Shadow of Revan for free for subscribers?

Drahy

I guess at the end of 2015 it will become free.

Anyway, if your friends can afford subscription, then they clearly can afford the expansion. They can take one month break from being a subscriber and have money for SoR...

Edited by PavSalco

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No? Now that is just sad.....should have given you guys something for buying the dlc. i guess it is apparent EAWare Austin is not zenimax..

They did get something. As noted, they got access to the content months before the "freebies" did.

I guess at the end of 2015 it will become free.

Anyway, if your friends can afford subscription, then they clearly can afford the expansion. They can take one month break from being a subscriber and have money for SoR...

Or they can skip 4 Starbucks drinks for a month. $20, right there. It's all a matter of priorities.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If I wanted your opinions about how can someone afford the expansion or not I would create new thread asking about it.

But this thread is about the shadow of revan expansion going free to subscribers and when if they plan to do it.

Thank you for your answers but lets wait for some official reply.

Edited by Drahy

If I wanted your opinions about how can someone afford the expansion or not I would create new thread asking about it.

But this thread is about the shadow of revan expansion going free to subscribers and when if they plan to do it.

You won't get an official reply until (or if) they announce that on a certain date all subscribers will get SoR for free. That is how they did it last time so I doubt they will make a special effort to answer your thread.

Personally I would estimate 6 - 9 months after release so somewhere between June and September, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Tip: if you don't want replies, send a PM to Eric Musco rather than posting on the forums.

Yeah, let's all just sit and wait for that.

Yea,still upset about that one. People getting RotHC for free if they got SoR is a crock. People paid 20 dollars for that expansion and subbers had to pay 10. Either way, people were screwed out of their money.

umm... this is pretty much standard thing on a market.

when you buy something when it was just released - you pay full price. eventualy, the price goes down, and often time,s game of the year editions get released that include all the content that was originaly sold separately.. and for a cheaper price.

are you just as bitter for team fortress going f2p? what about Borderlands going form full priced game to $7.50 on steam sale with all DLC's included?

you pay full price to play content while its still relevant. and RoHC was free to subscribers long before SoR was released.

whatever issues I have with bioware, eventually removing cost of expansions? is not one of them.

and yes. it will go free to subscribers. when? no idea. I WOULD say sometime around final operation of the expansion being released or possibly few months before release of next expansion, but given slowed down pace of content... what little there is. I have no idea when.

that said... if you are not running ops with a group of people you like. you are likely better off waiting it out.

Edited by Jeweledleah

We got the "< character name > the Risen" title if memory serves me right.

Most underwhelming thing ever really. :o

Pretty sure we also got some free Cartel coins, but my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Honestly I don't care if they make SoR free further down the line, as long as when they do it they subject all of those players to the exact same experience we all got for beta testing it.

Lag, ability delays, glitches, bugs, a chance to be banned for exploits etc.

Also if they make it free further down the line can BioWare please give me another free title (I'm a title collector :p), a 12x exp boost that applies account wide and lasts 7 days (to be used when I want it) as well as some free CC! And a mount, and some free armour / weapon sets (mainhand and offhand), as well as a sweet holo decoration for my stronghold, a ship for GSF, some PvP comms, some PvE comms, a free race unlock, a couple of sweet dyes.

Think that covers most of it so we don't see the waaaaaaaah threads on the forums about the gifts being lame.

And the snotty "you're poor, derp" troll chimes in.

Well not only is it $20, but it's one time $20. If OP REALLY wanted it, he'd have it. Even being poor, budgeting and saving can do wonders. I would know because I've been there.

Edited by Papazmurf

There are multiple things a person who actually wanted the expansion could do to get that $20 dollars quickly with a little effort. It being the middle of winter here in US and lots of the country getting hit by snow; shoveling a couple walkways comes to mind...

Hi,

I have a question regarding newest expansion Shadow of Revan. Is there any plan which makes this expansion available to subscribers fro free? And if yes when? I have several friends who play subscription and do not have much money so cannot afford the expansion will it be for free? And if yes, when?

