The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

I get the premise behind wanting 12XP on the class missions, but this is something that should be left for special occasions. If it could come back once a year for a couple of weeks, that would be great.

I would, however, like to see the legacy XP bonuses be revised and increased a bit. Remove the class xp, warzone, spaceship, exploration, etc. boost and make it an all inclusive xp buff for everything that can be turned on and off like the class buff.

You might like what is in my signature.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it because twice on this page he has said that the anti-12ers "don't have the right" to their opinion.

I realize that. Hence the smiley. :)

It's the same mindset as that of the players who demand that others stop posting in "their" suggestion threads because they can't take criticism.

Edited by SelinaH

I'm not sure why this is still a debate, if people want 12x XP, that's their right, if some people don't want it, that's their right too.

We just want to have fun. *Shrug*

They have the right to *want* 12XP. The do not have the right to *have* 12XP.

I do not support a plan to mass-produce bad players in the name of generating more "potential" players. .

it is not mass producing bad players it is mass producing players period!! again the amount of time spent leveling dose not = better players!.

and again the reason a lot of the people left is because they cut off the 12x XP who knows how long those people would have stayed around but during that entire stay of 12x XP the servers were actually full again unlike now and before it.

it is not mass producing bad players it is mass producing players period!! again the amount of time spent leveling dose not = better players!.

and again the reason a lot of the people left is because they cut off the 12x XP who knows how long those people would have stayed around but during that entire stay of 12x XP the servers were actually full again unlike now and before it.

It would have been a short term population boon if its such an accessible and easy to acquire perk. Then a collapse. There were plenty of people who said they were just here for a one time playthroughs for each the class stories. That's not the kind of players swtor needs.

Edited by Nickious

It would have been a short term population boon if its such an accessible and easy to acquire perk. Then a collapse. There were plenty of people who said they were just here for a one time playthroughs for each the class stories. That's not the kind of players swtor needs.

Bingo

Which completely ignores a key componant of 12xXP. When temporary, it was given to everyone. If permanent it would be for those that have leveled (at bare minimum) all of the four mirror classes through the story line (although in practice it will probably be level to 60)

Which completely ignores a key componant of 12xXP. When temporary, it was given to everyone. If permanent it would be for those that have leveled (at bare minimum) all of the four mirror classes through the story line (although in practice it will probably be level to 60)

Who says that is how it would be implemented, if implemented at all?

I seriously don't get this. So you want more low-level players to increase planet populations/grouping opportunities/etc. We point out that players not knowing their class is independent of 12xXP but at east 12xXP will get more alts on those planets even if for a little while*. But you're not satified with that so what is YOUR solution for getting what you want viz. more low-level players that know their class?

*The first 12xXP being temporary is not a good indicator of what players will do if it were to be permanent so you don't feel like you have to rush through the class missions.

My solution has been in my signature for quite some time.

Who says that is how it would be implemented, if implemented at all?

Because if the rational people on our side think that it is a perk that a person deserves after leveling 4 different classes and BW decide to give it to anyone with enough CCs, that is on EA/BW.

Because if the rational people on our side think that it is a perk that a person deserves after leveling 4 different classes and BW decide to give it to anyone with enough CCs, that is on EA/BW.

But that isn't what you said. You said that the way it would be implemented would be after the completion of 4 unique stories. I haven't seen the 3x per story model gain any traction. The fact of the matter is, 12XP was a promotion and not intended to ever be permanent. You'd be far better off requesting something reasonable than the outlandish 12XP.

They only throw double XP out every few months. What part of that indicates Bioware thinks than anything over 2X is reasonable or sound business practice?

Given the rate at which they churn out CM items, if they had already determined this to be a major revenue stream, don't you think they would have already done it? As to the datamining, I'll put far more stock into that theory if the mining ever reveals associated icons with the XP boosters/retarders.

*The first 12xXP being temporary is not a good indicator of what players will do if it were to be permanent so you don't feel like you have to rush through the class missions.

I was under the impression that rushing through the class missions was the entire purpose of requesting permanent 12Xp.

No and No.

I guess I should have been more clear. I was asking if that players solution to bad players is mass-producing bad players.

So instead of whatever you said before, you wanted to clarify that 12 x EXP will mass-produce bad players. Okay. Not elitism, but would you yourself agree that it could be douchebaggery in some other context? :rolleyes:

Almost everyone for the 12x EXP agrees people should not be able to utilize 12 x EXP without first leveling a few characters. You however, for some reason have decided to ignore that (to be able to make make arguments such as this) to be able to argument against 12x EXP. It will not produce bad players. Players are there already and they will have more alts which will incidentally make them better players. Again, this has been said in this thread multiple times but you refuse to acknowledge it just to be able to argue. Amazing that you then proceeded to define the context for douchebaggery about yourself. Thank you.

