and unstealths. The PVE player selects the PVP player by mistake and hits them which set you off to PVP...

Took a while to see how the PVP Ganking was done.

Its still a pain since PVE player does not have PVP gear on (if assuming if they valor at all) and most times is always played into a disadvantage..

Edited by Winter-Storm
Update

If you are aoe'ing and flagged people are around, the only way you'll get flagged is if you actually target them. My suggestion, make sure you turn auto target next enemy off in preferences. If you have that turned on and a mob dies, you could auto target the flagged player and boom, now you are flagged.

Let me gripe for a minute:

Please keep PVP active players away from getting damage from a AOE damage in a PVE area.

If I'm PVP active in a PVE area and so is the other player that's perfectly fine, But we're having PVP players running in groups (wolf packs) trying to get AOE damage from a PVE player doing quests and then just overwhelm them.

There is players who just want to play PVE just out of choice and its hard to have fun while the PVP active wolf pack is controlling a PVE area.

Last night doing a heroic fight on a Heroic Elite one in our group threw down a AOE attack and low and behold a Invisible PVP active player gets hit. Next thing we know we have a group of about 10 PVP's attacking us including the heroic NPC.

We found out later they was waiting for someone to attack the Heroic in hopes to get damaged. We know this since we saw it happen to another group while returning to the same area to finish the heroic. Neither us or the other group was PVP active.

I don't know if anyone agrees with this but its a big pain to me and the group I'm running with...

These are the guys who can't cut it on a pvp server and practically crap themselves at the idea of fighting an opponent one on one. They attack in groups so they have a numbers advantage. They attack people who aren't ready/want pvp because they figure they don't know much about pvp. Even with a numerical advantage these types are typically terrified. No, I don't mean they just don't like to lose. I mean, honest to god terrified of a real pvper, and likely have nightmares over the idea of fighting someone who knows what they're doing. I know people irl like this so if it makes you feel better? At least you know they are incompetent cowards. ;)

If you are aoe'ing and flagged people are around, the only way you'll get flagged is if you actually target them. My suggestion, make sure you turn auto target next enemy off in preferences. If you have that turned on and a mob dies, you could auto target the flagged player and boom, now you are flagged.

No this has already been proven it's messed up. You can AOE a flagged player & get flagged yourself. It's a bug. They supposedly fixed it, but it's re-broken. There are others with the same complaint.

As it stands, if you read his comment you will see that auto targeting is impossible if the player is in stealth unless he is right on top of you. Which MOST cases are not even it. They stand close enough to get targeted & bam. You're dead. lol

Stop complaining. Regardless of you being in PvE server, Gree is a PvP event. If you're flagged or doing PvP objectives(auto flag) - you are an open invitation towards PvP

Open World PvP - the rules here are there are no rules. Own or get owned, *censor*.

Besides, let the rage fill within you and unleash it on your target. Complete your transformation to the Dark Side.

Edited by Jedi-Elora

Stop complaining. Regardless of you being in PvE server, Gree is a PvP event. If you're flagged or doing PvP objectives(auto flag) - you are an open invitation towards PvP

Open World PvP - the rules here are there are no rules. Own or get owned, *censor*.

Besides, let the rage fill within you and unleash it on your target. Complete your transformation to the Dark Side.

You didn't read the original post which is obvious by your own. This isn't about the Gree event. He got attacked while he wasn't flagged by a group of ten people who exploited the AOE bug. I got a link that can help you out a bit.

Reading Comprehension can be found here.

And if you don't go to the pvp area? I don't and there are times someone tries to sneak up on me and flagged me. So how is that doing pvp objectives. I specifically do not do the pvp objectives and I have had to travel back to my stronghold when some one sneaks up on me and flags me with their aoe.

nah i agree with the guy who said there cowards that cant cut it on a pvp server and would crap thereselfs if they had to fight a real pvp player

Auto target has been off for a while... You don't need to target a PVP flagged player if they are in your aoe effect.

here is my settings that was taken from a YT OSWguild:

settings

Controls

- Autoloot on right click ~Enable

- Area loot ~Enable

- Deselect target upon clicking on terrain ~Enable (Not for sure I like this one or not yet)

- Auto Target Closest Enemy ~Disable

- Enable Focus target ~Enable (select with F1)

- Use Quickslots on key press ~Enable

- Camera Max distance ~100%

- Camera pivot ~Enable

- Smart Camera ~Enable

- Show next target in cycle ~Enable

- Cycle in screen space ~Enable

Combat logging

- Enable combat logging to file ~Enable (optional of for seeing damage and hit numbers)