I would like the official response/reply from BW team so no speculations or other opinions from not informed players. Thank you.

May the force be with you.

I agree. SoR should be free for subs.

No way should they make it free at this point. First off its only been 3 months since it came out. If they drop the price later that's fine. But making it free no way. There's alot of us who paid for it and had to deal with broken content. When they made rothc free they pretty much screwed over everyone who bought it when it came out by giving them a title. And the people that bought it during the month before it became free got a pile of cartel coins. If they make it free to subs they'd have to do more then a title or pile of cartel coins. Something a fully unlocked tattooine stronghold or better yet an exclusive stronghold only to those who bought the expansion. And even that wouldn't stop people from leaving.

Because if they made it free there's alot of people who would unsub and never return.

STOP BEING A FREELOADER AND PAY THE $20 FOR IT

Edited by Isaacone

As noted more than once, if they can afford a computer to play TOR on, if they can afford a high-speed internet connection, they can afford to pay a one-time $20.

No one who has the means to play this game is "poor" by any rational standard.

No, they will just give us an exclusive item that can not be found anywhere else in game. Just like hutt dlc item that players got once the dlc was free to subscriber.

All they gave the people who bought it by either pre order or after it came out got an exclusive title. And it gets even better. Those who bought it within the month before it went free got a bunch of free cartel coins

All they gave the people who bought it by either pre order or after it came out got an exclusive title. And it gets even better. Those who bought it within the month before it went free got a bunch of free cartel coins

People who pre-ordered got the swag (and the title) and access to the content months before it went free. People who did not pre-order got the title and access to the content for months (depending on how early they bought it). People who bought it less than 30 days before it went free got Cartel Coins (and maybe the title, not sure). The only people who got screwed are the people who bought it like 31 days before it went free.

People who pre-ordered got the swag (and the title) and access to the content months before it went free. People who did not pre-order got the title and access to the content for months (depending on how early they bought it). People who bought it less than 30 days before it went free got Cartel Coins (and maybe the title, not sure). The only people who got screwed are the people who bought it like 31 days before it went free.

Oh yeah thats right. Its been so long since it happened. I think they did get the title along with the coins. And with that I wasn't too upset anyway since I got an ability trainer holostatue. And that only cost $10 anyway.

Pretty sure we also got some free Cartel coins, but my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Nahhh. Here:

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Additionally, players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase.

Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Tuesday, April 20, 2060

Nah but seriously, my guess would be that it will be free for subscribers whenever they come out with 4.0, which will be a year or more from now. I'm basing that wild guess on the fact that RoTHC (2.0) became free when 3.0 happened.

Tuesday, April 20, 2060

Nah but seriously, my guess would be that it will be free for subscribers whenever they come out with 4.0, which will be a year or more from now. I'm basing that wild guess on the fact that RoTHC (2.0) became free when 3.0 happened.

RotHC became free about 5 months after it came out, in September of 2013, which is long before 3.0. I'd imagine that they would do something similar for SoR, so maybe around 3-5 months from now.

Oh yeah thats right. Its been so long since it happened. I think they did get the title along with the coins. And with that I wasn't too upset anyway since I got an ability trainer holostatue. And that only cost $10 anyway.

I didn't pre-order and I'm not upset. I had several months of access, so I think I got my money's worth.

5 pages... too lazy to read.

In case its not been posted:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Additionally, players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase.

Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT.

For more details about our Subscriber Rewards Program, visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/free.

To find out more about Rise of the Hutt Cartel, visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/RiseoftheHuttCartel.

Stay connected to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

RotHC went free to subscribers on 12 of September 2013. It was released around April 2013.

If SoR goes free to subscribers I would expect it around the 5 month mark... which would be May/June 2015

Edited by lintonlisa

5 pages... too lazy to read.

In case its not been posted:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

RotHC went free to subscribers on 12 of September 2013. It was released around December 2012.

If SoR goes free to subscribers I would expect it around September this year, no sooner.

For clarification RotHC was released April, 14 2013 (April 9th for preorders).