I've seen maybe 3 pro-12 posters agreeing that if 12XP ever came in permanently that it should be tied to high legacy level or the completion of more than a few stories. There have been far more, in this very thread that rail against the idea of any requirement.

And you keep saying that I am ignoring your point about there already being bad players; while ignoring my point that it will mass-produce more bad players.

Edited by ekwalizer

do you think that was because they knew it was only for a short time?? i knew people that would have stayed around if the 12x XP would have stayed.

I suggest you reread it. It is clearly triple XP, plus all XP bonuses.

from what it looked like to me is that you would have to complete one class on one faction to get the double XP and then do it again on the other side just to get to triple XP. that's if you want to play both sides but what about the people that want to play only light, or only dark?? and still triple XP still isn't enough. with 12x XP you can just stick with the class stories. that way you dont have to repeat any content unless you want ot reroll the same class in a different way. your way is still too slow and would still require a lot of the fluff planetary quests even with buffs and the xp unlocks.

do you think that was because they knew it was only for a short time?? i knew people that would have stayed around if the 12x XP would have stayed.

from what it looked like to me is that you would have to complete one class on one faction to get the double XP and then do it again on the other side just to get to triple XP. that's if you want to play both sides but what about the people that want to play only light, or only dark?? and still triple XP still isn't enough. with 12x XP you can just stick with the class stories. that way you dont have to repeat any content unless you want ot reroll the same class in a different way. your way is still too slow and would still require a lot of the fluff planetary quests even with buffs and the xp unlocks.

Why should we incentivize players with more XP that refuse to participate in all of the current stories?

NOTHING is stopping anyone right now from rolling new alts. People do it everyday. Getting to level 60, even for the 30th time is not insurmountable.

Triple XP is still not enough? Then why bother with the 2xp week event?

I was under the impression that rushing through the class missions was the entire purpose of requesting permanent 12Xp.

no its to skip all the boring as heck fluff planetary quests and get to see the class stories in a more fluid and complete manner. its not really a RUSH to max level as fast as you can... people are just fed up with all the fluff crap. what was it?? some one said it was like 87% crap fluff quests and only 12% actual story?? now if it was the other way around there would be no need for 12x XP but as it is now the game is very repetitive and boring.

Why should we incentivize players with more XP that refuse to participate in all of the current stories?

NOTHING is stopping anyone right now from rolling new alts. People do it everyday. Getting to level 60, even for the 30th time is not insurmountable.

Triple XP is still not enough? Then why bother with the 2xp week event?

that is why i stopped even caring about 2xp week events. i started day one and it wasn't until the 12x XP that i got my first original toon to 55 and my second toon to 55. before the 12x XP i would hit every double xp weekend with boosts and i had all the xp unlocks unlocked. but even with that buff it still took for ever to level my main toon... why?? because i still had to do some of the fluff planetary quests and that bored the heck out of me. and who is refusing to participate in the stories?? what is why we want the 12x XP so we can just participate in the stories.

And you keep saying that I am ignoring your point about there already being bad players; while ignoring my point that it will mass-produce more bad players.

but you are ignoring the flip side of your argument... it will also mass produce good players as well.

More players > Fewer players

Edited by Edzew

no its to skip all the boring as heck fluff planetary quests and get to see the class stories in a more fluid and complete manner. its not really a RUSH to max level as fast as you can... people are just fed up with all the fluff crap. what was it?? some one said it was like 87% crap fluff quests and only 12% actual story?? now if it was the other way around there would be no need for 12x XP but as it is now the game is very repetitive and boring.

Class quests account for 8.3% of leveling content. This is not KOTOR3. This is an MMO. MMOs are designed as leveling time-sinks. This has been the norm for close to 2 decades now.

People are still free to level through other-than-side-quest Xp producing events.

Edited by ekwalizer

that is why i stopped even caring about 2xp week events. i started day one and it wasn't until the 12x XP that i got my first original toon to 55 and my second toon to 55. before the 12x XP i would hit every double xp weekend with boosts and i had all the xp unlocks unlocked. but even with that buff it still took for ever to level my main toon... why?? because i still had to do some of the fluff planetary quests and that bored the heck out of me. and who is refusing to participate in the stories?? what is why we want the 12x XP so we can just participate in the stories.

but you are ignoring the flip side of your argument... it will also mass produce good players as well.

More players > Fewer players

Those mass-produced "good players" are already here. It isn't going to mass-produce them because they already have a large stable of alt toons at max level. Sure, they might level up more characters but that doesnt negate the fact that that human was already represented in the game.

12XP will draw more players, sure. Some will be good. Others, as clearly demonstrated last time will be transient and only concerned about their story/leveling process. If the story is really the draw, then these people will depart after they have achieved their leveling goals ... just like they did in the two month event last year.

Are you really saying that it took you from December 13th 2011 until the 12XP event which began in October 2014 to finish your first toon; because of side quests ... that you couldn't have been repeating because it was your first toon?