User Interface

*- Enable cover bar ~Disable

*- Show Conversation alignment gain ~Enable

- Show detailed item tooltips ~Enable

- Enable Companion comparative tooltips ~Enable

- Enable stat summarization in item tooltips ~Enable

- Show ready flash ~Enable

- Show Global Cooldown ready flash ~Enable

*- Show cooldown text ~Enable

*- Cooldown Style ~2

*- Cooldown global cooldown style ~4

Graphics

- Vertical sync ~Disable

Nameplates

- Nameplate for my companion ~Enable

- Nameplate on enemy NPCs ~Enable

- Nameplate on enemy players ~Enable

- Nameplate on friendly players ~Enable

- Always show class symbol ~Enable

- Always show health bar ~Enable

- Scale Nameplates with distance ~Enable

- Show guild name ~Enable

- Always show resolve bar ~Enable for PVP only

- Nameplate on friendly NPCS ~Enable optional

* denotes settings that need to be changed with each character. It is not a global setting.

Edited by Winter-Storm

Its a PVE server. If the server was PVP well yet thats the name of the game. I play PVP here and there and gets fun sometimes but when in PVE quests with PVP off, well its how should stay.

Its not just the Gree event, but Yavin, Risha, etc for a long while. Its just been happening just too often where the PVE game is getting hampered and your in PVP mode all the time which is exactly why I didn't pick a PVP server in the first place, blah..

Edited by Winter-Storm

These are the guys who can't cut it on a pvp server and practically crap themselves at the idea of fighting an opponent one on one. They attack in groups so they have a numbers advantage. They attack people who aren't ready/want pvp because they figure they don't know much about pvp. Even with a numerical advantage these types are typically terrified. No, I don't mean they just don't like to lose. I mean, honest to god terrified of a real pvper, and likely have nightmares over the idea of fighting someone who knows what they're doing. I know people irl like this so if it makes you feel better? At least you know they are incompetent cowards. ;)

:D True, Thanks...

It seems like PVP guilds are starting to pickup on this and starting to do this for planet rep or to control a PVE area :(

Edited by Winter-Storm

I agree with you guys, its a PvE area. Question, why are you flagged? If you're flagged - you got no reason to complain regardless of a fair 1v1 PvE or being ganked by an entire guild.

Regardless of what you think, at the end you are flagged. Open World doesn't have to be in warzone, it can be anywhere with anyone flagged - that includes PvE areas.

I get annoyed a tiny bit at times when I'm doing PvE and suddenly out of nowhere a sin/shadow kills me. But at end of the day, I was flagged - I invited that oppourtunity.

So if that annoys the **** out of you, you may wanna unflag. Flagging yourself and then complaining about it is nonsense tbh.

No this has already been proven it's messed up. You can AOE a flagged player & get flagged yourself. It's a bug. They supposedly fixed it, but it's re-broken. There are others with the same complaint.

As it stands, if you read his comment you will see that auto targeting is impossible if the player is in stealth unless he is right on top of you. Which MOST cases are not even it. They stand close enough to get targeted & bam. You're dead. lol

Oh really, please provide proof then. I've seen people claiming this for so long but no one has ever given proof that it's bugged. I've tested it myself in the past and I was never flagged no matter how hard I tried, as long as I didn't target the person.

I agree with you guys, its a PvE area. Question, why are you flagged? If you're flagged - you got no reason to complain regardless of a fair 1v1 PvE or being ganked by an entire guild.

Regardless of what you think, at the end you are flagged. Open World doesn't have to be in warzone, it can be anywhere with anyone flagged - that includes PvE areas.

I get annoyed a tiny bit at times when I'm doing PvE and suddenly out of nowhere a sin/shadow kills me. But at end of the day, I was flagged - I invited that oppourtunity.

So if that annoys the **** out of you, you may wanna unflag. Flagging yourself and then complaining about it is nonsense tbh.

Reading comprehension. Please re-read the original post. You can force someone to flag against their will. He wasn't already flagged. He was forced into it.

Here's an example.

Let's say I am George. As George I like to pve and I don't feel like pvping. I am not flagged and I am not in a pvp area.

You, on the other hand, are named Bill. As Bill you like to pvp but only with targets who don't want to pvp. As George is questing you decide to flag yourself. You turn invisible and sneak up close to george. George does an AOE attack to hit the mobs. Now since you're in the blast radius and you are flagged George hits you. George then becomes flagged. You decide to jump George.

George didn't want to pvp. He had no idea you were there. He wasn't even flagged. As Bill you decided to take that choice away from him. So even though George is in a pve area and on a pve server he was ganked just as he would be on a pvp server. This is what the original poster is upset about. This happened to him by 10 people.

