The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ranked PvP Tank - Stats and Utilities

TrueArchangel

Hello everyone!

I have full t2, full augmented gear. Now, I have some ideas how to maximize my surviability, like i need to focus on endurance, however i'll appreciate precise numbers on each def, shield and absorb rating, to reach optimal performance for VG/PT tank in ranked wzs.

Also - i have several different combinations of utilities, which i find useful. Yet, i'd like to hear what do you guys work best for you. (ranked only, pls!)

Thx in advance!

Get the enhancements that have the highest amount of endurance on them. The enhancements need to be shield and absorb. The mods need to again be endurance high with absorb.

No defense rating, shield and absorb on everything.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Hi there! I do a lot of solo and grouped ranked and use a lot of dps gear. Probably 75-90% of the time I'm wearing dps gear. But mods/enh with high endurance.

Dps and Tank mix: Agile/Nimble B mods and Adept/Discipline enhancements. Tank implant/ear/mh/of And gives me ~4500 endurance (~52k). 136 defense (stim and relic), 479 shield (~31%) and 319 absorb (~32%). I feel tanky and still do lots of damage. Typically 1k dps, up to 1925 dps in a team match.

All Tank: All Weighted mods (switching to B mods) and Vigilant enhancements. This gives me ~4575 endurance (53k helath). 136 defense (stim and relic), 789 shield (~36.5%) and 651 shield (~38.5%). I do less damage but have more health.

As far as utilities, bracer propellant, engulfing flame, suppresive tools, torque boosters, sonic rebounder (I'm not set on this), shield cannon and enhanced paralytics. The last one because the extra stun is nice when peeling and lets me get a firestorm off without people moving.

Edited by HaemmernZeit

• 2 weeks later...
Get the enhancements that have the highest amount of endurance on them. The enhancements need to be shield and absorb. The mods need to again be endurance high with absorb.

No defense rating, shield and absorb on everything.

Zoom, newbie question here but how do you get the endurance enhancements like your talking about here? Do you need to buy individual pieces of gear just to rip that one enhancement out?

Hi there! I do a lot of solo and grouped ranked and use a lot of dps gear. Probably 75-90% of the time I'm wearing dps gear. But mods/enh with high endurance.

Dps and Tank mix: Agile/Nimble B mods and Adept/Discipline enhancements. Tank implant/ear/mh/of And gives me ~4500 endurance (~52k). 136 defense (stim and relic), 479 shield (~31%) and 319 absorb (~32%). I feel tanky and still do lots of damage. Typically 1k dps, up to 1925 dps in a team match.

All Tank: All Weighted mods (switching to B mods) and Vigilant enhancements. This gives me ~4575 endurance (53k helath). 136 defense (stim and relic), 789 shield (~36.5%) and 651 shield (~38.5%). I do less damage but have more health.

As far as utilities, bracer propellant, engulfing flame, suppresive tools, torque boosters, sonic rebounder (I'm not set on this), shield cannon and enhanced paralytics. The last one because the extra stun is nice when peeling and lets me get a firestorm off without people moving.

Haemmen, on your DPS/Tank hybrid, are you still running fortitude augs or are you opting for more main stat/power? Do I need to buy the pieces of gear with those enhancements and rip them out?

Zoom, newbie question here but how do you get the endurance enhancements like your talking about here? Do you need to buy individual pieces of gear just to rip that one enhancement out?

I forget the name, just look for the ones that have the highest amount of endurance. For exhumed I just buy straight from the regular warzone enhancement vendor since its cheap and having min-maxxed exhumed is better than unoptimized Dark Reaver.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Zoom are you shield tech or AP? for PVP and do you build hybrid or full tank if your a shield tech. AP doesnt seem as viable with the shoulder cannon nerf. Then again I just hit 60

I predominantly play AP, although I do muck around occasionally as a Shieldtech in DPS gear.

As for viability, AP is still going to be the goto DPS spec even with the nerf. We still have plenty of burst even if it isn't over the top anymore.