Edited by Rhyltran

See a Yellow name??? DO NOT use your AOE attacks. its very easy to stay unflagged when others are flagged...

others should not be punished due to your incompetence and lack of attention to detail during fights. :rolleyes:

RED is DEAD no matter what server you're on.

Edited by Liquor

The question isn't can I turn off auto-target and avoid being unintentionally flagged, the question is why should I have to on a PvE server?

I know this may be a surprise to you, but there are other people with other interests, you share the game with. PVE does not mean no pvp at any circumstance. By your reasoning, you should be able to attk republic bases, and not be flagged for pvp because you are on a PVE server.

As for this whole aoe argument, like the previous poster said, proof or it didnt happen. Personally I have popped aoes over a number of republic players, never being flagged because I have auto target off, and dont target them. Stupid actions...have consequences.

nah i agree with the guy who said there cowards that cant cut it on a pvp server and would crap thereselfs if they had to fight a real pvp player

yup, its the dredge of pvpers not good enough to win in consenting battles that EXPLOIT this well known bug to force pvp on unwilling players

Even worse they so cowardly they wait for the pve players to engage in combat with mobs before they attack.

Personally I always marked down names (imp or Pub) and added them to appropriate ignore lists (cause you just know they queueing for ops and flash points when gree event not on as they crappy wanna be pvp'ers who cant win a consensual match ever). So as I play mostly healer/tank classes I punish them with eliminating them from the GF queue. More people did this to them, they would quickly run outta groups the other 50 weeks of year.

Im all for consensual PVP during the gree or rakghoul events and have great fun fighting willing combatants in tests of skill and ability.

But PKing (as thats what its called in MMORPGs) has always been the avenue of the least skilled and most worthless player looking to build their shaky little ego up after sucking huge in consensual PVP.

Much as I hate them, the blame really falls on EA as this is a REALLY OLD ISSUE they have refused to fix for years now. First time was players fault, after that its all on EA.

AOE's on mobs don't affect flagged players, I have dropped numerous fire storm and Death from Above and nothing. They fixed this in like 1.7 or something. Can't remember if anyone has time to dig up the patch notes to correct me on the exact patch but it did happen. Too many were spreading this rumor on JC despite correcting them.

On a different note my favorite thing yesterday was having a healer in my group get flagged for healing a flagged person while doing the heroic, too bad that I saw the skank shadows in PvP gear waiting to pop out as they got to close and sonic rebounded onto the boss next to me, broke Cc and carbonized their butts and proceeded to have our group and nearby Imps give them a beat down in PVE armor. Then I logged on to my Sorc got a PvP group and chased them around the heroic. It was cash. :D

Also pulling trash on to gankers is fun to :p

Edited by FerkWork

On a different note my favorite thing yesterday was having a healer in my group get flagged for healing a flagged person while doing the heroic

yeah idiots that are flagged wanting to join PVE groups are a head ache (triple so for healers)

What I did last Gree Event (as legendary with all the goodies so yet to step foot in gree event this time around) was 2 fold

1) when calling out for group say NON FLAGGED ONLY

2) Warn players if they flag they will either go to base and unflag or leave group

3) Refuse to heal or rez and flagged players

But I like to keep my PVP and PVE separate completely when playing a healer class

Ive always supported changing the game mechanic to that unflagged players can not interact what so ever with flagged players (of either side) unless they MANUALLY turn on their PVP toggle themselves (not by attacking or healing but by intentionally switching self from PVE to PVP) or Willingly entering a PVP area.

Seems to me that change would eliminate all the issues for good.

And there would be no more complaints or problems beyond the PKers whining up a storm that everyone is now to good for them to fight, as it would be 100% consensual PVP with no exceptions

Edited by Kalfear

I usually don't pvp at all and have made my home on Ebon Hawk. However ..under certain circumstances it is needed and when people need help I go. The people who pick on others are observed by me and when they go somewhere alone is when I strike. They CANNOT 1v1 for the life of them. They are good in packs, but never 1v1. This is what my Operative is for. They want to pick on lower people and swarm them 4v1 5v1 then they better get ready to get what they deserve on 1v1. Justice!

I was not flagged at all. that was the point... They get our AOE and by doing this turns me PVP flagged...

Oh really, please provide proof then. I've seen people claiming this for so long but no one has ever given proof that it's bugged. I've tested it myself in the past and I was never flagged no matter how hard I tried, as long as I didn't target the person.

just do it. go unflagged, do not target yellow flagged PVP and throw a AOE in their area. using a NPC target would be easier to try with...